GC2410 Coldest Weather Starting problem

/ GC2410 Coldest Weather Starting problem #41  
:p hey ray i was just trying to make light of the injustice that was made to MF Red by his dealer. We all know the magnetic pan heaters aren't very good.
As for having a backup plan most of us would surely figure out some way to get things going in a pinch.One of my backup plans would be to walk over to the gas tractor and turn the key,and hopefully be in buisness.Larry.

That was a pretty slimy thing his dealer did.

I like winter, but I am not sure I like it enough to live any further north. A? :D

/ GC2410 Coldest Weather Starting problem
Thanks to everyone for the great information and support. When I started this thread, I was hoping for some positive information regarding block heaters and that is exactly what I received. The information allowed me to resolve my cold starting problems with a MF block heater. Where I live the average low and high temperatures in January is 10F and 29F with an average annual snowfall of 12 feet. That is why I specificly ordered a frost plug type block heater.
My search for a tractor took about a 2 month email and phone journey, starting with emails to every tractor manufacturer that I found offering a 20hp to 30hp TLB. I am disabled, so I required a hard cab with a heater if I was going to do my own snow removal. I have difficultly looking behind when seated on the tractor, so mostly I looked for front end type of attachments. I contacted this dealer first looking for a Mahindra tractor and he introduced me to the MF tractors that he also carried. Being disabled is why I purchased the additional in the cab snowblower and dozer blade optional controls to make things easier for me. This was the only dealer that returned my emails with quotes and also good suggestions that might help me because of my disablility.
I did not shop one MF dealer with another and also I did not try to get him to reduce his quotes or throw in extras, thats just the way I am (trusting). With all the money that I was investing with this purchase, the cost of the block heater was peanuts. This dealer has done lots of good things for me, but I do not have an answer for switching my block heater to a magnetic oil pan 200W heater without informing me?
I just hope this thread can help someone else with the positive information about a MF block heater. Thanks to all, KC :)

Hey everyone, just an update about the MF block heater #4269250M91 that is installed on my tractor. I plugged in the block heater for a hour and the temperature in the garage was 16F.
After plugged in for an hour, my MF GC2410 started up quickly and ran like it was already warmed up :D :D :D. I believe this little heater will save the engines life :) :) :) compared to the dealer supplied magentic oil heater that was so hard on the engine when trying to start it in the cold :mad: :mad: :mad:.
Here is some more information about this block heater from tonight at 8:30pm:
Temperature outside of garage is 4F.
Temperature inside the garage where my tractor is parked is 10F.
Temperature of the tractor block is 12F.
I plugged the block heater in for 20 minutes and then the tractor block temperature is 42F.
For the temperature readings, I used a Raytek MiniTemp MT4 Infrared Thermometer purchased from a local auto parts store. It has a claim of +-2% accuracy and I believe them.
Hope this information will help others. KC

/ GC2410 Coldest Weather Starting problem #44  
Having left the tractor out for a couple of weeks I wanted to put it in the garage but of course it would not start. I tried putting a halogen light under the hood with moving blankets over the hood but that did nothing. I took the small space heater out of the trailer and set it in front of the block and placed the blankets over the engine leaving air space around the heater. After about 1-1/2HR of heating and using a booster it started OK.

Having left the tractor out for a couple of weeks I wanted to put it in the garage but of course it would not start. I tried putting a halogen light under the hood with moving blankets over the hood but that did nothing. I took the small space heater out of the trailer and set it in front of the block and placed the blankets over the engine leaving air space around the heater. After about 1-1/2HR of heating and using a booster it started OK.

Sounds like you could use a MF blockheater, :thumbsup:, or else more blankets, :laughing:, just kidding. KC :D :D :D

/ GC2410 Coldest Weather Starting problem #47  
Block Heater for sure. Not cheap but solved all my issues here in chilly Nebraska

/ GC2410 Coldest Weather Starting problem #48  
Can anyone help me with the installation of a block heater on my MF 1250, I have removed 2 frost plugs on the right side of the engine, but there isn't enough clearance between the block and the water jacket to install the heater, the dealer says that I have the right part but I am at a loss, please help, thanks.

/ GC2410 Coldest Weather Starting problem #49  
Can anyone help me with the installation of a block heater on my MF 1250, I have removed 2 frost plugs on the right side of the engine, but there isn't enough clearance between the block and the water jacket to install the heater, the dealer says that I have the right part but I am at a loss, please help, thanks.

Deezs, I suggest you start a new thread, with your question.

There will be a better chance of someone who knows the answer, seeing it.

/ GC2410 Coldest Weather Starting problem #50  
OK, thanks for advice, I have started a new thread, I am new to the forum, any help and guidance are greatly appreciated