Generator water pump

/ Generator water pump #1  

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H (Mine) BX2380 (wife’s)
Perhaps not the most correct forum, but I have a 24kw generator, built in Phoenix from mostly Chinese components. The engine is a Yangdong YSD490ZLD diesel. The water pump went bad. At this point, the dealer, Affordable Generators in Phoenix has not been helpful with a replacement, saying not in stock and has to be ordered from the factory. I've asked for the appropriate part number, but nothing so far. If anyone has any suggestions as to remedy, I would appreciate it. David

/ Generator water pump #2  
Is it possible to get the old one rebuilt? Might be a lot easier than ordering one.

A lot of Chinese stuff is a copy of something else. Maybe, just maybe, a water pump from whatever it was copied from would fit. 24 kw is about 18 horsepower. Look around at all of the 20 ish HP diesels you can find. Might get lucky.

How much is it to order a water pump from the factory. Might take a long, long time, but it could be the low cost option.

/ Generator water pump
Is it possible to get the old one rebuilt? Might be a lot easier than ordering one. A lot of Chinese stuff is a copy of something else. Maybe, just maybe, a water pump from whatever it was copied from would fit. 24 kw is about 18 horsepower. Look around at all of the 20 ish HP diesels you can find. Might get lucky. How much is it to order a water pump from the factory. Might take a long, long time, but it could be the low cost option.

Yes, I'm looking into the rebuild possibility. Are you familiar with any rebuilders? Haven't found one likes calmly yet.

I had great luck getting a fuel pump/governor for this engine from Aliexpress. While I can find pumps listed for that engine, none of the pic match. If I had a part # I'm confident someone there would have it. I'm at the mercy of Affordable Generators for the factory order unless they provide me the part #. Unfortunately, the part in the supplied manual appears to be different.

/ Generator water pump
   / Generator water pump #8  
I had a Chinese generator 20 hp. Lucky I had an extended warranty , a gear on the starter broke. After trying for a month to get a replacement part, I received new generator. They told me to get rid of old one.
Some parts are impossible to get

/ Generator water pump
I had a Chinese generator 20 hp. Lucky I had an extended warranty , a gear on the starter broke. After trying for a month to get a replacement part, I received new generator. They told me to get rid of old one. Some parts are impossible to get

How wonderful. I'd have cardiac arrest if that happened to me. I had problems with both the power production and fuel governor during my warranty period. Affordable blamed the unbalanced power problem on me and then silent when I proven them wrong. They thought my shutoff problem was erg valve and more than year later still haven't received. I figured out and sourced the new governor.

Paid a $1000+ premium for this unit because it was built in US and was promised great after sales support. If they don't fix this problem, I will do my best that Affordable Generators in Phoenex, Az get the attention they earned.

Sorry for the rant, but this irritates me.

/ Generator water pump
Received email this morning from a supplier on Aliexpress requesting pics of the pump.
Feeling an array of hope :)