GMC Canyon input requested

/ GMC Canyon input requested #41  
Here is a thread concerning the new ford ranger. Many owners have posted in it, included TC. We get around 25 MPG in town, over the summer months and its 260 HP engine has got lots of zip.. We didn't look at Canyon because it had much less HP and we needed to tow our camper with it. We've been quite happy with the new ranger and have about 10,000 miles on it today.
The V6 Canyon has over 300HP, I'm not sure how that would be less than rangers 260?

I have that same V6 with 248,000 + miles on it and it still starts and runs perfectly and uses no oil, they are an excellent engine...

SR

/ GMC Canyon input requested #42  
I like to poke around on the manufacture websites and see the pricing and what-not. Generally for a similarly equipped Canyon vs 1500 there is approximately a $8K difference minimum. Maybe deals and incentives change that, but sticker to sticker there is a huge jump in pricing. I'm on the GMC site now:

SLT (round numbers)
Canyon: $36K
1500: $44K
HD: $50K

All Terrain (round numbers)
Canyon: $37K
1500: $51K
HD: $58K

/ GMC Canyon input requested #43  
If you don't mind the styling, the Honda Ridgeline is a great truck for people who don't really want a truck. Very car-like in it's dynamics, decent FE, more truck-capable than you might imagine. Worth a look if you haven't yet. I had several before moving into my current F150, and enjoyed them.

/ GMC Canyon input requested #44  
It痴 funny how these mid sized trucks get criticized for being too small and less than full sized. They are the same size as the ?8 full sized trucks.
I don稚 think you can go wrong with any of them, other than the occasional lemon from any brand. Test drive some and get one that feels good and is enjoyable to drive.

Exactly! Getting to the point already that people "need" a Kodiak size. I hate my FS work truck and love parking, driving, towing, and owning my mid-size "toy" truck.

/ GMC Canyon input requested #45  
Exactly! Getting to the point already that people "need" a Kodiak size. I hate my FS work truck and love parking, driving, towing, and owning my mid-size "toy" truck.

A hate a pickup truck anyway. My suburban is so much better for driving around and keeping my tools dry and somewhat secure. Mine is a 2500 because I needed the towing capacity but there’s plenty of smaller SUVs if that’s more suitable.

/ GMC Canyon input requested
Well I drove down to South Charlotte today and drove home the 2020 Canyon SLT that I liked best of those found anywhere in WNC. I sat in it and it fit me like an old comfortable shoe, I liked everything about it. So thanks to everyone for the comments and critiques.

/ GMC Canyon input requested #47  
Well I drove down to South Charlotte today and drove home the 2020 Canyon SLT that I liked best of those found anywhere in WNC. I sat in it and it fit me like an old comfortable shoe, I liked everything about it. So thanks to everyone for the comments and critiques.

That is all that counts. They are a great vehicle. :thumbsup:

/ GMC Canyon input requested #48  

Enjoy!!!:steeringwheel:

/ GMC Canyon input requested #49  

The Canyon and Ranger were my top pics last year when I was looking. I went with the Ranger because the 2019 Lariat had more safety features, better gas millage and Ford had better incentives that month. I could have been happy with either. Enjoy your new pickup!

/ GMC Canyon input requested #50  
My last mpg check on the 2019 Ranger was 19.5 average which includes some city driving but mostly a 26 mile daily commute which is 95% highway miles. Its been over 4 months since I drove the Canyon but the same daily work commute with some city driving the Canyon would yield between 20.5 and 21 mpg. Its not a huge difference and I would not let those numbers be my deciding factor on a purchase.

The Ranger's ecoboost has more "low end grunt" as the 3.6 in the Canyon gets more of its power at higher rpm. But it is a very smooth running V6 with adequate power. I like the ecoobost when passing a vehicle as the turbo gives a very pleasant push at lower rpm. Again, the Canyon responds well but uses the higher rpm and a down shift for the same passing maneuver. I just keep coming back to the low speed "roaring" that the Ranger has when you take off in low gear. I've compared it to the sound of air boat. Now, more so when the engine is cold. Ford assures me that this is normal so I am living with it.

So I like the Ranger and I am glad that Ford brought it back. And overall I would say I am satisfied with it. But, having gone from the V6 in the Canyon to the Ecoboost I would prefer the Canyon engine. Just my opinion. I personally prefer the appearance of the Ranger over the Canyon which is probably what pushed me to the Ranger. Of course the huge rebate helped as well.