Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look?

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #51  
Oh, and if the stbxw reads tractor forums, might want to give her a second chance:ROFLMAO:

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #52  
Oh, and if the stbxw reads tractor forums, might want to give her a second chance:ROFLMAO:

STBX anything and their lawyers read any and all online stuff available to get ammo for the legal process. The first thing any good divorce lawyer will tell you is —- stay off social media!

MoKelly

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #53  
Hey All,

While I post under a different username around here from time to time. I don't want to use that username as my STBXW knows it and I don't want her seeing it immediately.

I am originally from the foothills of the Ozark mountains, where I graduated high school with less than 100 people in my class. Since graduating from college and during some of my advanced degrees I have lived in major cities all the way to having a home in New York City and both costs. I have spent the last few years primarily on the west coast though, and hate it here, especially with all of the liberal idiots that are moving too close to me.

Ok so here are the details.

Absolute #1 is must have high speed internet access that isn't wireless, and I greatly prefer two providers that aren't wireless. I work in the technology industry and this can't be negotiated.

1. Mostly warm climate is required, other than Montana or Wyoming(which would take something very special and very large).
2. Within 30-45 minutes of a mid-sized corporate jet terminal and <90 minutes from a top 25 airport for commercial flights with a decent international presence.
3. Good education system without the need for private schools.
4. Good location for horses, I have show horses, would like to have more of a garden etc. Right now I have 1ac less than a couple of miles to a newish NFL stadium, I have horses and a garden right now in a large city lol.
5. A good area for business, no tax hell hole such as California, New York, etc.
6. A good employee talent base available.

These are some greatly desired things.

1. Either on a coast, GoM or within an hour or two of, perfect world would be something on a freshwater river within a 30-45 minute boat ride to the GoM in a decent area.
2. Reasonably close to at least some culture that isn't a Disney(I don't consider Orlando culture lol).
3. Would like to spend 400k-750k.
4. I would take a small house/lot on a canal with a horse property close, but haven't found that yet.

I have been looking through the listings in the south fairly extensively. For an ideal spot I would spend more but don't want to. Oklahoma and Texas are for the most part out, as is anything north of southern Arkansas. I had found a totally ideal pair of properties and the agent was a twerp so I passed, she didn't think I would walk but now that I have she has called me back almost daily.

If you have something feel free to PM me. If you have suggestions please post here.
I have a suggestion: try not to be such an a-hole. Could be that maybe
Hey All,

While I post under a different username around here from time to time. I don't want to use that username as my STBXW knows it and I don't want her seeing it immediately.

I am originally from the foothills of the Ozark mountains, where I graduated high school with less than 100 people in my class. Since graduating from college and during some of my advanced degrees I have lived in major cities all the way to having a home in New York City and both costs. I have spent the last few years primarily on the west coast though, and hate it here, especially with all of the liberal idiots that are moving too close to me.

Absolute #1 is must have high speed internet access that isn't wireless, and I greatly prefer two providers that aren't wireless. I work in the technology industry and this can't be negotiated.

1. Mostly warm climate is required, other than Montana or Wyoming(which would take something very special and very large).
2. Within 30-45 minutes of a mid-sized corporate jet terminal and <90 minutes from a top 25 airport for commercial flights with a decent international presence.
4. Good location for horses, I have show horses, would like to have more of a garden etc. Right now I have 1ac less than a couple of miles to a newish NFL stadium, I have horses and a garden right now in a large city lol.
5. A good area for business, no tax hell hole such as California, New York, etc.

1. Either on a coast, GoM or within an hour or two of, perfect world would be something on a freshwater river within a 30-45 minute boat ride to the GoM in a decent area.
2. Reasonably close to at least some culture that isn't a Disney(I don't consider Orlando culture lol).
4. I would take a small house/lot on a canal with a horse property close, but haven't found that yet.

I have been looking through the listings in the south fairly extensively. For an ideal spot I would spend more but don't want to. Oklahoma and Texas are for the most part out, as is anything north of southern Arkansas. I had found a totally ideal pair of properties and the agent was a twerp so I passed, she didn't think I would walk but now that I have she has called me back almost daily.

If you have something feel free to PM me. If you have suggestions please post here.

Hey All,

If your post was an attempt at humor it didn't work. In any case I sure am glad you won't be locating in my neck of the woods.
Eric

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look?
Got enough money stashed to buy her out also? (just kidding!) I sold a great place in Switzerland, Fl because of neighbors that a pain. Six months later, they sold out because they couldn't get along with any of the other neighbors. Wish I could of held out just a little longer!
David from jax

Actually I do, but I won't do it just on a principal type of thing. I walked a deal once that would have made me more than a few years salary for most due to principal of the matter.

Yes my attorney is saying stay off of it but unfortunately can not with my main ID.

The guy posting about Alpharetta yes, it has blown up, I used to live next door to Echelon(Was Georgia Tech's course at the time lol), internet connectivity at our horse farm there is still spotty, otherwise I would just move to it.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #55  
Just FYI....I just checked and SC is full. No availability. And besides, canre has to be taken is SCas we show up quite a lot on those scourned spouse and lover murder shows. Considering your situation I wouldn't push my luck.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #56  
I did not (could not) read the whole thread.

From the little I did read, you might be smart but lack common sense. Walking away from two perfect properties because the agent was a twerp is where you proved you have no common sense. Call the agent back, apologize and get it done. You will never see the agent after the deal closes.

I live in a rural area and some folks do not fit in. Big city "attitude" does not mesh. You may have been raised rural but you are not acting like it.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look?
I did not (could not) read the whole thread.

From the little I did read, you might be smart but lack common sense. Walking away from two perfect properties because the agent was a twerp is where you proved you have no common sense. Call the agent back, apologize and get it done. You will never see the agent after the deal closes.

I live in a rural area and some folks do not fit in. Big city "attitude" does not mesh. You may have been raised rural but you are not acting like it.

I will not do any business with anyone that won't be honest about a transaction.

I am from more rural than you I would imagine. I am just ready to move back.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #58  

^^^ This is very true for my little area in Missouri.

There is a difference in attitudes, helpfulness, friendliness and pace.

It is an important consideration.

MoKelly

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #59  
From a different angle, I would say that the internet is often not as large and anonymous as we think it is. If we look at the number of recent contributors on TBN, that's a pretty small subset. Combine that with the information already shared on this thread, and I'd say the STBXW would have no trouble identifying the OP, if she happened to stumble onto this thread.

I don't know if that really matters, but it mattered enough to create an alias. Just a thought. Good luck with your search.