Oil & Fuel gas strut help

/ gas strut help #1  
Tractor
TC40 Tv140 8670
I need to know if there is a different source (other than the dealer)for the gas struts that are used to help open and close the doors and windows on the NH tractors. NH is pretty proud of those struts. I am looking for 2 door struts for an 8870, and 2 door struts for a TV140.

Thank you
Tim

/ gas strut help #2  
Surplus Center has some . Take some measurements and see if they have anything that will work. Your local auto parts store might also be able to match it to something if the counter person wants to put a little effort into a search.
Bill

/ gas strut help #3  
I would try your local auto parts store. Just bring it with you and they should be able to match it up. Usually these are a standard sizes used on many different applications.

/ gas strut help #4  
You should be able to get original NH parts for the following prices...
8870 gas strut is part # 9706806 and is $29.95
TV140 gas strut is part # 87408640 and is $28.99

Partspring original Ford/New Holland parts

/ gas strut help
I've tried auto part stores and no luck at all. I am currently trying to get specs on these struts so I can find some that will fit and won't be quite as pricey. I don't know if $800 would cover the 8 that I need for an 8870 NH. Thanks
Tim

/ gas strut help #6  
I've tried auto part stores and no luck at all. I am currently trying to get specs on these struts so I can find some that will fit and won't be quite as pricey. I don't know if $800 would cover the 8 that I need for an 8870 NH. Thanks
Tim
Most all stock gas charged springs run in the $20-$30 range and some much higher. I don't think you'll find them any cheaper than that. Not only do they come in different lengths but also lift capacity and connection type. You might try matching yours to the stock listing in the lower half of the following page:

LS Technologies - Standard Gas Charged

/ gas strut help #7  
Tim

You should be able to buy struts for the hood, doors, and rear window for the 8870 for a total of $275 if your dealer stock orders them and you pick them up at the store. That's six struts, I don't know where the other two are hiding on an 8870. At $70 per, the rear window struts are the pricey ones. You shouldn't be running around with the window open anyway.