Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #12,511  
Got pretty chilly overnight, down to 81 at 5:30 this morning! 85 now with a heat index of 93, chance of T-storms today.

Better break out the jacket with those night temps, toppop! :laughing:

/ Good morning!!!! #12,512  
Great ideas but diabetes doctor says no bananas and sports drinks drive my sugar levels up thanks for suggestions. Over past three years have had two ambulance rides and been admitted to hospital twice with blood pressure of 60 over 40 and dehydrated this time only dehydrated

If you are getting enough exercise, a banana should not run the glucose up much, at all, but you are the one checking your levels, so that is what you need to go by.

Do they still make those electrolyte pills that we called "salt pills" years ago? I remember the football players in school used to take them, when doing two-a-days in the Texas heat.

/ Good morning!!!! #12,513  
20:00. Short day at work. I'm already home, had a small nap and supper. Rain on and off all day. Not sure if I have posted a picture of one of the mature Marconi's so here is one Margie picked this afternoon. Maybe we will have stuffed peppers for supper tomorrow night.

004.jpg006.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #12,514  
Seriously, I eat bananas with little effect on glucose level. They do make very low carb sports drinks now, I use those also.

Runs up potassium levels up to high in my case

/ Good morning!!!! #12,515  
If you are getting enough exercise, a banana should not run the glucose up much, at all, but you are the one checking your levels, so that is what you need to go by.

Do they still make those electrolyte pills that we called "salt pills" years ago? I remember the football players in school used to take them, when doing two-a-days in the Texas heat.

Do take these up to one every hour during heat of day, product we put down 325 degrees plus and temperatures in the 90s with high humidity get me in trouble some times. Try to get as much exercise as possible but some nights work late so eat to late spikes sugar levels

/ Good morning!!!! #12,516  
Buppies, check out the electrolyte packets, most don't have sugar and many don't have artificial sweeteners either. Cramps after overnight re-hydration usually point to low electrolytes.

Will look into this product thanks

/ Good morning!!!! #12,517  
Good Morning! 75˚ heading to the high 90˚s a few high clouds. Started watering the garden daily again.

Yesterday's project was a exploratory dig on cabin #2's septic line. There was a green spot right where the solid 4" line connect to the 8"perforated line and I had to see if they had separated. My wife warned me not to use the back hoe because of an incident years ago that left us without water one night.

After hand digging 2' down in the green area I found the 8" line but not the 4" line. I got out the tractor/backhoe drove through the garden and started digging carefully on both sides of the septic line and then hand digging on top of the line.

I was digging with the tractor when things went into slow motion - My wife came out and at the same time she gave me that disapproving look she noticed I had left the garden gate open and three cows were just making their way in - I came came up on the scoop with a section of septic line and screamed like a girl - I quickly glanced toward my wife hoping she did not hear me over the diesel motor - oh no - it got her attention and I really got the "I TOLD YOU SO" look. Arrrgggg.

A trip to town and everything was replaced and back together by 5 PM. It turned out nothing was wrong with the septic line, well, till I stabbed it with the backhoe, it was just not used enough for the water to make it more than 5' from the solid connection. Sometimes I think I invent daily projects.

I think I heard that "I told you so" from clear across the county. sorry you went through so much of a circus to find out nothing was wrong in the first place....another train of thought from the guy who put in my septic and waterlines, he says, if you're paying to have a backhoe out to search, just dig away and bust whatever pipe is in the ground and replace it all as quickly as you can when you find the leak. His thinking is backhoe time is way more expensive than pvc. Unless you get over 2" diameter...then it's pricey. Or if you are fortunate enough to have your own backhoe like Don does. :)

/ Good morning!!!! #12,518  
Oooooohh. That sounds cool. What are they shooting there? Guns or bombs?

Well, not the really, really exciting stuff, but we had some terrific briefings as to nuts and bolts of the operation., Saw some Marines live fire. PTA is a major training installation. Here's some info:
http://www.garrison.hawaii.army.mil/pta/

Here is a link to some pics a member took.
http://checkmygoodies.com/fun/birma_072013_t/

And one of the group

image-871949246.jpg

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #12,519  
Runs up potassium levels up to high in my case

I am no expert, but that sounds more like a kidney issue. Potassium is what you need, when you are sweating, etc. It is one of the lost electrolytes, and will be in most things that are to prevent dehydration. Once kidneys begin to work at less than optimum performance, then they don't always get rid of excesses of potassium. The side effect of that can be serious itching. That is how it was with my grandmother, anyway.

/ Good morning!!!! #12,520  
2013-07-21, 0635

59 and a high of 77 predicted....pretty nice and it looks like the worst of the heat is over for a week or so.

Wife's got kin here (they're staying at a hotel in Lebanon NH), so I took her to visit then returned home to do some stuff. Started mowing and it started to rain (just a relatively brief shower). When I parked the tractor, I noticed the crack on the hood of the 4400 had extended past where I had stop drilled it last year...propagated quite a bit too. I'll stop drill it again today (hopefully, this will stop further propagation for a short time) and determine a course of action. I'm not overly concerned about a "showroom" repair...got to consider what I'm going to do, before it cracks much further.

Last edited: