Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #137,041  
well this was easy, now I won't feel bad about feeding them the white stuff which I avoid like the plague.
Audubon Society:

[Please do use refined white sugar! Honey can promote dangerous fungal growth, while organic, natural, and raw sugars contain levels of iron that could be harmful. Plain white table sugar is sucrose, which, when mixed with water, very closely mimics the chemical composition of natural nectar.]

I wonder if I got an eyedropper and put one drop of rum in each feeder.
Might attract a different crowd...:oops:o_O

/ Good morning!!!! #137,042  
74 going to 97 again.

Ron, I definitely see the faces. I think those are milkweed...if so, you'll see monarch butterflies lay their eggs on them. When I bush hog the fields, I always skip the area with the milkweed until they're gone.

Anyone heard from Rick recently? Seems like it's Been A While.

I also can't remember Mike from Northern Virginia saying goodbye several months ago. Sure miss those not here any longer.

Thomas, hope you have a good mast crop for those birds this fall. Otherwise, that's gonna be a lot of feeding.

Eric, I think I almost might have been willing to trade your bees for my weed seeds and dust yesterday...bush hogged during the 97F period for 3+ hours...open cab, no roof. Drank a lot of water and sneezed a lot. Was a bad time to cut, but it was what my schedule provided.

Enjoyed watching The Field of Dreams Game, too...and the couple of pregame shows...really amazing what they've built there...first ever MLB game in Iowa. BEF, I would have agreed the wrong team won, except the winning pitcher is one on my fantasy team.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,043  
Good Morning.
It’s 75 and headed to the upper 90’s with oppressive humidity and clear skies. Chance of afternoon thunderstorms.

With that forecast in mind, I don’t plan on much outside activity today. I’ll be mostly in the shop, the speaker orders are starting to back up again. Probably venture out for lunch, but not much else.

This evening is a band rehearsal, I’ll put some meatballs and sauce in a crockpot and make it a social event. We are all vaccinated, and can maintain safe distances, so I don’t think that it’s an unreasonable risk.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,044  
Lou. how often do you need to fill, that is a chunk of change :(
Usually once a year.
That is for my house heating and hot water year round.
And my yard and driveway tractors.
This year I didn't fill one of my tanks as I want to move it,
so I'll do a top off this fall plus get more #1 for my blend tank.
Maybe 3-400 gallons total.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,046  
Morning all, Sunny , hot, been high 90's all week.
Had an allergic reaction to something, really affecting me bad, so will keep to safer foods today.
Too hot to work outside yesterday.

Lou - 1096 - 1100 gallon tank- or was just that empty?
Alien - glad the eyes are doing well-One of my Dr. lives about 1 mile from me, never seen him outside the office though
Thomas - 39 turkeys- how loud was that? Notice the hens around here are pretty quiet, unlike domestic turkeys who never shut up.
Ron- looks like masked avengers

Father is in town next week, need to get apartment set up for him and gf.

Stay safe and be well

Twins mom is still hanging around, did not see the twins though.
Still need to relocate the chip pile and create the trail btw lower field and road.Takes a while to move 2 six foot by 10 foot piles of chips with my little bucket.
And yes, that vine is poison ivy, but is dead now.

doemom20210812_200126.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #137,047  
daugen said, "I wonder if I got an eyedropper and put one drop of rum in each feeder."

This reminds me of something from many years ago. A cousin of mine, and his wife, had a canary in their home, in a cage of course. So one day he took a little whiskey in an eyedropper and presented it to the canary. The canary eagerly drank it, then fell off it's perch into the bottom of the cage. It eventually was able to fly back to its perch. Now my cousin thought that was so funny that he started doing that nearly every day, and the canary eagerly went for it each time.

And within a month, the canary died.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

/ Good morning!!!! #137,048  
Good morning to all! Low of 56, only going up to 76 today. Another good chance for storms.

Last evening around 19:30 a severe storm moved across, a funnel cloud spotted just to the west of us. The wind and rain hitting the house was coming from all different directions.

Lost power a few times, only briefly, so didn't have to break out the generator.

A tree split in 2, with half of it landing on my son's truck.... a couple of dents in the hood and the cab roof, took out the clearance lights and some fog lights. He had a headache rack, which I believe saved the cab from being crushed. The limb is about 6" in diameter just above the split.

