GC2300 frame flexing under certain conditions?

/ GC2300 frame flexing under certain conditions? #21  
using them with bucket to lift front (watch rear tire movement when raising front, use bucket tilt to keep in place.. start with cut edge on ground) and a level on the frame helps set you up for hyd oil changes on GC series.
I don't think I would trust the ramps I have to hold up the rear of the tractor while I'm under it.

What are you using for ramps?

/ GC2300 frame flexing under certain conditions? #22  
I don't think I would trust the ramps I have to hold up the rear of the tractor while I'm under it.

I would imagine if they're drive-up ramps like I got (plastic ones no less), they're for a car or a truck. If they're designed for that, why not a tractor?

/ GC2300 frame flexing under certain conditions? #23  

I would imagine if they're drive-up ramps like I got (plastic ones no less), they're for a car or a truck. If they're designed for that, why not a tractor?
16K lb ramps. I did damage one of them with torch slag so I don't let anything over 4K GVW (so 2k per axle) onto them. thery handle tractor fine, crown vic and ford escape fine, the 2011 silverado 2500 and 2020 dodge cummins 2500....yeah....emergency only.

LOL reminds me I meant to replace on payday (disabled vet) so....just ordered new set.

fwiw on tractor end used on GC2400, GC1710TLB, GC1723TLB, GC1725M TLB and MF 1532.

Last edited:
   / GC2300 frame flexing under certain conditions?

Last edited:
   / GC2300 frame flexing under certain conditions? #25  
Ha! Well, easier not to do that on a tractor, you could just look down and see how far back on the ramp is the rear tire.

/ GC2300 frame flexing under certain conditions? #26  
The ones I have a plastic, supposed to be good for 12K vehicle, so they are supposed to be good, but only for 9" tires. I'll have to test them out. I honestly never thought about using them on the rear to help with HST oil changes, but it would be nice to have more room to deal with getting the skid plate off and on. I will probably try this next spring, maybe put my jack stands under the frame, just in case.

/ GC2300 frame flexing under certain conditions? #27  
.the backhoe frame mounts actually will not help with side-side flex really. there is no crossover between them.
The rear frame cross member is the entire transmission, and axle assembly.

The rear backhoe mounts are hardened steel. One of mine was off a little from day one. I had a heck of a time trying to bend it. And, I straighten frames for a living.

The way the front loader attaches to the frame is an excellent way to stabilize the frame. Obviously, the engineers thought that too.

It's a real nice set up. In all these years, I can't recall any complaints, or failures here.

/ GC2300 frame flexing under certain conditions? #28  
Ha! Well, easier not to do that on a tractor, you could just look down and see how far back on the ramp is the rear tire.
I like to have the door, or the window open, and lean out to look at the ramp. At least your not flying completly bind.

It's not hard to drive past the stops, when they are not very high.

/ GC2300 frame flexing under certain conditions? #29  
The rear frame cross member is the entire transmission, and axle assembly.

The rear backhoe mounts are hardened steel. One of mine was off a little from day one. I had a heck of a time trying to bend it. And, I straighten frames for a living.

The way the front loader attaches to the frame is an excellent way to stabilize the frame. Obviously, the engineers thought that too.

It's a real nice set up. In all these years, I can't recall any complaints, or failures here.
if box blade on then backhoe is off.
the torsional twist values (resistance/strength) would be the same between a backhoe and non backhoe GC series.
like you said, the transaxle (as well as the rear tow hitch) is the rear side to side crossmember(s) and they are the same transaxle and tow hitch plate for each series TLB or non TLB.
backhoe on then the pins and saddles add crossmember attributes due to hoe itself frame.
backhoe frame tractor side will prevent longitudal flex no matter if hoe on or off.

/ GC2300 frame flexing under certain conditions? #30  
if box blade on then backhoe is off.
the torsional twist values (resistance/strength) would be the same between a backhoe and non backhoe GC series.

One has a substantial part of the frame doubled, plus the FEL mounts.

And, one is just a frame.

So, I'm not able to agree.