GC1710 vs GC1720

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #61  
Wow this isn't sounding good at all. Does this dealer do large volume? Do you know of anyone that's purchased form them? Wondering if it's an MF issue or a dealer issue, or just the roll of the dice. Either way, sorry to hear you are going through it.

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #62  
Wow this isn't sounding good at all. Does this dealer do large volume? Do you know of anyone that's purchased form them? Wondering if it's an MF issue or a dealer issue, or just the roll of the dice. Either way, sorry to hear you are going through it.

My theory is that either the diesel fuel is not ultra low sulfur . . Or there is some contamination of diesel fuel or injection system is dirty . . . or something is drawing off hydro flows (relief valves or a pto (mid or rear) is flowing to bypass somehow . . because if there is traction .
. At least in my GC1715 . . . there is lots of power . . more than I expected.

P.s. could one of the 2 hydro pumps be not functioning or partially bypassing?

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #63  
Quick Update:
I had to call Agco 4 times before someone called me back, I requested that I be called back by someone with Agco....but they had the dealer I bought from call me........needless to say I was given some BS answer as to why I haven't been taken care of yet. They came and picked up the unit (07-24-15) and now I guess Ill wait to see what they say.
I must say, I wish I would have bought the JD or the Kubota.......as their customer service and dealers can't be as ****** as Agco.
#masseyferguson

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #64  
Quick Update:
I had to call Agco 4 times before someone called me back, I requested that I be called back by someone with Agco....but they had the dealer I bought from call me........needless to say I was given some BS answer as to why I haven't been taken care of yet. They came and picked up the unit (07-24-15) and now I guess Ill wait to see what they say.
I must say, I wish I would have bought the JD or the Kubota.......as their customer service and dealers can't be as ****** as Agco.
#masseyferguson

In your prior post you'd mentioned the dealer would pick it up for service after they slowed down . . and that was OK because you were using it. This post is about calling AGCO 4 times. What happened between the last post and this one??

Also . . . AGCO is the ownership and financing arm of this very large company. If there is some problem with your dealer that isn't explained . . . why wouldn't you have contacted Massey or your sales rep at Massey?

I think of AGCO as a banker and Massey as the manufacturer.

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #65  
Yes My Dealer (a small town small dealer) said they would get me in when they slowed down (after that I really didn't want to go there, I just paid 18K for a NEW tractor...why do I have to wait for anything) ......well after waiting 4 weeks without so much as a word from the dealer....and not really wanting them to do anything to it, as I did already have the tractor there for service once and they didn't fix it. (and I had to take the tractor in the first time myself.....my dealer is 90 min away)
I was under the assumption Agco owned Massey....and I used the Massey site to send emails and get the number to Massey (I called 877-525-4384)...I wish I knew who my local rep was, or could talk to someone at Massey about it.
I called Agco/Massey every 3-4 days (I was told each time someone would contact me within 48 hours) for a total of 4 times until they had the dealer call me.....and Yes that's why the dealer called me, because someone at the factory called him.
The only reason my dealer called back was that I called 4 times to complain...and on the last call I had to become a super Dick to get a response.....or so it seems
I was using the tractor at the time, but a few weeks later the fluid leak around the rear PTO cover caused the fluid level to get so low so I stopped using it....that and I haven't bought any attachments because I want to see this thing working the way it should before I spend any more money.
The tractor now has 53 hours on it and here is the list of issues I sent it away with.
No power once unit warms up, unit wont climb a hill in low 4x4 (with hoe and loader on), high range is worthless unless loader and hoe are taken off and you stay on flat ground....even the loader and hoe seem to lack power now.
Hydro fluid leaking around rear PTO cover (FYI I have never used either PTO)
Loader Joystick linkage came undone (I fixed it in the field but the lockout lever is now out of adjustment because of the issue)
Dealer came and got the tractor Friday morning.............lets see how long it takes to hear back and what they say.
Ill keep posting.

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #66  
Stlmatt,

It sounds like things have deteriorated considerably and rapidly since purchase.

1. Obviously you want to let the current repair situation continue to see if things get corrected or not. The fact they came to pick it up means they are responding. Whether that response is enough . . is yet to be determined. However - it would be interesting to know if the motivation came from Agco asking questions . . Or the dealer 1st really learning of the concern at the ownership of dealership level.

2. While not a favored possibility . . a small dealership could have gotten swamped rather easily at this time of year ( late may thru mid July) between few service personnel and many client needs during a period of very bad weather and peak customer needs. Not favored . . but not ruthless either.

