Garage Borrowed - 6 weeks and counting

/ Garage Borrowed - 6 weeks and counting #11  
Bob "Ripped"

I had the same happen to me several times (at work) but insisted they push it outside when they were NOT working on it.........the vehicles were collecting leaves, snow, ice....:laughing:

One moocher took a year to complete the truck repairs (rebuilt engine, trans and other junk)

Never again......I have the bay for my convience, not theirs......

/ Garage Borrowed - 6 weeks and counting
Is he working on it every day, or once a week?
If every day and really trying to get it done but the job is blowing up... I understand might go easy on him...
If he is just dilly dallying... push it outside.

He has worked on it everyday when parts have been available. Sometimes parts take a week or more to turn around. He will get here at five pm and work till midnight or later. I place no fault there. That is why I have been so patient.

/ Garage Borrowed - 6 weeks and counting #14  
It has been on my lift for six weeks!

I expect once I get a lift installed in my garage I will have to turn more people away. I only have a few friends who I would let use my garage and their closer then most of my family and would be there to help me if I ever needed them. But their the ones who would never ask to use my garage, I would have to beg them to use it.

/ Garage Borrowed - 6 weeks and counting
We don't let anyone use our personal garage just for this reason. We have enough of our own equipment and if we need to work on something I don't want to have to worry about someone else being in the way. My brother isn't even allowed in there but thats because he never puts tools away and leaves his garbage where ever it falls. The nicer your garage the more people want to use it so unless their real close friends who you trust just learn to say no. If they can afford a play car like the one you described then they can afford to build a simple garage of their own.

He has borrowed his bosses car for the past six weeks. He does not have another car, but is thinking of having a second Corvette. I am surprised that no one has suggested billing him for garage time. Any suggestion on a rate.

/ Garage Borrowed - 6 weeks and counting #16  
The car will stay in your gargae. Until you put your foot down and tell him the car has to go or you have it moved. It's just like the friend who wants to move in for a couple days.

/ Garage Borrowed - 6 weeks and counting #17  
I tell them "My shop is a mess and will need a large amount of cleaning before the vehicle will fit."

I've never had an offer yet to clean my shop yet.:D

BUT, I am having that issue with a dirtbiker friend that has not place to store his bike. Did it for him last year, and it showed up on it's own this year. Next year I may tell him my insurance rep told me I had to remove it. So, anyway, guess that make me a sucker too. :(

/ Garage Borrowed - 6 weeks and counting #18  
Put it on Craigslist with his phone number.

/ Garage Borrowed - 6 weeks and counting #19  
i had a co worker that had moved here from up north.. he had a 26' box truck full of 'mobile machine shop' equipment he wanted to park at my farm.. said I could use some tools.. etc.

for me it would have been a hassle. for one thing..the value of the tools and my insurance.. and since he wanted it in my pasture.. if / when he needed it, i'd have to go round up animals and whatnot. not to mention, he's likely be over at my house all the time.. :)

I just begged out of it for insurance and possible zoning issues.. :)

/ Garage Borrowed - 6 weeks and counting #20  
With that many different manufacturer parts installed you know that it is going to be in constant repair.:confused2: If he gets it out the door to test run in no unceartain terms I would let him know he overextended his welcome and never ask you again.
Gary