GC2300 frame flexing under certain conditions?

/ GC2300 frame flexing under certain conditions? #31  
All frames allow for some flex same with unibodies. However on my dads farmall tractor the transmission and axle housings are the frame. Dont see how they can flex.

/ GC2300 frame flexing under certain conditions? #32  
take 2 pieces of metal.
put a pencil between them to act as crossmember.
lift one side watch pencil snap.
use thicker metal on the sides (quadruple, whatever. it don;t matter) use that same pencil as crossmember.
pencil will still snap.
think about it.
I'm out.

/ GC2300 frame flexing under certain conditions?
we need tractorbynet mythbusters team :p

/ GC2300 frame flexing under certain conditions? #34  
If you are working aggressively in the dirt with a SCUT, it absolutely can/will flex. As was said earlier, you can with some ease take a SCUT past it's limits and tweak things on them, most often the loader. I had a GC2400 for about 5 years and thought I put it to some pretty hard work, don't remember it flexing but doesn't mean it wouldn't. They are not indestructible.

My little Case SCUT was over loaded or used too hard (before I bought it) as the loader is slightly tweaked, not bad though.

They are equipped with a very torquey engine and powerful hydraulics systems, though the frame is usually equipped to match, they can be "over used".

One of the worst thing you can do is put them under heavy load on an angle.

/ GC2300 frame flexing under certain conditions? #35  
Not sure if this is relevant, but a few years ago the bolt in the loader mount sheared, and the pin started walking out. No visible damage, but no idea why it happened. May be related to frame/loader flex.

Attachments

• loader mount.jpg
    loader mount.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 64
   / GC2300 frame flexing under certain conditions? #36  
take 2 pieces of metal.
put a pencil between them to act as crossmember.
lift one side watch pencil snap.
use thicker metal on the sides (quadruple, whatever. it don;t matter) use that same pencil as crossmember.
pencil will still snap.
think about it.
I'm out.
Yes, but you are over simplifying the forces that are applied to the frame when these guys are using it.

It's not ever a simple one side stays in place, while the other side is moved up or down shearing force,

Because of the rear end housing, and the crossmembers, which transfer the forces to the other rail, it's a twisting force.

The whole frame has to be able to resist it, not just the crossmembers. Flex the rails enough at their weakest point, and you will have a failure. That's exactly why the TLB frame is beefed up, and not the cross members. The weakest point is the side rails.