Oil & Fuel GC1715 Blowing hydraulic fluid

/ GC1715 Blowing hydraulic fluid #1  

Coyote1

Tractor
GC1715
Changed the fluid and filter in my GC1715 tractor and now it blows fluid out the cap. I don't think it is over filled sitting in the garage with motor off oil isn't showing in the glass. I mowed with the tractor last week for three hours and it worked great. This week mowed 1.5 hours it blowed fluid out cap. I am wondering if dealer sold me the wrong filter the one he sold me was about 1 inch shorter.

/ GC1715 Blowing hydraulic fluid #2  
If the filter was wrong, you probably would have noticed it right away. If it only started after 4.5 hours of use, probably something happened.

Is it foaming out the cap, or is it straight fluid?

Any fluid coming out at the filter (ie:did the filter come loose? Did you install the gasket with the filter? The old gasket stuck on too?)

/ GC1715 Blowing hydraulic fluid
Fluid, only coming out cap.

/ GC1715 Blowing hydraulic fluid
No I start tractor an it comes up in glass when I lift the mowing deck.

/ GC1715 Blowing hydraulic fluid #6  
Assuming the Hydro oil used was the correct spec, try taking a look at the oil fill tube plug. It also acts as a breather valve preventing pressure build up in the transmission. It will come out there if over pressured. It is only a plastic plug, do not tighten it like its a nut/bolt.
GC1715.jpg

/ GC1715 Blowing hydraulic fluid #7  
Forgot to add it's pretty important for the breather valve be working. Too much pressure and the hydro fluid level sight gauge can for blown out. It's only a press fit. They eventually added a washer that covered part of the sight glass to keep it in place. Driving up slopes will magnify the problem.

/ GC1715 Blowing hydraulic fluid #8  
Assuming the Hydro oil used was the correct spec, try taking a look at the oil fill tube plug. It also acts as a breather valve preventing pressure build up in the transmission. It will come out there if over pressured. It is only a plastic plug, do not tighten it like its a nut/bolt.View attachment 751728
Odd you should mention that , my 1715 does not have the above mentioned breather on fill tube...

/ GC1715 Blowing hydraulic fluid #9  
Odd you should mention that , my 1715 does not have the above mentioned breather on fill tube...
This is a picture of the underside of the plug. More than just a stopper. Quality is a lot lower than the plugs from previous GC models.
1656439463494.png