We didn't notice any other damage on a quick walk around, but today we will do a closer inspection around the property. Then, time to break out the chainsaw.....6E275B65-6265-4F1B-9368-76C60660EB12.jpegFE38A1D0-5001-4DC3-ACDC-FDB05836094C.jpeg

The good news is that we got just over 3/4" of rain. Now the weeds are going to come back with a vengeance. That's ok, everything is still green and no blowing dirt! At least the tree limb is laying on the gravel driveway, no mud to deal with.

Well, I am going to get after it....
Everyone have a great day!

Just lost power again..... Internet is down... I'll get this posted when it comes back up....

/ Good morning!!!! #137,049  
89, dew point 77, feels like 103. We need some rain, last weeks 2.75” is pretty much gone.
Carnival trip was not too painful. Good hamburger, they mix sausage in the ground beef, great flavor.

Field of Dreams game was very cool. I agree that the wrong team won. I thought for a while that the ghosts of Yankee Stadium had followed them to Iowa.

They say that within a couple hundred years that the Gulf Stream will shut down due to man made global warming, what caused it to shut down before all the other ice ages? At any rate it will be bad for deep sea fishing out of Hatteras.

Buppies, you take care.
Everyone be careful in the heat and storms.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,050  
Good Morning!!!! 72F @ 7:45AM. Plentiful sunshine. Hot. High 101F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
"Plentiful sunshine" these days translates to "red ball showing through dingy smog like smoke". But at least the heat isn't quite as intense.

Pretty funny story, Bird, thanks for sharing. Good reason not to be drinking whiskey every day.

Hard to believe white sugar is actually good for the hummers, Drew, but both of the books I have on them say it's so. One of those 25# Costco sugar bags lasts a couple of months here. For a while at the height of the CV19 shortages, they weren't available and I had to switch to some 40# bags. They were too heavy and didn't fit into the cupboard very well, and the sugar was clumped inside as if they'd somehow gotten wet. I was happy to see the pink'n'white CH bags come back.

I don't see any faces in those flowers, Ron, but they're the same color as the manzanita blooms that come in the winter here.

In town yesterday I was asked to wear a mask at the allergist's, and about half the people and all of the staff at Costco were wearing theirs. At one point the CDC was telling us that people that have had CV19 could be asymtomatic and spread the disease, then they reversed that position. Are they now saying vaccinated people can be silent spreaders? CV19 case numbers are up slightly here, but it already looks like they are declining again.

Took a rather large box of unused parts back to the plumbing supply place for a refund yesterday, and the clerk that had been helping me came to the door to open it for me. But instead of coming back to the counter, he kept right on going, jumped in a truck, and disappeared. That left a rather inexperienced and not too bright youngster to wade through the half dozen pages of receipts I'd also brought, and to rummage around in the back room looking for the float that the other guy had ordered. He got it done eventually, but it was painfully slow watching him struggle. I sure miss the old TBN emoticons. The one depicting pulling your hair out would be very appropriate here.

Got connectors installed on the Ethernet cable running up to the big water tank yesterday morning, and very briefly got images working from a security camera. That was a 600' run, and used the Ethernet extender I'd had problems with when rigged with 2000' of cable. Hooked in another 100' of cable, and it wouldn't work at 700'. Took out the 100', and it still wouldn't work. Took everything back into the garage, where I put connectors on what remained on the three reels of left over cables. I was surprised to get good camera images with two of the reels hooked together at a little more than 600', without using the range extender. Ethernet is only supposed to work to 100 meters (328'), so today I'll try the run to the big tank without the extender. I'm still going to need some sort or extender for the 1400' run to the mail box, but if the ones I have don't even work at 600', I'll somehow have to convince the company's tech support to issue a refund. So far, all they've done is look for excuses.

Speaking of which, I finally heard back from the solar contractor, who is now trying to blame me for the voltage sags, saying they told me there would be problems if everything was fed off the battery bank. Fortunately I still have copies of all the email that went back and forth, and I was very clear right from the beginning that what ever system they put together would provide uninterrupted power. Pulling all that together will take some time, though, but the way things are looking, I'm going to have to do it anyway for when I file a court suit. Nothing disappoints me more than people that won't admit their shortcomings and don't keep their word.

TGIF gang!🍻