Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #124,621  
I should have made an appointment there. HEB here is still not opening up to 1-B. In Houston doctors are being offer $10,000 from patients wanting to be put on top of the list.

Yesterday I went to Horizon Medical Center's website: Horizon Medical Center

And then I clicked on "contact us": Contact Us - Horizon Medical Center

I went down to the place you can enter your name, phone number, email address and what you want to ask, which of course was when could we get the vaccine. And this morning a lady called and said for us to be there at 1 p.m. today. It was an interesting experience. I was told that today was their first day and I can believe that. The lady who called told me about a back door that was where we should go.

As I tend to do, I got there early and found that door locked, but a sign on the door indicating I was in the right place. Now a couple of other people also came to the same door, and then a lady inside came to the door and hollered that we had to wait until 1 p.m. Since we were getting a drizzle of rain, we went back the car to wait, then back to the door and at exactly 1 p.m. a lady opened the door and let ONE person in and locked the door again. After a few minutes she returned, and let Margaret and me in, leaving several outside.

A young lady took our ID and insurance cards to make copies, tried to take out temperature, but her instrument didn't work, so they passed on that. Then she gave us clipboards with 3 pages of information, and two pages of very short questions. They had folding chairs spaced out down the hall, so I filled out their little questionnaires and they returned our ID cards and put the copies they'd made on the clipboards and took them somewhere.

Then a nurse (at least I think she was a nurse) took us, one at a time into another big room with one of the chairs with built in armrests, asked me which arm I wanted it in, and gave me a vaccination. Later my wife mentioned it seeming like a small amount of vaccine and small needle; something I'd also noticed. And then she had each of us return to our seats in the hall for 15 minutes before leaving. Some of the paperwork they gave us mentioned the possibility of a reaction and told about all the preparations to handle such, if it happened, which of course it did not. We got the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine.

And they're supposed to call when it's time for the second injection.

/ Good morning!!!! #124,622  
Bird did you get your vaccine today? You may be the first on TBN in the second wave of vaccines. Let us know how the vaccine makes you feel. Did you get the Pfizer or the Moderna?

Edit: both posting at the same time. Thanks for the info. Are you getting side effects, glad you both did not get a adverse reaction.

/ Good morning!!!! #124,623  
Frustrating computer day, only got 1 dvd to convert to mp4, it keeps going to the end, closing, but leaving a corrupt file. I updated the software, same results. This is on DVD that worked already, but had no sound. I can play the DVDs fine.

Now have almost all my pictures from the 1980s properly labeled.

Cleaned out pellet stove for 1st time this season.

Ordered new Dell laptop from Costco.

/ Good morning!!!! #124,624  
I called my primary doc's office. They had no idea of when vaccine was available or how it would be handled.
Called county hospital, got exact same message, we know nothing.
They should know something....
All primary doc had to say was it won't be here.
Ok...that leaves the hospital and CVS.

/ Good morning!!!! #124,625  
I got mine last night. As a first responder we were notified yesterday morning of time and place. Short form to fill out, 1 page of questions. Drive up, never had to get out of vehicle. Got the Moderna version. Gave me a card to carry and info on the shot. Went over to a parking area to wait for 15 minutes to make sure of no adverse reaction, and done. All in all it took about an hour.

/ Good morning!!!! #124,626  
   / Good morning!!!! #124,627  
Bird,
My brother was able to get through to Denton County Public Health (after calling 108 times) to pre-register. He is scheduled to get his vaccine Monday.

/ Good morning!!!! #124,628  
My daughter got the Moderna, had some swelling and soreness and the following day at work, (ER Nurse) she broke out with hives. They thought that she might already have COVID, and sent her for a test, which fortunately was negative. Good news is that the hives cleared up and she seems fine.

/ Good morning!!!! #124,629  
Found a new dvd converter tool that someone recommended, and it’s working perfect.

/ Good morning!!!! #124,630  
Good evening all. 43F for the start, rain, brisk wind, .2 inch in rain gauge. Windy today, periods of rain, and high temp of 58F at midnight, and low temp of 37 at midnight. Started fire in insert this morning. Fed insert, vacuumed truck and put in weathertech floormat, and napped in afternoon, otherwise conserved energy. Getting used to new NWS radar page, animation of radar slower than molasses in winter :) No snow in forecast, almost 2 in tomorrow forecast.
Covid update: Cooke 2018 confirmed cases, 165 active cases, Montague 1157 confirmed cases, 47 active cases, Grayson 6544 confirmed cases, 308 active cases, local 17 active cases.
David interesting how the different dogs have different routines. glad maintenance task went well. Replacing hammers sounds like a lot of work.
Drew hope you can score some good apples
Roy hope you can score the front mount blower.
Eric you really don't get much more cold weather than we do in Texas, do you. Good to hear new Vaccine is coming put
Ron hope Dr appt goes well. nice red head :)
Roy Thanks for the link expected more French in the dialogue.
Billy bet cherry wood smelled good :)
Paul that is a big dog to have on your chest. Speaker looks great.
Bill thanks for the snow removal details. enjoy the conserving
RNG means not a through hardening job. Once you break through the hard surface, you have to watch out for the tool sucking into the work piece, which will happen all at once :( Hope town trip and blood work are good.
Thomas enjoy your puttering.
Rich love to heat the progress, understand about crowds.
Don can you handle letting the evil cedars slide for a few days?
Rich let us know if it is good.
Dennis sorry to hear about sound hop you work it out, How long to do a video?
Drew no N2 will not stop air pressure issues, truck had N2 from factory, have to go to dealer to air up tires. first year had to air up tires twice. Suv once in 1 year and no N2. You should have a display some where that will tell you individual tire pressure.
PJ your right always time for chili. Figure you had heard the talk about STC activities. hope snow/ice doesn't hurt your commute too much
Drew I would guess the set points are where you want the low pressure to go off. I leave mine at factory setting and monitor the tire pressure page as desired.
Bird, Don thanks for the vaccine site, on medical practice is listed for Cooke Co. and they are out.
Randy cute pic of Gracie
PJ glad you got out early!!
Ron never used it, I just use hand shears (Weiss)
RS not to mention the bathroom work, have fun. nice links
Bird thanks for the update, glad no side effects.
Dennis hope new laptop helps on MP4 creation.
Don glad your brother got registered.
Dennis good news on MP4 converter.