Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #109,041  
Drinking first cup of coffee. 33° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 53° with some clearing in afternoon. Never made it to barn yesterday. Found projects in house that kept close to phone. Not sure people are calling for support or checking on me. Either way very comforting to get the calls. Snow blower, mower can wait. Grass is not growing yet. No plans for today.
BIL is still in hospital. My sister was able to talk to him yesterday for more than a couple of minutes without him so bad he could not talk anymore. They are treating him for Covid-19. But do not have test results back yet.
I am worried about my son who is still working. He has 4 employees in a locked down building. One of them does not want to follow rules and is trying to convince others that they do not need to follow them either. HR told son to fire the employee at first sign of rule breaking. My concern is if he wants to break rules a work what does he do after work. That may all end today. There are rumors about a positive test at one of the companies other plants.

Great sunup, sundown pictures.

Kyle, If I got my hands on that Vette it would be wore out before it got to Giddings. Maybe we could repair it at your place. :thumbsup:

Drew, good news on test. Hope you can get into PA. I looked at your CV map. Data for my area is a couple of days late. Looked at JH map. Pretty much up to date for my area. Noticed it had no data for Canada. :confused3:

Wngsprd, gas is at $1.299 and diesel is stuck at $2.599 Not sure why diesel is stuck at its current price.

RNG, does not sound good for those that lost everything in the fire. :thumbdown:

Roy, stay protected and healthy.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #109,042  
Good morning, bit cooler this morning. Rained last night.

L4N....I always live in the same place, traffic is normally not very heavy! Now it is almost non-existent

Place I work furloughed over 55% of the workforce yesterday. Business has ground to a halt. I expect more furloughs to come. I wasn稚 affected. Still need to support what is running and it is surprising the calls coming in.

What I don稚 need is a co-worker that went out of his way to contradict instructions given to a dealer technician. Which is how my day started yesterday and continued right up to lunch. Didn稚 help the contradictory instructions were just plain wrong. My temper still works from home. Both the co-worker and boss avoided me the rest of the day, and were calling other people to ask if they thought I was mad at them. I was certain there was no need to read between the lines of the final email I sent.

The cats are slowly warming up to me working at home. They are taking turns staying awake and hanging out with me. The Maine Coon is the most entertaining of the 3 when it is his turn. He walks around my chair 鍍alking to me. I swear he thinks I understand him.

Went and got carry out last evening. Excuse for a bike ride and dinner for date night at home.

Everyone stay safe out there!

/ Good morning!!!! #109,043  
35F clear sky low 50's for high sunny day.

Outside chores done E muffin time. :licking:
NH now join others in state shut down it was matter of time.
There are some NY'ers retreating to there second homes in VT&NH that's stirring pot with the locals...could be interesting.
Plans for today...to much snow to do yard work so its putter day and make country dinner for tonight.

Enjoy the day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #109,044  
35F clear sky low 50's for high sunny day.

Outside chores done E muffin time. :licking:
NH now join others in state shut down it was matter of time.
There are some NY'ers retreating to there second homes in VT&NH that's stirring pot with the locals...could be interesting.
Plans for today...to much snow to do yard work so its putter day and make country dinner for tonight.

Enjoy the day all.

It's not just to VT and NH they are also coming up to second homes in rural upstate.
We have a confirmed case in my county from a NYC resident who brought it up to us.
Real nice of them :mad:

/ Good morning!!!! #109,045  
55°F and cloudy this morning, going up to 71° again today. Got up to 74° yesterday. We had some rumblers roll through over night, which woke me briefly a couple of times. The voice on the radio this morning suggested that the potentially severe weather originally forecast for today has now been rescheduled to perform for us tomorrow evening.

We've pretty much wiped out the stock of food The Wife cooked for this week, so she sent me to Burger King to get dinner last night. (sigh) And, they got it wrong, again. No cheese on the Whoppers this time. That's four of the last five meals from three different locations that they've gotten wrong. Maybe they'd do better if they made $15/hr. :rolleyes:

I saw gasoline near us yesterday at $2.16/gal in town. This morning, a sign just off I-70 in north St. Louis was touting it at $1.85/gal. That's pretty consistent with the additional 30¢/gal tax that we are privileged to pay to the great state of Illinois.

