Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #102,891  
Morning all;
Just sitting here on a Sunday morning thinking about getting going.
Should go get the chains on the backup tractor (IH574) in case I want it on the generator.
Weather forecasts are all over the place ranging from 3 to 6 inches up to 12 to 21 inches,
looks likely to be 8-12 inches.
Hope all stay safe in the storms across the country.

/ Good morning!!!! #102,892  
Good morning! 44 now, supposed to get to 54 later today. Rain has ended. Woke me up during the night it was coming down so hard.

Supposed to be about 39 tomorrow for start of deer season. Hopefully I am successful in the morning.....I have an appointment at 12:30 then rush home and wait for the Internet service guy again.....:eek: I have has this service for 18 months, conservatively, the service has had 45 days downtime in 18 months, most likely more. That is just poor. Need to get serious about finding an alternative, not many options in the hills where I live.

Welcome to the new participants!

Actually made progress yesterday on the 1952 BSA that I have been working on F O R E V E R! Fuel tank is now ready for step 2 of the sealing process, seat is mounted. After I get my hunting gear ready, think I will finally mount the magdyno. The rebuilder used some locating dowels that are too long. I know how to make the shorter.

Everyone have a safe and good day.

/ Good morning!!!! #102,893  
23 cloudy looks like snow/rain will be starting afternoon
Ramman in central Ct south of Hartford
RNG nice looking van nice project.
My son purchased his first house over the summer and I don't think he even has a shovel, watching the weather decided I better bring him is Christmas present an EGO snowblower he likes the battery operated tools.
Roy have a safe trip not the best traveling weather for you

/ Good morning!!!! #102,894  
Nice seeing new folks here this morning...Mancelona, Imold, and Ramman, hello!

41 and raining, going to 48.

Kyle, nice looking Bronco at your friends...and a second plane behind it.

Roy, good luck with your coming week and travel.

Rich, good luck with deer season.

RNG, looking forward to van's 4th birthday party in April!

Thomas, get a nap! You're making the rest of us look old.

My son was helping me with firewood yesterday. One of my pallets just would not slide onto the carry-all (still need to get real forks for the FEL). So we unloaded half of it (wet oak) by stacking into the FEL bucket. The last placement of a split caused a front tire to go flat. Dumped the bucket of wood, used the FEL to jack up the front, took the wheel off, and checked for a leak...no leak, realized it was because of so much weight on a tire that I hadn't checked pressure in over a year. Inflated all the way and remounted onto the tractor. Inflated other tire, then brought another pallet over the restack splits...so that wood has already been stacked 3 times...another lesson learned. Used up all the time we had allotted for chainsaw work. But did move a couple of pallets, and load up the side porch before the rain hit.

/ Good morning!!!! #102,895  
The Piper Cub J3-65 photo brought back many memories for me as it was my first aircraft.
LOL, slow but what fun and did I learn a lot as my instructor was a bush pilot.
Heck back then I even had a gov't subsidy to cover expenses as they wanted to build up a bank of pilots for reserves.
Since I trained on my own A/C the subsidy was only $400 but every bit helped.
That started me off into an aviation career that led to being an FBO and finally a Cessna dealership with an avionics facility.
Great times.

Sounds like you have a great career. Wng noticed it, but he also has a Super Cub project just past the Bronco picture. He is trading his '59 Tri Pacer for restoration work on the Super Cub. I've flown in all 3. I like the Super Cub the best. My buddy's dad left him these. He also had a Seneca with STOL kit, 421C, and a turbo commander. My new neighbor has a 414 Chancellor. I love aviation, but out of my price range and needs.

Good morning! 44 now, supposed to get to 54 later today. Rain has ended. Woke me up during the night it was coming down so hard.

Supposed to be about 39 tomorrow for start of deer season. Hopefully I am successful in the morning.....I have an appointment at 12:30 then rush home and wait for the Internet service guy again.....:eek: I have has this service for 18 months, conservatively, the service has had 45 days downtime in 18 months, most likely more. That is just poor. Need to get serious about finding an alternative, not many options in the hills where I live.

Welcome to the new participants!

Actually made progress yesterday on the 1952 BSA that I have been working on F O R E V E R! Fuel tank is now ready for step 2 of the sealing process, seat is mounted. After I get my hunting gear ready, think I will finally mount the magdyno. The rebuilder used some locating dowels that are too long. I know how to make the shorter.

Everyone have a safe and good day.

Which sealant are you using for the tank?

My pastor's Moto Guzzi, which has over 125,000 miles without cracking a gasket, now has a bad tranny gear. He's down about it because the repair is more than the bike's worth....and he just put new rubber on the rear. :(

Nice seeing new folks here this morning...Mancelona, Imold, and Ramman, hello!

41 and raining, going to 48.

Kyle, nice looking Bronco at your friends...and a second plane behind it.

Roy, good luck with your coming week and travel.

Rich, good luck with deer season.

RNG, looking forward to van's 4th birthday party in April!

Thomas, get a nap! You're making the rest of us look old.

