Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #144,841  
Happy birthday Bird. And many more to come.

Santa Fe03.jpg

This was from a trip to Santa Fe. I’ve been to 49 states, but never been to Europe.

/ Good morning!!!! #144,843  
I’ve been to 49 states, but never been to Europe.
I've been once, but wanna go back. Swiss, Austrian, and Italian Alps, on a 130 HP rocket. Guides kept telling us "Don't race vit de locals", but I kept forgetting. Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on.

/ Good morning!!!! #144,844  
14°. My sister just got to FL a couple days ago, she posted it’s 80° today.

My younger brother now has alligallyitus, he’s not vaccinated. He’s in hospital due to afib with it.
My oldest son has it also, he’s vaccinated and has very mild case.

Listened to some meatloaf tonight, RIP.

Sometime tomorrow need to do brakes on Subaru.
hope he gets better soon. Prayers.

GOODBYE!!!
😥😥😥 Did I miss something other than Mostly's post getting yanked for ticky tack reasons?
Prayers for your son too.

I haven't been on since Wednesday, and come back to ticky tack rule changes....Mostly, glad you decided to stay and post.

Ron, I will miss your posts, your pic's, but most of all your friendship. I would like it if you decide to hang out some more. If you're ever back down in Texas again, please stop by.
I pulled the head off the motorcycle yesterday afternoon, then lifted the cylinder far enough to get at the cam followers. The intake one came out with a magnet, the exhaust one moved freely until the bottom end tried to come up out of the bore. A close look at the intake one showed it to be a two piece design, and my guess is that the exhaust one spit off the hardened end, and what's left is somewhat mangled and is keeping it in place. So while the paint is drying I'll pull off all the timing gear and the cam, then the oil pan, so the follower can come out of the bottom side. Depending on what I find, I might just be able to put the stock parts back in place and call the whole thing a bad mistake.
Hope you get 'er fixed soon. Glad you're safely back to your domain. I would have to move if they told me I'd have to cough up over $8K for homeowners. insurance.

Is Mark Cuban starting an online pharmacy?

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has launched an online pharmacy that offers prescription drugs at affordable prices. ... The company offers 100 generic drugs which consumers can purchase at CostPlusDrugs.com. They do not accept health insurance and require customers to pay cash.
Just saw this on tv report. No affiliation.

I am not a fan of censorship, but I also don’t enjoy contentious conversation. I’m pretty sure that we have a wide range of philosophies and beliefs here, and it is well served just to acknowledge and respect that. It accomplishes little to try and change or belittle those that are different.
To that end, I think that the GM thread does an excellent job of moderating itself, and that is likely why it is so long lived. Boundaries get tested occasionally, but find their way back pretty quickly. In my opinion this thread wouldn’t really benefit from outside moderation, while others might.
That’s my two cents on the subject.
I'll put another .02 in, that makes it .04 now. Well said Popgadget.
You guys are making me feel like a lightweight, wearing LLBean flannel lined jeans in 60sF temps. But they're very comfortable, so why not? 👍
I've got fleece on in my living room right now. Thermostat at 69° Outside 47°F Fireplace not burning well....yet.
Well, I survived another trip around the moon. 82 years old today and the only male member of my family or heritage to ever make it this far.🤣🤣 Of course I'm also the only one to have survived polio, an emergency appendectomy, a knee replacement, a shoulder replacement, a triple bypass, and a few little things like that.🤣 And I thank the good Lord that I've had things a lot better than many others. In spite of some early health problems as a youngster, and some now in later life, I spent almost 25 years as a police officer and can't remember taking a sick day, and then we spent 6 years full time RV traveling before farming for a few years. And ever since the first year as a police officer, I"ve had a good old gal (wife) who has put with me all these years. Yep, I have much to be thankful for, including many friends on this website.
Happy B'day Bird. You are a special guy. How old where you when I brought my family up to Denton for your big B'day party? My wifey believes it was Jan 2010, just 2 months before my son was born in March of 2010. Got to meet a lot of people and see some old TBN poster friends like WroughtNHarv. Has anyone heard from him?

This whole group is special. This is where I come to get a "normal" slice of life. Plenty diverse, and yet we somehow get along. I mean, I tease Eric about sending his grandson over for finishing school, and I used to give Rip a tease about his wife's tractor was nicer than his....but I guess I'll have to stop being so mean from now on....yeah no. :) And the offer still stands Eric.

I was just talking to a guy at work, (remember I work with a lot of highly educated researchers from many avenues of expertise) and we talked about the introverts at work. Our long hallways are about 9' wide, and many would walk right past without looking up or saying anything. I always "head them off at the pass" and tell them a greeting. Often in their foreign language. We were trying to decide if they were introverts because of their I.Q./nerdiness/getting bullied in school/not typically the most handsome persons in the room/ etc.... OR, if their introvertedness was a product of modern electronic devices, texting etc....OR BOTH?

PJS, I have 2 Bridgeport clone manual mills at work. They are decent, but not as quality as the originals if kept oiled. They sit lonely a lot, because I prefer the CNC mills for most things. They both have digital readouts, variable frequency drives, and Kurt pneumatic tool changers on top (untightens and tightens the drawbar). On one, I keep a Kurt vise on the left and a manual rotary chuck mounted vertically for gripping round stuff on the right.

You guys stay warm up there, and keep your block warmers plugged in.

Prayers for our team, Bupps, Topps, Drew, and those in silent need. And for our country.

/ Good morning!!!! #144,845  
I've got to go to Ruidoso NM a handful of times. A good friend's family had a 40 acre place that shared a fence line with a national forest. It was a bucketlist destination. Snow skiing in the winter and M/C riding in the summer.

