Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #137,791  
Drinking first cup of coffee. 69° with mostly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 83° with partly cloudy skies. Went shopping with sister yesterday. Always a bad day to shop. Made worse by Food Stamp (WIC) update that appears to have gone wrong. Lines at register were 20 people long. Other stores were reporting same problem. Never did get what we wanted at store. Relaxed rest of day on back porch. Need to mow grass today.
Turn the waterfalls on.
HbVJ1WM.jpg

Buppies, I had tomato sandwiches for dinner yesterday.:cool:

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #137,792  
70 high of 93 very humid good rain last night still tired but better

prayers for all all in La and others being affect by IDA

/ Good morning!!!! #137,793  
good morning all. 70 out now, cloudy day, maybe a shower later. Forecast is now 3-5 inches of rain with
much more in spots through Thursday until storm heads out. Just got notice my Rubbermaid garden shed has shipped, sure hope they don't try to deliver it
in a hurricane. Got my 4x4's ready to be cut, hardware should come in today. Yet another item marked "running late" from Amazon.
Sign of the times.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,794  
72 looking for 93.

Roy, great news on Margeaux coming home...looks relaxed.

David, sorry about your Craftsman.

BEF, I admire how much you do for your church. Good to know there's roasted turkey on the mountain as well as "Fire on the Mountain." (Maschall Tucker)

I spent time in the clouds in the mountains yesterday. Nice misty hike to this 85 ft waterfall. Because of drought, stream levels are low...so low they have suspended fishing in the streams due to stress on the trout...but still enough water to give a little show...
20210829_093649.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #137,795  
good morning all. 70 out now, cloudy day, maybe a shower later. Forecast is now 3-5 inches of rain with
much more in spots through Thursday until storm heads out. Just got notice my Rubbermaid garden shed has shipped, sure hope they don't try to deliver it
in a hurricane. Got my 4x4's ready to be cut, hardware should come in today. Yet another item marked "running late" from Amazon.
Sign of the times.
Drew
Sure seems strange that my Prime shipping takes a week now instead of 2 days even when items are in stock. Sometimes it take 3 days before they even ship!

/ Good morning!!!! #137,796  
Drew
Sure seems strange that my Prime shipping takes a week now instead of 2 days even when items are in stock. Sometimes it take 3 days before they even ship!
Carrier named NSD has my shed in Scranton PA as of yesterday.
I wonder when I'll get the call.
Since I put all my purchases on their Prime credit card and pay them off in full every month, I get 5 percent back.
That's more than fifty bucks credit for my garden shed and I just got a 41 dollar order shipped for free as a result.
I would not want to be in warehousing or logistics right now with almost everything backed up in some way. Lot of unhappy customers.

I have to chase down the Honda salesman today. He dodged my call late last week, when he was supposed to have a build date for me, so that says a lot all by itself.
It's been five months since I put in an order.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,797  
once upon a time I had a nice Ferris ZT with full suspension and a 25hp Kawasaki.
Marvelous ride and performance but I could not deal with the sticks. Not just arthritis...have had carpal tunnel
surgery on both wrists and unsuccessful ulnar surgery on one elbow. My left arm simply doesn't work that well and my right arm
is half numb from a squashed ulnar nerve. Too many years leaning on my elbow on a desk I guess. So my hands and arms hurt all the time,
and the best for me so far has been using a spinner knob on a power steering riding mower. That way I can steer with one arm.
The Cub Cadet ZT line with a steering wheel was very interesting to me
but they seemed very commercial and very expensive. My experience with less expensive current model Cub Cadets has not been good, owned an XT2 and its
MTD roots were clear. CC used to make better quality shaft drive garden tractors, but clearly the market and demand has gone to ZTs.

