Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #135,281  
Struck out at the baseball game in Nashville, only scattered single seats or sit on the ground.
Drove towards downtown and it was closed off with huge crowds. Tried to get in a couple restaurants near opreyland, long wait. Stopped at a chain restaurant heading towards sons place. Don’t think I’ll see fireworks.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,282  
very nice day today, currently in high 70's with sun going down and cooling off.
Should be a great night for fireworks, not that I can see much here.
Plus with the police station across the road not like my neighbors are going to go
all wild and crazy.

Brother took me out in his car, what fun, somewhat deafening. No power steering or brakes, I declined to drive it with
my shoulder still weak. I tried to video tape the car to get the exhaust bellow and all I got was something of me saying
Boy That Was Fun! and Sounded Great but no motor noise. We will do this again. I want to take a quick video of him burning out in this car
on the old/new skinny tires while my friend's son uses his drone to record it. He really had this car waxed up nicely but what a beast on the road.
When he floored it in second gear it slithered for a second and then just shoved you backwards with this amazing noise.
But honestly a dual motor Tesla 3 probably accelerates faster.

then had a nice dinner at friend's, declined the pool but enjoyed the lobster I brought and we all tore apart.
Got home and did some plant watering, and now proverbial feet up and going nowhere fast.i

May our country and our freedoms always survive and prosper.
And in celebration of that it's now boom boom boom out there at 8 with the sun just starting to go down.

Attachments

• IMG_0169 (4).JPG
    IMG_0169 (4).JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0167 (4).JPG
    IMG_0167 (4).JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 77
   / Good morning!!!! #135,283  
Seems like a lot of holiday enjoyment 🤙🤙🤙

Flail is ready go back to work. Opted to replace only the missing, broken, or badly worn hammers. Seemed a waste to replace any that appeared to have lots of life left.

Sophie mowed with the Craftsman for 1st times since her surgery.

Grilled dogs and burgers hit the spot, but it did seem strange not sharing the holiday except via phone & Facetime.

Finally posted my M1102 military cargo trailer on CL. Once it sells I’ll likely get something more appropriate for the Ridgeline.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #135,284  
72F and "Fair" @ 22:30, headed down to an overnight low of 65F.

Good open window sleeping weather again ... (y)

Beautiful day ... even if it did get a bit warm (87F)

The Woman's hibiscus really seem to be liking it:

IMG_1195 copy.jpg

The white one surprised us ... thought it was going to be a different color.

Finished up bed prep finally and started planting hostas, got about 3/4 of the bed filled. Probably between 50 and 75 in there so far:

IMG_1193 copy.jpg

They're planted pretty close together so it will fill in fast, we can thin them later.

Of course, they needed watered so I was dispatched to go fill up the water buffalo which I did.

While I was waiting for it to fill I glued up the last piece of pvc on the sprinkler set up. Later, after we knocked off, we tested it ... seemed to work okay:

IMG_1194 copy.jpg

Looks like the heads are each hitting a 15' circle so may need to adjust that and dial it back some.

Also filled hopper feeder and both suet feeders out back while I was waiting.

Before The Woman came in she made the first harvest from the garden:

IMG_1198 copy.jpg

Suspect we might do some grilling tomorrow, probably do up the yellow squash along with a zucchini we had to go along with the meat.

After she went in I took the Cub up and retrieved the sparrow trap and three unoccupied nest boxes (No.s 1, 3, and 4) for cleaning.

Bluebirds in Nest Box No. 5 are raising their second brood of the year. I put out some mealworms for them yesterday.

We caught some of the "A Capitol Fourth" on PBS this evening which was enjoyable, I worked on the Chinese takeout from yesterday, still have a little more to go.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a hot one (91F)

Hope everyone had an enjoyable 4th of July ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #135,285  
Drinking first cup of coffee. 64° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 90 with mix of sun and clouds. Had a great day enjoying parade and then picnic with neighbors. Today will be a conserve energy day.
Took this picture just before start of parade. We were the lead vehicle behind flag carriers. Streets were lined with people.
MMxvU3n.jpg

Hope everyone had just as great a day as I had yesterday. My arm is still sore from all the waving.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,286  
good morning all
Ron parade looked like a lot of fun and good turnout.

heat advisory posted again, close to 90 today and humid.
I have foodshopping to do but no other plans today other than finishing the hand rail I've been working on.

coffee is brewing, blue mountain Jamaican

/ Good morning!!!! #135,287  
2021-07-05, 0656

57° right now...pretty overcast too.
Forecast high is in the upper 70's and partly cloudy.

Didn't go to bed too early last night...watched an old British movie "A Night to Remember" about the sinking of the Titanic. Excellent film...much better then newest version with DiCaprio and Winslett. It's a free watch in high definition on YouTube.
Felt really nice not waking up at 0315...

Did some weed trimming late yesterday...lawn needs mowing and that's today's primary chore

/ Good morning!!!! #135,288  
64 going to 90.

Thanks for sharing your great Independence Day pix and stories. We had 2 sons + wives and my MIL here...great brunch, cornhole and birthday celebration for one son that's tomorrow...then I grilled turkey burgers, since they won the vote, and grilled mixed vegetables. We ate our first tomato from the garden, and some jalapenos from the garden.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,289  
Good Morning
61 and going to 85.
A little fog this morning, burning off quickly for a nice day.

Yesterday was partly in the shop, and partly chasing my tail. The airport where we keep the work planes is closing for two weeks while they pave the runway intersection, closing both runways. So we had to move the planes out (or not use them for the next two weeks). My son flew our little plane there to drop me off to start the process, but when he went to start up and leave, the starter contactor stuck on. So it looks like that plane might be stuck there until the airport reopens. I have until midnight tonight to get it fixed and out of there. We’ll see. I’ve got to go to Parkersburg WV this morning, so I have a narrow window to get it sorted out this afternoon.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,290  
The fireworks and noisemakers went on till the early morning hours. People in this apt complex spent some money. Then some of the neighbors stayed up talking loudly outside till at least 4 am. Between that and my wife waking me, got very little sleep.

Nice to read about everyone’s events. Nice parade Ron.
Nice car drew, looks like one a former coworker has.
Fresh stuff from the gardens, wonder how mine is doing?
I will go thru Parkersburg wv tomorrow evening, but 8 hrs of driving to get there, and another hour to dad’s.

Today we will pick up some end tables my son ordered a couple months ago. Not sure what else, they want to go to the hermitage.