Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #137,061  
Mostly, is this you?
IMG_1143.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #137,063  
69F with light rain @ 21:00. High hit 90F here today, HI 98. Cold front coming through now, high tomorrow only supposed to be 79F.

Knocked off around 17:00 with the dirt moving as a thunderstorm was coming in. Did get a little rain with it but barely enough to wet the pavement. Tried to mow down around the house around 18:30 but it started sprinkling again after I had been out there only a few minutes so I called it quits.

Later, after Woman got home, the big line of thunderstorms moved through and we got dumped on. Timberlink station which is a little south of us shows they got 1.43", Portage Lakes station which is a little north recorded 0.89" ... so we're probably somewhere in between those two numbers.

Had to remove a couple of trees that were growing out of the dirt pile:

IMG_1260 copy.jpg

IMG_1264 copy.jpg

Still a lot left to go.

Will probably roll the lawn tomorrow, since it's bound to still be wet. Possibly core it afterwards.

Gonna grab a shower and hit the rack, hopefully get an early start tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #137,064  
Good evening all. 75F for the start, partly cloudy and light breeze. Partly to mostly cloudy, windy, and high temp was 95F HI 101F, and DP 66F. Cleaning lady prep to start, bike ride, then nap, and down to Pilot Point to see Big Boy. It was 2 hours late, got to talk with a guy who had radio to monitor train and tracking website. crowd had thinned a bunch. no cockpit tours :( Took wife straight to dinner after we got back to Kiowa.
Covid update: Cooke 3449 confirmed cases, 128 active cases, Montague 1917 confirmed cases, 38 active cases, Grayson, 12312 confirmed cases, 257 active cases. Cooke 7, Montague 7, Grayson 0, new cases.
Dennis no dog in the field of Dreams game, Cardinal fan. Glad you are still enjoying the corn
David I like your spin of the loss as a strategic win :)
Doug have fun at car club
Ron have fun mowing and glad you didn't have much damage. Lot of rain, nice flower pic
Buppies 105F and no heat index will still wilt most people :(
Thomas what no pics of the hens?
Drew What do you think we are doing in Texas?
Ron I saw a couple faces
Bird I always thought it was the res streaks that gave them their name.
Drew half the fun of watching them is the buzzing of each other.
Billy Have not seen Rick on TX summer thread either, but he was goon a few months earlier this year.
Paul enjoy practice tonight
Ken you realize it takes years for poison ivy to break down. Sorry about your allergic reaction
Ted that is a pile of branches off the tree, glad not more damage to truck.
Randy I read somewhere that the gulf stream stops several times a year.
RNG hope you air quality improves beyond red ball peeking through smoke. Hope you get the extenders running, and sorry to hear about the solar guy dropping the ball and blaming you.
Drew glad mowing done hope you can cool off.
David good to hear you got new belts
Don i suspect the older you are the more the vaccine will help you. It will take some time and honest data to really get a handle on Covid.
RS sounds like some good seat time.
Thomas sorry to hear about knotheads, lot of TLC to mowers.
John fun way to dog sit :)
Dennis glad you got rain, cheesecake sounds very yummy
Dennis no my bars are 6 feet across :)
RS nice rain big trees in your dirt pile!.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter, Bird/aging issues/, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments, PJ/FIL fall and stroke, David(moss)/remodel/divorce,Buppies/new areas,Thomas/gout, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes,Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Do niece/son/Covid, Bill/DIL home care, Ted/knee recovery, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/uncle, Drew/tendon healing, David(sadamo)/Sophie's eye surgery,RNG/fire season, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

Attachments

• 20210813_180436.jpg
    20210813_180436.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 65
  • 20210813_180544.jpg
    20210813_180544.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 64
   / Good morning!!!! #137,065  
The rainy morning proved just right for running errands to town, PO, and dump. Even a treat at Baskin Robbins.

Dried enough to get another couple hours mowing in afternoon.
IMG_2633.JPG

Just my area far right left. Hopefully tomorrow.

I don’t have the green thumb of many here, but we do have a wild flower (orchid) I find delicately pretty. Not the best photo, but
IMG_2635.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #137,066  
2021-08-14, 0350

72° right now...high in the upper 70's today. Rain showers (heard the rain hitting the sunroom skylight windows a few minutes ago).
No chores planned, but if the rain moves out, I do need to finish mowing and string trimming.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,067  
Poured first cup of coffee. 60° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 76° with sunny skies. Dr visit went well. PSA numbers keep going down. Grass is mowed and trimmed. Going to do shop projects today. Nice that it has cooled off.
iLvaEAI.jpg

RNG, hope you get link to last camera working.

David, I do not know which pictures is better. I do like flower pictures.

Mostly, glad you got to see Big Boy.

Don, they do look like cow faces. There is one rabbit to the right.

Fuddy, yes you do need to zoom in to see faces.

LS, rain. (y)

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,068  
Good morning all. Been doing quite a bit of grass and weed cutting with the rotary topper. All 4 blades had dings in their cutting edge, so I took them off and dressed them. Picked the last one up to put on the balancing jig and for some inexplicable reason, tested how hot it had got during grinding by putting my finger on the nicely polished steel. Answer was "very" ! I suppose I should just be glad that while my brain was in stupid mode, it hadn't wondered how sharp the edge was too...

I sure miss the old TBN emoticons
Me too, maybe we are too old to appreciate the subtleties in what younger generations prefer ?

Mostly I'm amazed at the time and caring you take to make your list every day.
From all of us, thank you
(y)

Ken, please, no more talk of bugs so large that you need to slow down and tighten your seat belt - my dreams are too vivid to cope ! :eek: :)

/ Good morning!!!! #137,069  
good morning all
72 out now going up to high 80's with storms this afternoon.
Not going to be good for all those cars at car show today, not sure I'm going.
Will see if coffee motivates me...

Mostly, very cool train pics, what a huge beast and hearing that go by must be amazing.

need to go food shopping early, then might make a run back down town for a few hours at the car show.

hope you all have a great weekend.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,070  
rumblings from Congress about reducing incentives for EV's for wealthy folks, who they define as
annual income over 100k. They also want to only offer the tax credit for cars under 40k new.
Yet most EV's cost more than that.
And in a year I've read that China will be exporting high quality compact EVs that will price undercut the entire
market by $10k. Seems like the new incentive rules may have some unfortunate results unless more tariffs raise their ugly head.

if you've been considering a nice new Tesla, sounds like now's the time to buy one.

David, another great pic of Paradise. When you come up "over the rise" and look down at the ocean going off into the horizon, that field would
never get mowed if I was there, I'd just be staring at that view. But I'll be glad to try.

Ron, resolution on last pic amazing, little bronze neck hairs arranged in pretty pattern, looks like shells lined up

Last edited: