Getting crushed rock back on driveway

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway #21  
Is there lawn care company near by,if so maybe worth hiring if the have equipment.

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway #22  
It is a thought. Kind of pricy, and I checked to see if I could rent one locally. No one has them. There are Stihl dealers in my nearest town of 30,000, but not have them in stock. Thanks

Home Depot rents them per their website. No idea as to the cost though…..

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway #23  
A strong leaf blower works really well if you get the gravel & stones before they sink in. The best solution is concrete. However, setting the plow up on mushroom skids and packing a track down with a vehicle first will stop the stone migration.

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway #24  
We had a rough winter in upstate NY this year with constant freeze/thaw, but not quite enough to melt things fully between storms. We pack it down before plowing and ended up with a giant skating rink. The drive is 1/2 mile and flat so we are good, but friends/family/deliveries are sometimes dicey.

For smaller areas with smaller stone I use the Sthil Kombi with the power broom attachment to make pretty quick work. It does a great job.

The landscape rake can work, but you'll move sod/dirt onto the drive at some point. Gauge wheels and float (chain or EA rake's slot) can help some.

The chain harrow seems to catch every stick/twing/rock when using in a food plot. I wonder if it may consolidate piles where they could be raked??

I also have a rock spreader attachment that came with the house when we moved in that is custom built and it has a "gravel reclaimer" built in. It will grab 2' off the drive and funnel that rock back to the drive assuming it is on the surface and not packed down in. I've never seen anything like it, but it is a simple concept.

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway #25  
If your turf is pretty tough and flat, and your rear blade is pretty light, I've had decent luck just using it to pull some of the gravel back, not all of course.
I think the real solution is calcium chloride on grade A gravel so it stay hard and packed as a municipal gravel road and a lighter rear blade can't hardly leave a mark, but I haven't done that yet. I guess I should try a section of my driveway and see what it does.

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway #26  
My experiance with the york rake is that it moves a lot of dirt and sod trying to get gravel out of grass.
Very true.

I found a T&T kit and gauge wheels help. You can adjust the "bite" and pitch of the rake on the fly.

/ Getting crushed rock back on driveway
If your turf is pretty tough and flat, and your rear blade is pretty light, I've had decent luck just using it to pull some of the gravel back, not all of course.
I think the real solution is calcium chloride on grade A gravel so it stay hard and packed as a municipal gravel road and a lighter rear blade can't hardly leave a mark, but I haven't done that yet. I guess I should try a section of my driveway and see what it does.
I try not to pack the crushed rock down too much. After it rains or with melting snow, the rock just goes into the soft clay. I have to keep working it back up. Thanks

We had a rough winter in upstate NY this year with constant freeze/thaw, but not quite enough to melt things fully between storms. We pack it down before plowing and ended up with a giant skating rink. The drive is 1/2 mile and flat so we are good, but friends/family/deliveries are sometimes dicey.

For smaller areas with smaller stone I use the Sthil Kombi with the power broom attachment to make pretty quick work. It does a great job.

The landscape rake can work, but you'll move sod/dirt onto the drive at some point. Gauge wheels and float (chain or EA rake's slot) can help some.

The chain harrow seems to catch every stick/twing/rock when using in a food plot. I wonder if it may consolidate piles where they could be raked??

I also have a rock spreader attachment that came with the house when we moved in that is custom built and it has a "gravel reclaimer" built in. It will grab 2' off the drive and funnel that rock back to the drive assuming it is on the surface and not packed down in. I've never seen anything like it, but it is a simple concept.
Thanks

Home Depot rents them per their website. No idea as to the cost though…..
Thanks for checking. I checked the Home Depot site and the nearest Home Depot store is 42 miles away and they do not rent them. The next nearest might be 120. But I do like the idea of renting the Stihl Powebroom. For about $50 I probably can rent one long enough to do what I need. I will keep looking. Thanks