Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #144,661  
Good evening all.
Yesterday's post was yank for citing Covid statistics.
Wont try to post again because this could get yanked also.

/ Good morning!!!! #144,662  
Good evening all.
Yesterday's post was yank for citing Covid statistics.
Wont try to post again because this could get yanked also.

That’s ridiculous, you’ re just giving numbers. Maybe you can post the number of “drunks” instead?

If this gets cut, it’s been nice chatting with you all for the last few years.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #144,664  
Well today was interesting. I was out in the sticks today handling a service.

I encountered this fox about 1/2 a mile from the quarry. I actually ended up calling 911 and reporting it as a possible rabies case. Thanfully they were able to get a pretty decent location off my cell phone since all there was were trees, a field and some ditches to describe for a location.

I also called my contact at the quarry so he could spread the word to his employees to keep an eye out for it.

Came around a corner and this fox was just sitting in the middle of the road. At first I thought some tater head had tamed it.

Rolled up next to it in the truck and snapped the picture. Then I honked the horn on the truck. Yelled "hay".

Thats when the darn thing started spewing spittle, doing this weird thing with it's mouth and acting confused.

Window went up, and I pulled down the street a bit and made the calls. Watched it in the mirrors and noticed it was wobbly while walking.

20220125_151707.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #144,666  
up early for two foot walk to bathroom...a nice convenience.
Somewhere just North of Charleston now.

it's not Mostly at all.
site has now banned all discussion of covid 19 related topics, I guess it just got too nasty.
that's kind of sad actually

headed back to sleep

/ Good morning!!!! #144,667  
2022-01-26, 0323

8° right now...high in the low teens today...

I was having password problems with one of the applications on my work laptop...passed it to IT. Now, I can't even log in at all. I did contact our IT guy (who works in Connecticut) and, without me connecting into the network, he can't do anything.
As you know, I'm working remotely.... looks like I'll have to go in to work tomorrow or Friday, if the IT guy can come to our NH plant. This is being handled through my personal cell phone and computer...very frustrating.
Since I can't "work", reckon I'll do the weekly dump run today...

Up too early...

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #144,668  
Makani is recovering well. Thanks
As for “how”, no answer. Had one possibility but didn’t check out. Now I’m thinking most likely a place along the wire fence, but that’s still a guess.
3 of his meds are capsules. Hiding in warm cheese works best so far.

Drew, we enjoyed our room on the the cross country and East coast portions of our trip. On the cross country portion we enjoyed the adjoining rooms with our friends. Easy to visit, play cards etc. unfortunately ours rooms to Fl were not adjoining. Bet you choose the bottom berth

Had a good visit at friends this afternoon, celebrating her 70th. Her brother’s chili excellent as always.

Anybody had any experience with mower that stalls out when electric clutch is engaged? This happens even if belt is removed, so not a problem with the deck. Electrical?

/ Good morning!!!! #144,669  
decided I was too awake, folded up bed, now watching little towns in SC go by in the dark.
looked at US radar, very quiet out there now, little snow in Amarillo but not much anywhere else.
This weekend a noreaster will change all that but for now, just cold and dry.
Too cold for me, I really liked that 65 degree weather. 72 today. 22 at home, headed for 10 degrees tomorrow morning.

coffee isn't hot, but not terrible, ordered two for dinner knowing I'd be up early and attendant doesn't come until 6:30am. Have a couple little blueberry muffins my Florida friends sent me home to start the early day.

I wonder where they hit the cows, train keeps blowing its horn out in the middle of nowhere
David, opening this common door directly ahead of me would really make for an interesting family room. Since I have no intentions of taking a shower in this miniature bathroom, I took one of the bath towels out and jammed that between side of shower and the rattling door, and much better. It still rattles over big bumps but better on little stuff. They should have some kind of screw down tightener to eliminate this....

and you bet I slept on the bottom, not getting down that little ladder in middle of night.
I kind of hoped they would supply a sheet but they don't. So I have to stay fully clothed which I expected. But for basically double the cost, the room is certainly more comfortable than the roomette. I don't do this often for sure so might as well have a little fun.

well good morning Columbia SC

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #144,670  
it's not Mostly at all.
site has now banned all discussion of covid 19 related topics, I guess it just got too nasty.
that's kind of sad actually
Problem is, as soon as certain subjects (Covid being one), it goes political...which has almost always led to snarky comments and uncivil behavior. I'm seeing this in other threads too, and not just threads that devolve into politics.
We need to be civil...we may not agree on topics, but that's no reason to get insulting or condescending. Sometimes novices to the tractor world may posts that, based upon their inexperience, may seem illogical or shows their lack of experience....there's no reason to make a smartass response, but some do it.
My mother used to say, "if you can't say something good about a person, then don't say anything..." Words of wisdom...