Gasoline Tractors are they coming Back ?

/ Gasoline Tractors are they coming Back ? #1  

can do

Gold Member
Tractor
M-F1526,M-F50
With the high prices of diesel fuel , & possible shortages looming are manufactures considering bringing back gasoline engines that have become more efficient than the ones from 50 to 60 years ago ! & the EV tractors are starting prove themselves not reliable in extreme weather conditions , & the power grid is not there in rural areas & not to mention operating cost ! The diesel engine is still the most efficient as far as fuel consumption , But having to meet stronger emission standards allot of owners are not happy with the regens & having to run def in there tractor of 25 HP or more which adds more to operating cost & efficiency ! In summary would you consider buying a new gasoline engine tractor instead of a EV tractor ! Or as a substitute for a diesel if they were available ? Just a thought :unsure: .

/ Gasoline Tractors are they coming Back ? #3  
I already am. With the new emission controlled engines and the skyrocketing prices of new tractors, I'd rather buy old antique tractors, convert to 12 volt and electronic ignition very cheaply and have a tractor that runs every day forever.

/ Gasoline Tractors are they coming Back ? #5  
Would a newer gas be much better maintenance wise than diesel since the catalytic converters would be fire starters along with all the sensors on new gas engines.

/ Gasoline Tractors are they coming Back ?
I already am. With the new emission controlled engines and the skyrocketing prices of new tractors, I'd rather buy old antique tractors, convert to 12 volt and electronic ignition very cheaply and have a tractor that runs every day forever.
Hey Paystar ! I'm still running my 1959 M-F 50 gasoline as well at least weekly , But if they came out with newer tractors with gasoline engines would You buy one with a inline 6 or 4 cylinder if they were made available again? Have Merry Christmas !

/ Gasoline Tractors are they coming Back ? #7  
There was a time when diesels were the simplest motors. They were entirely mechanical without any electrical systems or carburetors. Gas engines were better at just about everything else, and much less expensive because of the lower compression ratio.
I liked the gasoline industrial engines. They ran wonderfully smoothly at low RPM and started easily. Easy to maintain and rebuild. Lasted just as long as diesels. A much quieter engine and easy to control emissions.
I don't see any great advantage to today's diesels. For most things, the gasoline engines do better.
rScotty

/ Gasoline Tractors are they coming Back ? #8  
You raise an interesting question. One drawback of gas for occasional users is that it doesn't store as well as diesel does. I can shut my diesel tractor off, pull the key and walk away from it for a year. (Theoretically speaking... it's a rare occasion that it sets for more than a week.)

/ Gasoline Tractors are they coming Back ?
Would a newer gas be much better maintenance wise than diesel since the catalytic converters would be fire starters along with all the sensors on new gas engines.
A tractor would be exempt on some sensors , & catalytic converters can be located anywhere on a tractor! rather than underneath. & also most of the sensors are way more reliable than they were 30 years ago.

/ Gasoline Tractors are they coming Back ? #10  
With diesel costing over $ 2 per gallon more than gas right now, it makes sense to use gas tractors. I think we will see that difference tighten way up by the spring.

The reason for the big difference right now, is that we are at the point of maximum demand for heating oil. That is identical to diesel fuel, except for the color.