The debate about sealed vs greasable bearings will go on forever, but based on the poor design of my current mower, literally hiding zerks out of sight, I'd rather have had
good quality sealed spindles instead. If those bearings are 2RS, maybe they keep enough grease in there to make this less relevant, but I usually grease the mower deck after every three to five mows, which only take an hour. So say I grease every five operating hours. Am sure I could stretch that to ten for almost all zerks, slow speed of steering gear for example
doesn't displace much grease. In fact some of the zerks probably only need a couple shots once or twice a year. I think it was Exmark, who has a very good commercial reputation, that started with sealed bearings. Larger bearing housing body, holding more grease. I used to do the tractor and implements every ten hours but then I like to grease.
Messy but satisfying.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,798  
Good Morning!!!! 77F @ 4:45AM. Plentiful sunshine. High 101F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.

Misty mountain waterfalls sound pretty good right about now, Billy.

Word this morning is that South Lake Tahoe residents are being roused out of their beds and told to evacuate in advance of a "wind event" today through tomorrow. Apparently the Caldor Fire jumped the last of the firelines between it and the town last night, and there's not much they can do to stop it now.

Yesterday I finally cancelled an Amazon Prime order that they said had shipped more than six weeks ago. Tracking couldn't find it, so they issued refunds for the merchandise. Some, but only a few, Prime shipments are back to two day delivery. Most take the better part of a week. I think the economy is still reeling from CV19, and not enough people returning to the workforce.

Glad somebody out there likes to grease things, Drew. I don't find anything fun about it at all, and if I never had to deal with the mess and inconvenience again, I'd be a happy man. But I'd rather deal with a grease gun than replace bushings and bearings. So grease I do, on the tractor, every 10 hours.

Yesterday it was smoky out, and got hot early, so I got nothing done outside. Then when I sat down at the office desk I noticed that the bottom of my main laptop had bowed out about a quarter inch. Peaked inside with a flashlight and the battery packs had swollen up like balloons. Turns out to be a fairly common problem, and when I checked another older laptop, it was having the same issue. Apple's sending a shipping box and it'll go in for repair this week, hopefully back by next week. Just need to security wipe the drive and get another laptop setup to use while it's gone.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,799  
72 looking for 93.

Roy, great news on Margeaux coming home...looks relaxed.

David, sorry about your Craftsman.

BEF, I admire how much you do for your church. Good to know there's roasted turkey on the mountain as well as "Fire on the Mountain." (Maschall Tucker)

I spent time in the clouds in the mountains yesterday. Nice misty hike to this 85 ft waterfall. Because of drought, stream levels are low...so low they have suspended fishing in the streams due to stress on the trout...but still enough water to give a little show...
View attachment 711607

Fire on the mountain will roast a turkey. Hopefully RNG will be spared fire on his mountain.

Nice diner we (church couples) sometimes eat breakfast at, just across the PA line. Blue Ridge Summit.
AT is close to it, maybe a mile away. There’s a nice overlook in the area called High Rock. Penn Mar park also nice overlook with AT passing thru.

Nice waterfall, might be flowing well in a couple days.

Didn’t get an Amazon package due yesterday.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #137,800  
Morning all, First day for son back to school!
Spent many hours weed wacking yesterday, will need another big battery for the trimmer. While 8AH lasts 1 hour (almost) the 5 AH only lasts 30 min. I need a good solid 2 hours to get any area complete.

Roy - so glad new fur family member is already starting to get comfortable.
RichB1 - happy birthday to your dad!
PopG - if you are in the are drop me an email on my regular account. would be fun to meet up for a drink or a visit to the ever changing woods here.

Worked on the older Sears 46cc chainsaw yesterday-would not start. Time to check spark etc. This is just my backup saw. But at the rate trees are falling here, good to have a backup(even though I have a pole saw too, but it kind of tops out at anything over 12" and many of the ash are 20-30 inch diameter).

BEF- amazing the tech you are using for church- sounds like it really enhances the whole experience-nice
Delays in audio/video encoding are a pain. Hope you have luck getting it all synched up.

Stay safe and be well,

These raccoons love climbing this tree for some reason.

RaccoonsIMG_2452.JPG