General opinions on R1 vs. R14 tires?

/ General opinions on R1 vs. R14 tires? #21  
What would be the limit where the R14s fail?
The significant factor for both R4 and 14s is less traction in mucky ground or soft soil than R1s. That has never been an issue for me because I don’t like using my tractor during very wet conditions and tearing up the landscape. Your mileage may vary.

/ General opinions on R1 vs. R14 tires? #22  
I've had R4's in the past, they were horrible in the snow. I bought a tire groover and cut them, it made a huge differance. Trying to get up a snowy hill one winter, not doing well on my cut R4's, along comes my neighbor with his R1's. I expect him to do terribly because they have a very small contact patch. Up the hill he goes. I was amazed.
My brand new tractor came with R1's. I'll see how they do in the snow. They are supper aggresive to my gravel driveway. I would never put them on my lawn. If they don't pan out, or when they wear out, I'll replace them with R14's.

/ General opinions on R1 vs. R14 tires? #23  
I've had R4's in the past, they were horrible in the snow. I bought a tire groover and cut them, it made a huge differance. Trying to get up a snowy hill one winter, not doing well on my cut R4's, along comes my neighbor with his R1's. I expect him to do terribly because they have a very small contact patch. Up the hill he goes. I was amazed.
My brand new tractor came with R1's. I'll see how they do in the snow. They are supper aggresive to my gravel driveway. I would never put them on my lawn. If they don't pan out, or when they wear out, I'll replace them with R14's.
The problem is you will have to buy wider wheels to switch to R14 tires. R4 and 14 both require wider wheels than R1 tires.

/ General opinions on R1 vs. R14 tires? #24  
R1 or R14? If most of your work is in real soft soil like tilled soil or loamy woods ground you are crawling around in getting logs, get the R1 tires. If you are NOT mostly in SOFT soil, get the R14 and you will be happy.

/ General opinions on R1 vs. R14 tires? #25  
The problem is you will have to buy wider wheels to switch to R14 tires. R4 and 14 both require wider wheels than R1 tires.
Well, that's an interesting piece of information.

/ General opinions on R1 vs. R14 tires? #26  
Well, that's an interesting piece of information.
That is also assuming the typical or standard R1. They make wider R1 tires that also use wider wheels. Typically, you choose the tires/wheels at time of purchase. 'Buying ' new wheels would only happen if you already had the tractor with the other size.

/ General opinions on R1 vs. R14 tires? #27  
The dealer didn't offer tire options. R1's was what I got.

/ General opinions on R1 vs. R14 tires? #29  
The dealer didn't offer tire options. R1's was what I got.
That's unfortunate. The T654 can have R1 or R4.

/ General opinions on R1 vs. R14 tires? #30  
There are times on my property when R-1's just barely have adequate traction. Anything less would limit where and when I can access a few areas. I'll stick with my R-1's.