Getting clay mud off tires easily

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily
Ok. Hmm. Sounds like this is a problem everyone has...without any great solutions. I can't do the public road deal. At my place specifically, my shop is surrounded by road base/pea gravel. If I drive over that pea gravel, my tires turn into giant sprinkled donuts. If I pressure wash, there's enough mud washed off to start a small garden...which is exactly what happens in the spring. I'm not talking about a small amount of dirt...inches all the way around the tires/tracks, adds up, and is now mixed into the pea gravel on top of the road base and I've got weeds.
Gonna have to noodle on this some more. I've sketched some mechanical type scrapers out in my brain, but I worry with my ability to break stuff with the tractor that I'd tear up a tire. Something that you drive over before reaching the shop proper would be better, maybe some long "tracks" with angle iron in an inverted V...like a trailer ramp, but more closely spaced...dunno if it would work.

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #22  
My simply solution to not get mud on tractor tires is to stay off the tractor when it is muddy. When you drive a heavy tractor over ground that will turn to mud and stick to your tires, your leave behind earth that is like concrete. So what did you accomplish except make extra work for yourself and shorten the life of equipment.

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #23  
No mud here today, 18 deg. Time to get the tractor out.

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #24  
Advantage of having a long gravel driveway on a hillside cleans most of the mud off. Can drive in pasture to sling mud off the tires. Grass and stubble help scrub. Also drive in shallow creek with solid rock bottom. Dry falls off in tractor shed concrete floor and use aluminum scoop to shove out the door.

Gator6x4, I'm not out 4-wheeling. Sheez, I getting work done in tough conditions. Mud happens. I'm trying to find a solution.

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #26  
Gator6x4, I'm not out 4-wheeling. Sheez, I getting work done in tough conditions. Mud happens. I'm trying to find a solution.
What are you working on? Corn and soybeans are done around here, along with hay baling.

Nothing so noble. Demo, Site Prep, Forestry mulching, land clearing, food plots. At my place, I have a hay field, native wildflower field, and a small hobby plot for pumpkins, squash, corn, beans, sunflowers.

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #28  
Nothing so noble. Demo, Site Prep, Forestry mulching, land clearing, food plots. At my place, I have a hay field, native wildflower field, and a small hobby plot for pumpkins, squash, corn, beans, sunflowers.
Sounds like fun, when it's dry.

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #29  
Tractor,
Maybe not an option but can you just keep the vehicle in the mud vs driving around your yard? I don’t believe there is a good solution to getting the mud off consistently and reliably with out some serious elbow grease being involved. I.e. machine dedicated to mud duty and another kept on hard ground.

/ Getting clay mud off tires easily #30  
the solution on commercial construction sites is a long flat mound of fist size and larger rocks, they drive over them and it knocks off the mud as it fills with mud they hose it down or bring in more rock to make it higher.