Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #144,641  
Good morning all great day to be alive

Sodamo sorry about the pups leg but it will heal fast

Hope you feel better soon BEF

Prayers for your son Ron

txdon sounds like you will be good as new very soon

wngsprd think from northern Va north to be hit pretty good the further north one goes the worse it gets

Prayers for all

/ Good morning!!!! #144,642  
Hopefully mostly post was not nefariously removed

/ Good morning!!!! #144,645  
61°F and .02 inches rain.

Back into caretaker this morning

Late lunch invite for. Chili at friends this afternoon. Haven’t seen since Nov so will be nice to sit outside and get caught up.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #144,646  
I do 5 miles in just under 20 minutes usually. However when I get too engrossed in YouTube videos I slow down.
I went back and looked at my ride yesterday. I do not know where I got 10 miles from. It was 5.2 miles. If I set resistance to 9. I would only be able to ride for 5 minutes.

/ Good morning!!!! #144,647  
Good Morning!!!! 56F @ 8:45AM. Abundant sunshine. High 69F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
Still no rain in the 10-day, highs in the 60s, lows in the 40s. Not your typical January for around here, at all.

You folks sure have been busy! I felt like the donkey chasing the carrot on the stick as I tried to catch up this morning, and the page count increased faster than I could read them.

Every figure out how the pooch got cut, David?

Hope your train ride is more comfortable heading north, Drew. Those temps didn't sound very warm for Florida, though.

Ouch, Randy. We're not made of rubber anymore, are we?

RT1.jpg

Nice ride down the coast Thursday, with very little traffic, no fog, lots of sunshine, and plenty of time to get there. Bike ran great, lunch at Nepenthe was beautiful, but the shrimp BLT was a bit much at twenty-five bux! My friend lives at the nicer end of her neighborhood, and we enjoyed a drink on her patio, made dinner, then caught up. She'd finished the last of the details associated with her sister's passing, which got us talking about our futures and all the challenges going forward at our ages (she's a year younger than me). We didn't find many answers, but misery loves company. Next day we were off to the cabin where we hoped to even up with what we were hoping for in the abbreviated trip to Kernville, and we mostly did. Some nice hikes down to the ocean for picnic lunches in the sun, watching seals, pelicans, surfers, and sea birds do their thing. A short bicycle ride on some beach cruisers that were not geared well for the hills in the area was a reminder that neither of us were as fit as we maybe should be. We'd stopped at a grocery store on the way and came out with four bags full, and had fun cooking on her small camp stove and of course, in the microwave in the room. Not the full kitchenette we thought there would be, but good enough. After two nights we got up to come home only to find her truck had a new vibration to the engine, the alternator light was on, and the power steering was out. A quick look under the hood showed that the serpentine belt had come off. I was able to get it wound back round the pullys in the right order, but without a half inch drive ratchet or breaker bar to work the tensioner, couldn't get it up onto the last one. So we got a tow truck ride to her mechanic's, and he freighted us the last few miles home. Seems the Kernville curse had followed us to the coast! After sad goodbyes the next morning I took a more direct route home, with mostly freeways on the agenda. Got as far north as Stockton, where all seemed normal at a fuel stop until I started the engine again. I've never heard valve train clatter that loud, so shut it down and got out of my gear so I could take another listen. Yep, it was coming from the right side. Wheeled it over to a quiet place in the lot, popped off the valve cover, and found over a quarter-inch of valve clearance. Uh oh, time to call for a tow. But after three hours the tow service still couldn't find anyone to take the contract, so I called a friend who was more than willing to make the two hour run south to rescue me. We finished up at around 10PM, a long, and mostly boring, day put to bed. I'll dig a little deeper into the problem today to see if I can figure out what happened.

Hope everyone's week gets off to a less "interesting" start...

/ Good morning!!!! #144,648  
on the road again.....
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrdiditrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdiddit, etc and squeaking constantly
all because of crummy track.
room is much better, tiny bathroom, like sitting in a tiny shower, a bit claustrophobic with no windows. There are two bedroom cabins on this car and it appears you can open a door between them. Which is of course locked now, but it's all on rubber and seems to be bouncing up and down about a constant 1/32. Porter tried jamming towels in track on other side, this is no surprise to him, and I've got my big suitcase jammed up against it with towels wedged in there.
It works for a few minutes, then all the jiggling makes everything move.

and the cabin thermostat is broken. Oh the heat automatically comes on at 7pm. I wonder if they just turned off the heat to save money....now Rodney the attendant who will be with me all the way to Trenton, and everything is included, except the gratuities, he noted without a trace of shame.... ;)

I had a really nice time and I'm happy to be here. Trick is to have low expectations of this train and then be pleasantly surprised. Covid was brought up by one conductor, said they can't get staff for their trains, particularly in NorthEast. Which is why I'm still stuck on the milk run instead of the express. Well at least I don't have to leave this cabin for anything the whole time.

train went up past Palm Beach and headed NW up to Okeechobee Lake. Didn't see anything on way down, at night, maybe will see something this afternoon. That would be nice.
Just passed the Walpole concrete plant, huge and very impressive, spotless trucks.
Otherwise once you leave the coasts, whole lot of scrub pine and swamps.
track has smoothed out and we are going flat out.

I redid my squeak towels and took the play out of the door from a different direction.
Much quieter.
If I see anything to take pics of I will but pretty desolate. Train feels like about 80mph now.

not very attractive land we are going through near North 98, looks like no one lives in this area.
well except the alligators

Attachments

• IMG_0622.JPG
    IMG_0622.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0623.JPG
    IMG_0623.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 71
   / Good morning!!!! #144,649  
The two grocery stores I went to also had empty shelves where the cat food should be. There was dog food but stock was getting low also
Is there a reason for these shortages ?
We are feeling the knock on effects of American ammunition hoarders, though not heard of Pet Preppers before !

Makani, hope you get better soon. Tell David he is lucky you found the sharp edge first, instead of a future caretaker who could have been suing for $$$.
I am sure you are temped to settle your injury compensation with a single apologetic hug, but don't let him off so lightly. Instead keep practicing that forlorn look and you should be good for many weeks of extra treats.
:giggle:

/ Good morning!!!! #144,650  
too funny, all of sudden it got pleasantly warmer in here and sure enough the thermostat was now working. They had definitely turned off the heat....which I guess they didn't need in Miami.
going through vast lemon orchards at times, a few lakes, a lot of swamp

Attachments

• IMG_0628.JPG
    IMG_0628.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0630.JPG
    IMG_0630.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 65