Getting my YM169D fixed up

/ Getting my YM169D fixed up
Jerrybob. Not trying to take over the thread but here are some photos of a 186d i have had my eyes on a couple years. It is neat because the powershift is on the dash and it has turf tires and a mmm. Any idea on the difference in powershift on the dash and down below.

I thought they were always on the dash. I have looked at a few 186 and 187's and really like the powershift. If i had the $$$ i would even consider adding one to my fleet. :laughing::D:cool::thumbsup:

/ Getting my YM169D fixed up #12  
Hows your 186 doing lately? get any good seat time? I have got a little seat time leveling out some gravel but thats about it.

You mean my 1401d. Just been doing regular maintence and trying to figure out how to set up the woods rm 400 mower. I love it. But I also like the 186d in the photos. Ill end up with it sooner or later. It is just sitting there no battery, not moved in over a year. Heck I like all the small yanmar stuff. Kind of a sickness. Ha Ha.

/ Getting my YM169D fixed up #13  
Interesting......never knew they made a 186D with shift on the dash. My tractor shifter is down below and the powershift is great! I also have the service and parts manuals from Hoye.......no mention on the 186 or 186D of a shifter on the dash??? Personally......I've never seen one on the dash. As for the 186D.....I really like that little tractor.......runs great.....does everything I need it to do. As for seat time.......did some gravel work for a neighbor about two weeks ago and had to take down three trees here on our property. That little tractor performed well in both tasks. I've thought about a backhoe someday......not sure if I'll get there at this point. Hope both of you have many happy tractor days in the future!

/ Getting my YM169D fixed up #15  
Interesting Pete........I've never seen the dash mounted shifter. Do you know if that was an option or year specific? Like I mentioned......my 186D service and parts manuals don't seem to mention the dash mounted shifter. Also......I see you're a Pacific North Westerner.....so am I.....that 4 wheel drive sure comes in handy with the rain and mud. Happy tractoring!

/ Getting my YM169D fixed up #16  
If I recall correctly, the YM186(D) floor shift model was only manufactured from January thru June of 1980. Then Yanmar changed and put the PowerShift lever on the dash.
The same was true for the YM336(D) also. It is the floor shift models that are somewhat rare. The floor shift models were sold until inventory ran out; early to mid 1981 for the 186 and late 1981 for the 336.

/ Getting my YM169D fixed up #17  
Thanks Gary......I did not know that about the different shift models. Being that the floor shift was made for such a short period of time......I wonder why my service and parts manuals do not refer to the dash shift?????? Thanks again for the history information.

/ Getting my YM169D fixed up #18  
I found it weird that the sales picture clearly shows it on the dash as well as the opps manual. But the service man. only shows the one down low. Jerry where in SSW are you located, I am in Elma.

/ Getting my YM169D fixed up #19  
Hope your regulator and alternator wern't fried by the backwards battery. Also make sure you get the leaky rear fixed. You will rust that rim out. When you dismount it make sure you or the shop wash it with soapy water to get the calcium off. Im sure you know this though.

/ Getting my YM169D fixed up #20  
It amazing what you find when you turn the page.......my parts manual does have both shifters (dash and floor) listed with diagrams.....sorry for the error.
Pete.....you're not too far away. I am in South Bend. Spent last Saturday in Elma at the tractor show......was helping a buddy try to sell a 1945 Oliver crawler. I'll contact you via direct email......maybe we could meet someday.