Go to work and find someone trespassed on property.

/ Go to work and find someone trespassed on property. #81  
I feel fortunate. I have had a couple time where someone has dumped furniture on the side of the road that borders my property. A call to the county and they come clean it up.

Once I caught a concrete truck beginning to clean out by the side of the road on my property. I read him the riot act and made them come out and clean it up. The driver didn't seem to comprehend that the days of just dumping anywhere you want are over. I told him to go clean out on the property that he just unloaded on.

Doug in SW IA

/ Go to work and find someone trespassed on property. #82  
A family downstate owned several thousand acres of land. They finally had to gate their roads because people were leaving dumptruck loads of demolition debris as well as emptying tanker trucks full of waste oil on their land.

/ Go to work and find someone trespassed on property. #83  
I once had trespassers that would park and fish on my posted land.
They stopped after they had flat tires 3 times in a row!

OK, I was a nice guy as I only deflated one tire via the valve as I'm am not the destructive type.
They got the hint!

/ Go to work and find someone trespassed on property. #84  
Piloon, it only takes one time to let the word out.

/ Go to work and find someone trespassed on property.
We had the Sheriff come by same day, we're trying to get the county to pick up these piles of infested crap. We can't take it to the container site 1/2 from us, that would be a $1000 fine. And the landfill is 30 miles from my house, so 60 miles at 13mpg. I'll let them sit there until spring if I have to.

/ Go to work and find someone trespassed on property. #86  
Had a three time trespasser (written warnings the first two times) loose the cores out of four valve stems, pre cell phone days, miles from any public phones. Long walk...by the time the got out of the woods the one auto parts place in town was closed. They never cut our fence or came back again.

/ Go to work and find someone trespassed on property. #87  
Had a three time trespasser (written warnings the first two times) loose the cores out of four valve stems, pre cell phone days, miles from any public phones. Long walk...by the time the got out of the woods the one auto parts place in town was closed. They never cut our fence or came back again.

You're awful kind. A meaner person would have taken channel lock pliers and popped out the valve stems!

/ Go to work and find someone trespassed on property. #89  
You're awful kind. A meaner person would have taken channel lock pliers and popped out the valve stems!
Bolt cutters work too.

/ Go to work and find someone trespassed on property. #90  
My property is adjacent to a Corp of Engineers lake. Out walking one morning and from a distance, noticed suspicious activity.

When I got there, the truck had left...and there was a new pile of trash. I saw where they went and actually found the truck parked at a house in the local town.

Googled and found the CoE Lake Supervisor, who I called and gave details, all while continuing on my 3 mile walk.

Instant justice...they had the guy in less than an hour after he dumped it.

The Super emailed me the next day with a "Thanks" and said the individual had confessed and it had come to a successful conclusion.

There's nothing lower than illegal trash dumpers and litter bug scum!

... //TJ

Last edited: