Getting my L4630 GSTC tractor ready to work

/ Getting my L4630 GSTC tractor ready to work #1  

Krazyone

Tractor
2007 Kubota L4630GSTC
I have a Kubota 2007 L4630 GSTC tractor with a LA853 FEL that I just brought. This is my first real farm tractor. It has 980hours on it and think it was used on a pig farm to move manure. I have 15 acres that is presently a hay field that we are building a house on. It has been a hay field for at least 30 years. Has a wooded area of about 3 acres that I want to remove undergrowth and vines that are over taking the nice mature trees. I got a new land pride RCF2072 to start cutting the fields.

It looks like the tractor was in the sun a lot as paint is a bit faded. Fluids don’t look bad but likely not been changed recently. No hydraulic leaks that I can find. Loader operates well. AC blows cold air but seems a bit weak Airflow wise. It was out in the full sun when I tested it (90F) so might be normal??

my get it ready to work plan
I am going to change hydraulic fluid and filter. Also replace both inner and outer engine air filter. Change Engine oil and filter. Put in new fuel filter. Change front transfer case fluid. And finally the AC paper filter.

My question is what else should I consider doing before starting to learn how to use this tractor and using it?

/ Getting my L4630 GSTC tractor ready to work #2  
I have a Kubota 2007 L4630 GSTC tractor with a LA853 FEL that I just brought. This is my first real farm tractor. It has 980hours on it and think it was used on a pig farm to move manure. I have 15 acres that is presently a hay field that we are building a house on. It has been a hay field for at least 30 years. Has a wooded area of about 3 acres that I want to remove undergrowth and vines that are over taking the nice mature trees. I got a new land pride RCF2072 to start cutting the fields.

It looks like the tractor was in the sun a lot as paint is a bit faded. Fluids don’t look bad but likely not been changed recently. No hydraulic leaks that I can find. Loader operates well. AC blows cold air but seems a bit weak Airflow wise. It was out in the full sun when I tested it (90F) so might be normal??

my get it ready to work plan
I am going to change hydraulic fluid and filter. Also replace both inner and outer engine air filter. Change Engine oil and filter. Put in new fuel filter. Change front transfer case fluid. And finally the AC paper filter.

My question is what else should I consider doing before starting to learn how to use this tractor and using it?

I believe you have the main things covered. I would just ad to grease all grease nipples, lubricate linkages and check torque on wheel lugs and front end loader bolts.

/ Getting my L4630 GSTC tractor ready to work #3  
I'd say lookin good. You should get on it and start playing with all the various features and controls. The sooner you are familiar and up to speed the better. Just comes with time and using it. With the house yet to be built there will be umpteen uses for the tractor even if the house builder is supposed to do everything 100%. Easy start is to try out that new LandPride and cut some grass, use the FEL to move debris out of the way, etc. The woods will be there & I'd call that low priority. You are about to find out that the FEL is the most used and handy thing you ever got hold of on a tractor. Depending on what all is laying around (esp in the woods) you may at some point want a grapple to put on in place of the bucket. I hope the L4630 has a skid-steer compatible quick-attach so you can swap buckets and grapples and who knows what all in the future with ease.
Several curiosities: Is it the 12 speed shuttle type transmission? Do you have at least one "remotye" (hydraulic remote connector set) on the back ? What tires -- industrial or turf or AG tires, etc.
Good luck. Should be a really useful tool for you for many years.

/ Getting my L4630 GSTC tractor ready to work
I'd say lookin good. You should get on it and start playing with all the various features and controls. The sooner you are familiar and up to speed the better. Just comes with time and using it. With the house yet to be built there will be umpteen uses for the tractor even if the house builder is supposed to do everything 100%. Easy start is to try out that new LandPride and cut some grass, use the FEL to move debris out of the way, etc. The woods will be there & I'd call that low priority. You are about to find out that the FEL is the most used and handy thing you ever got hold of on a tractor. Depending on what all is laying around (esp in the woods) you may at some point want a grapple to put on in place of the bucket. I hope the L4630 has a skid-steer compatible quick-attach so you can swap buckets and grapples and who knows what all in the future with ease.
Several curiosities: Is it the 12 speed shuttle type transmission? Do you have at least one "remotye" (hydraulic remote connector set) on the back ? What tires -- industrial or turf or AG tires, etc.
Good luck. Should be a really useful tool for you for many years.
It has the original R4 tires. Yes 12 speed with creeper. No quick attach yet but is in near future as I don’t know what to buy yet. I figure learn from people on this forum and pick up a quick attach that lets me use a wide range of attachments. I definitely want a grapple.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Getting my L4630 GSTC tractor ready to work #5  
Welcome to TBN. Sounds like you are going in the right direction. Good luck with the new tractor !!

gg

/ Getting my L4630 GSTC tractor ready to work #6  
Welcome to TBN and enjoy the ride.

Owners and shop manuals to study and learn the adjustments and service points.

Grill guard improvement especially with grapple saves some future damage.

Tool box/carriers helpful.

I have over 100 acres of mature hardwood. Be careful pulling vines and clearing. Envious of AC or heat but cab tractors are too delicate for my woods.