Garage Borrowed - 6 weeks and counting

/ Garage Borrowed - 6 weeks and counting
Sounds like a nice and smart way to handle it. He may be the guy that can help you out someday.......

And I think he would. He offered to buy me some tools to partially pay for the use. My thought is to send him a link to this thread.

/ Garage Borrowed - 6 weeks and counting #32  
   / Garage Borrowed - 6 weeks and counting #33  
yep.. deffinately take that offer...

soundguy

/ Garage Borrowed - 6 weeks and counting #34  
If I were using your shop, I would be the one changing your oil outside or any other mechanical work that I inconvenienced towards you. So without that so much as offered it tells me what the future payback might be. It was not like he did not have down time waiting on parts...
Then again I read people a little differently. Hope I am wrong once again for your sake.:(
Just think any returns would have been shown by now 6 wks. (Clean Shop, Clean Parts Cleaner, Etc.)
Gary

If I were using your shop, I would be the one changing your oil outside or any other mechanical work that I inconvenienced towards you. So without that so much as offered it tells me what the future payback might be. It was not like he did not have down time waiting on parts...
Then again I read people a little differently. Hope I am wrong once again for your sake.:(
Just think any returns would have been shown by now 6 wks. (Clean Shop, Clean Parts Cleaner, Etc.)
Gary

He did offer to change the oil. I prefer to do it myself. The shop is a mess right now. He needs to clean it.

/ Garage Borrowed - 6 weeks and counting #36  
I don't let others change my oil.

heck it;s taking him 6 weeks to do his stuff.. oil change on yours might be 2 days.. :)

I don't let others change my oil.

heck it;s taking him 6 weeks to do his stuff.. oil change on yours might be 2 days.. :)

It took me 15 minutes. Just drove it up on two 2 x 6's and I had enough clearance.

/ Garage Borrowed - 6 weeks and counting #38  
He has already offended the corvette gods by swapping in a non OEM engine, I would be worried about possible lightning strikes.

He has already offended the corvette gods by swapping in a non OEM engine, I would be worried about possible lightning strikes.

I had not thought of that. :laughing:

/ Garage Borrowed - 6 weeks and counting #40  

That was my first thought, lol...
When i was 20, I loaned my single car garage to a newly acquired friend to work on his VW, with the stipulation that he only work on it while I was there. First day, ok. Second day, I wasn't there, third day he broke into my garage and took his VW somewhere else, damaging the door and leaving it open to thieves. Next day he showed up to work, and when I got off my motorcycle, I broke his nose and my right ring finger. Still have that broken bone to remind me to keep my cool, or use something harder than my hands.
Glad yours is working out better than my garage loaning experience. Now if the shop gets used, it is on my terms, though I do have projects to build other people stuff when I want.
David from jax