Full figured 25hp Tractors

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #41  
No regrets at all on my 25 hp Branson . I did have to learn what gear to be in when working with different implements but it has done everything I’ve asked of it . They say after your warranty is up you can turn the HP up to around 35 hp. Not sure I’ll do it when the time comes . This project alone saved me over 5K. I got 7 quad axle loads spread in one weekend.
How did you get away with filling that wetland?

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #43  
How did you get away with filling that wetland?
It use to be planted pines . When they were removed and the stumps ground . 178 of them ! Low spots formed . The rain runs away from the house and pooled until we had a pond of mush. It use to be dry when all the trees were there. The mess was unbelievable when all the snow melted.

Attachments

• 992F3025-C556-4FFC-97FC-0363E4CC8B1E.jpeg
    992F3025-C556-4FFC-97FC-0363E4CC8B1E.jpeg
    436.9 KB · Views: 90
  • A213BB50-8FAE-4378-8B0A-82D1316A2C3D.jpeg
    A213BB50-8FAE-4378-8B0A-82D1316A2C3D.jpeg
    462.5 KB · Views: 95
  • EA1967BB-FA09-4145-95EE-BE1B5B953503.jpeg
    EA1967BB-FA09-4145-95EE-BE1B5B953503.jpeg
    344.3 KB · Views: 96
   / Full figured 25hp Tractors #44  
It would be interesting if we could figure out a way to do a practical comparison of your 2515H and my L2501 from the viewpoint of actually owning and using them.

Comparison chart posted by a dealer: https://www.kenotractors.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/2515R-2515H-Comparison-Chart.pdf According to the chart, the 2515 has a loader lift capacity of 2,200 lbs vs 1131 for the L2501. That is a substantial difference.

Also looks like the 2515 has a suspension seat and a fuel tank located at the foot rest area so no lifting 5 gallon cans up to the hood like my L2501.
A lot of my decision came down to money and dealer . The Kioti was my first choice and I would love a Kubota but the funds weren’t there. I found a good Branson dealer 28 miles from me with a good service department and that made my decision.

The specs , features, motor and warranty are very good . If I were to upgrade I would stick with Branson .
It’s used strictly on weekends up at our cabin . I just couldn’t justify 35k for a green tractor 🚜 would I like one YES . Ha ha

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #45  
It use to be planted pines . When they were removed and the stumps ground . 178 of them ! Low spots formed . The rain runs away from the house and pooled until we had a pond of mush. It use to be dry when all the trees were there. The mess was unbelievable when all the snow melted.
178; Thats a lot of holes. Probably still couldn't do it here, especially if you have any critters taking up residence, like salamanders or peepers and such. They call them "vernal pools" and even if they dry up during the summer, you can't touch them. Back to the subject at hand----

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #46  
There is a TYM dealer in my area who has recently begun promoting the Branson 2515H heavily. I don't think he was selling Branson before the merger, but he's really promoting 2515s now. I don't have any inside information whether TYM is trying to clear our Branson models or if they really intend to keep selling this particular model. But it looks like the TYM dealer has jumped in with both feet to sell them.

As for the 2515H, my impression is that it has really good loader capacity and hydraulics, but it's still a 25hp tractor when it comes to operating a rotary cutter. If the OP primarily needs loader capacity and not HP for mowing, then certainly the OP should consider that model.

Just trying to reduce the inventory. That isnt a good thing, to me it means they are trying to end the line.

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #47  
Love my L2501, but lack of PTO power is the one complaint I have. Now that I'm out of warranty I might change that, but it can be a real drag when your rotary cutter starts bogging down.

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #48  
Anyone financing a tractor get the lowest payments
as you can always make 2, 3 or more payments at
one time but if you get in a bind that low payment will
look mighty good! Also paying it off early saves interest
If you go for the short term and high payments like $671
or similar for most folks they can't double let alone triple the payments and if you get short on cash $671 is not
easy to come up with for most folks now adays

willy

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors
I think I'm going to go check out a TYM/Branson 1525H next week. They also have a 3515H for $3k more. Got to see what kind of financing is, trade in value (if they want the L285), and payment amounts. I know it's pretty low, but if I can get payments down to $300/month range, I might do it. Also will look at the Kioti and other TYM/Branson while there.

Next question; I have a Frontier 72" Box Blade. I know that's too much for my L285, and I'm sure it's too much for a 25 hp. Do you think it's worth trying out? It's a lot heavier duty then the 60" you see at Tractor supply, ect; and probably cost $1200 new. I only have I think $275 in the BB, so I'm sure I can get my money out of it; but probably not enough to cover a brand new 60" BB.

I did look at the RK25; and liked the tractor, But when you look at the rear lift arms and top link; they seemed comically light built. Not saying you can visible tell how strong they are, but it sure looked like a weak point.
Screenshot_20230428_184830_Chrome.jpg

/ Full figured 25hp Tractors #50  
There is a specific thread discussing various opinions on the 2515H. General thoughts on the 2515h?

At least one member has bought one. It would be smart to ask someone who actually owns one what their opinion is.