My son was helping me with firewood yesterday. One of my pallets just would not slide onto the carry-all (still need to get real forks for the FEL). So we unloaded half of it (wet oak) by stacking into the FEL bucket. The last placement of a split caused a front tire to go flat. Dumped the bucket of wood, used the FEL to jack up the front, took the wheel off, and checked for a leak...no leak, realized it was because of so much weight on a tire that I hadn't checked pressure in over a year. Inflated all the way and remounted onto the tractor. Inflated other tire, then brought another pallet over the restack splits...so that wood has already been stacked 3 times...another lesson learned. Used up all the time we had allotted for chainsaw work. But did move a couple of pallets, and load up the side porch before the rain hit.

I've rolled the front tire off of the bead before, with it being low on pressure, using MFWD and a full bucket load of wet clay. The 4WD is what spun the rim loose from the bead...learned my lesson.....keep front tires at least 20 psi.

RNG, thanks for the photos of the van. It also shows the slope of your hillside. Wow! Does not look fun to mow.

What a difference a day makes. 85F yesterday, 50F this morning, going to 37F tonight.

/ Good morning!!!! #102,896  
Good Morning Everyone!!!! A hazy, sunny 11ºF for today's low temp; a hazy sunny 19ºF presently with dropping cloud deck and increasing cloudiness; and I anticipate a snowy afternoon with temperatures in the mid to high 20ºF's.

Ramman- My area in western MA has been consistently in the MA snow sweetspot for the past week on almost all the different weather models' runs, but I am not liking some current trends with mid level warmth. I think 14" is achievable here. I am as ready as I can be at this point.

Bruce- My Ford 1100 was 4WD. I am hoping the tires make it too. The sidewall splitting was there before the cold weather. Now with cold temps setting in the splitting has worsened. I have inner-tubes in all 4 tires.

Kyle- I am fond of mutton too; look out Eric;) Nice toys:cool: Thanks for sharing.

Jim- Welcome to GM. Thanks for the snow pictures. Hopefully I値l post some latger.

Mancelona- Welcome to GM.

RNG- Thanks for sharing your Vanagons' pictures and the numerous projects rebuilding them. :cool:

I hope that everyone has a decent Sunday.

My + thoughts and prayers.

Attachments

• StormTotalSnowWeb-2.png
    StormTotalSnowWeb-2.png
    205.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Plotter-1.php.png
    Plotter-1.php.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 45
   / Good morning!!!! #102,897  
Kyle,

I am using KBS coating which is urethane based, not epoxy based. The urethane goes on thin and is supposed to flex, unlike the epoxy coatings which are thick and rigid. I tried KBS on a used fiberglass tank and it has worked very well. Used fiberglass is hard to get a coating to adhere.

/ Good morning!!!! #102,898  

You're not the only one wrestling with firewood, Wng. When I brought a pallet load of wood up to the garage last week, it was so heavy I couldn't get the forks to curl up on the FEL. The driveway is steep, and I was afraid the wood would try to slide back at me when I went up the hill, so I let the forks curl down a bit. But when I got up to the garage, I couldn't curl them back up, and as I brought down the pallet, half the wood on the front row of splits dumped off. :censored: Leveled up the forks again, restacked the wood, and as I inched it up to where I wanted it, that same stack of splits dumped off again.:censored::banghead: I should have put a couple of wraps of plastic around it before I tried to move it, but I was trying to save time because it was about to start raining...:confused2:

/ Good morning!!!! #102,899  
My pastor's Moto Guzzi, which has over 125,000 miles without cracking a gasket, now has a bad tranny gear. He's down about it because the repair is more than the bike's worth....and he just put new rubber on the rear. :(

I've rolled the front tire off of the bead before, with it being low on pressure, using MFWD and a full bucket load of wet clay. The 4WD is what spun the rim loose from the bead...learned my lesson.....keep front tires at least 20 psi.

RNG, thanks for the photos of the van. It also shows the slope of your hillside. Wow! Does not look fun to mow.

What would would your pastor replace the Moto Guzzi with, Kyle, and what would it cost? All of my airheads have more money in them than they are "worth" if I was to sell them, but it would cost far more to get a more modern bike that had the same capabilities, and that I would enjoy as much.

When I brought that pallet up to the concrete, I took the tractor out of 4WD to avoid scrubbing the tires. When I started up the hill, the tractor wouldn't go and I got that sinking Oh What The Heck Now feeling. Turned out the rear tires were just barely on the ground and were spinning. Put it back into 4WD and up she went. Earlier this past fall I was moving something heavy and didn't notice that one of the tires had a flat before the bead broke loose. Shot the tire full of tire sealant, then had to use starting fluid to get the bead to seat. Man, I don't like doin' that. Then had to keep spinnin' the tire to get the sealant to plug the hole. A little five minute job ended up takin' an hour and a half.:pullinghair:

Yeah, that darn hill is steep. It's even steeper on the downhill side of the house. I'm still searching for a track steer...

/ Good morning!!!! #102,900  
rain coming down pretty hard, that means lot of snow, few of you sound like you are champing at the bit,
welcome to new GM members, buckle up, this one goes fast... :rolleyes:

finished the tree, now into some serious energy conservation. All Led lights, 250 feet.
Seemed like a lot to me but turned out not to be.
Christmas cactus blooming to announce the season.

Attachments

• IMG_2054.JPG
    IMG_2054.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2056.JPG
    IMG_2056.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 75