Nice sunset pictures, gents. Thanks for sharing.

/ Good morning!!!! #109,046  
mostly, no coffee because they shut down the coffee at work. Normally have 6 types of coffee available. Limiting congregation of peeps.

Ron, gas is cheap. Not premium so much... Only thing it will need is new rear tires. Probably can't find 2021 vette tires here in Giddings. Stop in Dallas and stuff 2 in the compartments/passenger seat. Bucketlist item!!!

It is so warm down here 70F this morning and humid. I need a fan in the house.

My daughter is fixing me a bento box lunch to take to work today.

My wifey tried to get us a "slot" of curbside grocery pickup at Walmart and HEB. Nothing available today. Walmart had a slot available tomorrow, but I'm not going 130 miles round trip for that. HEB has a Tuesday slot. I told the wifey to take it, and add to the list as the weekend progresses.

PJ, glad the chickens are producing.

I was reading up on a 3 point tiller website, and they recommended plowing initially to help the tiller out. I don't have a plow, but I do have my box blade w/scarifers. Will have to suffice if I want to make neighbor a garden.

Maybe the hardest hit Covid areas are starting to taper off on new cases, but I believe the worst is yet to come for the rest of America...unless the heat kills it.

I read yesterday that 167F will kill virus. I need to put my used N95 masks in the oven at 175F for 15 minutes or so. Hopefully the elastic bands will survive.

/ Good morning!!!! #109,047  
Gas down here is still stuck at $1.75-1.85 ish.

My friend says it is the distributors that won't lower the price. Mainly 2 in my hometown, and I'd guess they are in bed with each other right now.

/ Good morning!!!! #109,048  
Good Morning!!!! 38F @ 6:00AM. Partly cloudy. High 64F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph.

Thanks for sharing the sunset photos, folks.

You guys are killin' me with your gas prices. Best I've seen out here is $3.55/gal for Diesel #2; I don't pay much attention to what gas costs, as long as I can buy all I want.

Sounds like you've got a bad kind of job security workin' for you there, Rich. Good luck gettin' it straightened out; maybe time for a visit with upper management?:confused2:

As long as people don't take the pandemic seriously, the virus will continue to spread at the rate of geometric progression. Here in Kalifornia, the experts are predicting that 56% of the people will eventually become infected. With an estimated population of 40 million in 2019, that's 22.4 million people with the flu, 672 thousand of which will die, assuming a 3% mortality rate. I think in another week cheese on the Whoppers will be the least of our worries, Paul.

Read a piece yesterday on decontaminating groceries, suggesting that we let them sit 3 days in the garage so the virus will die on its own. Except they found live virus on one of the Princess cruise liners 17 days after it was evacuated. His plan B was to wash as much as you can in soap and hot water, or sterilize it with alcohol or bleach wipes. Mmmm, mmmm, good!

Got the propane line buried yesterday, but was chased off the tractor by a line of rain clouds that disappeared at sundown. Puttered in the office the rest of the day. More rain forecast for the weekend.

Stroganoff came out good, but the lite sour cream was short on flavor. Next time I'll try the non-fat artificial kind, if I can find it.

Still no name brand hand sanitizer, spray disinfectant, TP, or paper towels available at Amazon, but I did order some Jolly Time popcorn, so it's not quite the end of the world as we know it, yet.

Got an email from Nutstop.com letting me know they're behind on shipping the order I made for lentils and flax meal. No real surprise there, eh?

TGIF gang!:drink:

/ Good morning!!!! #109,049  
I read yesterday that 167F will kill virus. I need to put my used N95 masks in the oven at 175F for 15 minutes or so. Hopefully the elastic bands will survive.

Just put the mask in your car and leave it in the sun with the windows shut.

Good morning! 70˚F cloudy heading to the 80s.
The Ring mounts to turn the camera left and down made the doorbell stick out too much so I am cutting my own to get the right angle (left and down) so I can see the road and the packages on the porch.
Still working on the walkway in the attic but might ave to wait till the cool front comes in tomorrow night.

/ Good morning!!!! #109,050  
52F here going to 66, Sun is out for now. Working from home. CoWorkers friends are in bad shape from Covid-19. Heard from the NJ shore that people have been flocking there to their second homes driving the locals nuts.
Stay safe and send more sunset pics tonight!