Also, in a small dealership . . 1 service person leaving for a raise at another dealership can also cause this type of service backup . . . again not desired but not intentional on the dealers part.

3. One of the Massey strengths is their warranty is not dealer focused . . Its network focused. So if your dealer fails to have your tractor corrected in short timeframes once they actually have received it . . then you are justified to recontact that Agco # and request another Massey dealer take over. This will likely cause the territory sales rep to get involved. But if you are to be effective in your request . . you need to let your dealer either succeed or fail 1st.

Hope this gets worked out quickly and to your satisfaction. To this point its been a dealer issue. The next 4 weeks will determine the quality of your manufacturer response. Many times on tbn we read about how close a dealer is located to the user. My focus is not distance but motivation to succeed at the dealer level.

Hope good news is on your way. :)

Axlehub

Last edited:
   / GC1710 vs GC1720 #67  
This Is my first post here. I found this site after buying.

I came here with the same problem plus, a leak in the hoe . dealer kept it a week I called. " Sorry so and so isn't in " me: can you tell me how long my brand new 11.5 hour 1720 will be before you look at it ? dealer : I can't find a work order .I picked mine up 20 min. later. I agree this is a dealer problem. I'll be trying to find a new servicing dealer. good luck, I hope yours is fixed by now. I hope to read a update soon.

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #68  

I came here with the same problem plus, a leak in the hoe . dealer kept it a week I called. " Sorry so and so isn't in " me: can you tell me how long my brand new 11.5 hour 1720 will be before you look at it ? dealer : I can't find a work order .I picked mine up 20 min. later. I agree this is a dealer problem. I'll be trying to find a new servicing dealer. good luck, I hope yours is fixed by now. I hope to read a update soon.

I think that is a reasonable attitude.

One of the things I tell people is warranty work is generally profitable work for the dealer. It doesn't mean rhey get rich on it . . But it does mean its not all helping out the customer and "eating" the effort.

A sharp dealer is one who parses out their obligations so that customers are put in que for service work. Sometimes a dealer has to fight for the cusyomer's benefit with the manufacturer . . sometimes they have to do something free . . But always they need to emphasize to employees the customer awareness focus.

Distance to a good dealer is far less important than finding that good dealer . .
. And having equipment that allows a backup dealer location if something happens to the good dealer.

Jmho

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #69  

Here's my latest update.....Tractor was picked up 7-24-15 by dealer......Not a word all week so I called today, the BOSS (or the person I have been dealing with) is on vacation at this time. I was told they are waiting on a part but they couldn't tell me what part that was. I was told maybe end of next week (8-14-15) ill have it back......maybe was the key word there. So I called the factory again and requested the Field Service rep for my area call me.....this is now my 5th call to have someone contact me and needless to say I haven't received one call. I will call everyday from now on and I will get more angry and rude with each call.......as I have been way to nice until now. I have also posted reviews on every site I can find and will continue to post. I have even tried contacting the factory though their facebook page and haven't heard a word.
The Saga continues.
What was the issue besides the leak on the hoe? Did you have the same lack of power issue?

Stlmatt

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #70  
I opted for the GC1720 over the GC1710 for the reason previously stated earlier in the post by Stlmatt. However, I have not had any issues with power or dealer. I did have a minor issue with my MMM not being level, and not lowering completely. The dealer volunteered to pick up the tractor and deliver it back the same day. When the truck showed up the driver (also a dealer mechanic) asked what the issue was with the tractor. I explained to him what was going on and he asked if he could look at the tractor before loading it. I replied sure, and he found the issue causing the MMM not to lower completely and then leveled the MMM. He had me test everything out for correct operation, and then took the time to give an in-depth walk around the tractor, explaining every little detail. As you may have guessed, this is my first tractor and he felt I should feel comfortable operating it, and he said, "reading a manual is not as good as being shown". So instead of my tractor going back to the dealer, it was fixed on the spot.

I have been a mechanic on cars and aircraft for over 20 years, but for some reason I was a little gun shy when messing with my new tractor. It could be it had only been 3 days since it was delivered, and I felt that the MMM and the rear PTO guard placement (the reason the MMM wouldn't lower all the way) should have been checked prior to it being delivered. Besides the little issue I explained about the MMM, everything has been great. I have used the FEL and hoe with no issues. The dealer gave me touch up paint (MF grey and red in spray cans), 2 MF hats, and I feel a fair deal on the tractor. I got the GC1720 (new style FEL and hoe) and MMM for $17,000.00.