Rich let us know how you like the creeper. I have one, but prefer a nice clean sheet of cardboard, which my wife's online ordering habits keep me stocked with such, but an appliance box is the best! I haven't got to try one like Lou posted, they look nice. I have 2 of the seat/stools with trays underneath for tools. I have 1 set up with tools for working on the sickle bar cutter.

/ Good morning!!!! #144,846  
I've got to go to Ruidoso NM a handful of times. A good friend's family had a 40 acre place that shared a fence line with a national forest. It was a bucketlist destination. Snow skiing in the winter and M/C riding in the summer.

Rich let us know how you like the creeper. I have one, but prefer a nice clean sheet of cardboard, which my wife's online ordering habits keep me stocked with such, but an appliance box is the best! I haven't got to try one like Lou posted, they look nice. I have 2 of the seat/stools with trays underneath for tools. I have 1 set up with tools for working on the sickle bar cutter.
We enjoyed ruidoso. The look out is a must see up there. That and the Ruidoso soccer team (elk) There is a campground just below the look out. Bet that is a sweet spot at night being up on top of a peak. Wanted to get back up there for a sunset but didn't make it.

Our trip there didn't start out very well. Got 4/10 of a mile from our Airbnb and the motor blew in my wifes jeep.

Spent 2 days stressed out and walking everywhere till we could get the jeep towed to the dealership. That was an adventure. Small dealership, little inventory, and during the pandemic. We did manage to find a car my wife liked. And my wife got a new vehicle on my birthday

20201111_130921.jpg
20201112_062842.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #144,847  
Good evening all. 28F for the start, clear sky, light breeze. Light to moderate wind, clear sky, and high temp of 55F, DP 19F. Ash cleaning and restoke the insert to start day. puttered on computer then play in wood pile, got hand splitting done an mot of it stacked. Had to come in for rest :( and nap :)
Roy good to hear laptop fixed.
Drew good to hear you getting upgrade fridge.
Phil hope you enjoyed the nephew time, sounds like you survived ok.
Billy sorry about the skunk fight, too bad you couldn't get a to for one shot er attitude adjustment. Very sorry about the left overs
Randy sorry about weather hope you are healed up enough to deal with it
NHBX good to hear weather less bad for you. Watching ocean almost as much fun as watch fire in insert.
Bill stay warm in your cab
Thomas hope day went well.
Buppies 421 has better ailerons than arrow :)
Paul hope you are ready for snow, sorry about not knowing why breaker tripped, hope you can spend more time in shop.
Drew cool pic
Ken interesting, talk about snow, then post Southwest pics :)
RNG disgusting news on home insurance, good to hear brakes much better on truck.
RS nice pics good to hear friend doing better.
Paul thanks for link
Don hope gym session went well you sound like you are missing Egore already ;)
PJ so now 1 arm bigger than he other?
David sorry so much trouble after you fixed it's frame. Hope BX was good deal.
Bird Happy Birthday! nothing like a good wife!
DFtodd thanks for info
Drew enjoy new fridge
Ted sorry about the leak glad you could get it fixed. Hope conversion went well
Thomas glad day went so well
Eric had giggle at your description of the sheep wanting their treats :)
Dftodd nice pic
Bill that was a nice nap!
Drew that is asking for l lot for everyone to stay in their own lane 😱
David sorry about temp replace not working out, sounds like if you got something it will be easy to sell.
Ted had nephew in Albuquerque years ago, has since moved to Idaho
PJ is there a story behind the requisite Left?
Paul nice pic
Kyle hope fire is going better now. My vote is both reasons to be introverted.
Dftodd quite the Ruiodoso story.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid, /mom recovery, living alone /son cough (bronchitis?), Bird/aging issues/, Don/knee recovery, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's FIL death /new cancer surgeries /cataract surgery, Roy/ palpitations, /angina, /shoulder, wife/ankle recovery, Billy /wife fall, David(moss) /remodel /divorce, Buppies/good biopsy report, Thomas/gout, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted/knee recovery/retirement, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/aunt fall injuries, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery follow up, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/injuries from fall, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Eddie & wife /covid, Drew /new neck pain, Mike /nephew - Covid, Dennis/ brother "alligallyitus", and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #144,848  
I was just talking to a guy at work, (remember I work with a lot of highly educated researchers from many avenues of expertise) and we talked about the introverts at work. Our long hallways are about 9' wide, and many would walk right past without looking up or saying anything. I always "head them off at the pass" and tell them a greeting. Often in their foreign language. We were trying to decide if they were introverts because of their I.Q./nerdiness/getting bullied in school/not typically the most handsome persons in the room/ etc.... OR, if their introvertedness was a product of modern electronic devices, texting etc....OR BOTH?
I spent my career in a similar environment, where pretty much if you didn't have a PhD, you didn't amount to squat. But they had to dispatch a crossing guard so the propeller heads could safely negotiate the cross walk on the way to the cafeteria. If anything, those "gifted" folks started off introverted, then got made worse by the electronics with which they were able to surround themselves.

/ Good morning!!!! #144,849  
Cant
Overlook
Vital
Information
Discussion

My brother is home from hospital after his alligator attack and is getting better.

Still pizzed at how they handled things.

Unless we can’t discuss alligators, I Decided I would share 1 picture a day from each state I’ve visited. Only have 5 to go.

ALaska, Mendenhal glacier 1988. Hiked a trail up above it. Later they told me a lot of grizzly bears up there. Since I hiked it I’ve read of bear attacks on the trail. My best friend in HS was living in Juneau, and was moving to Pittsburgh PA to attend law school. My wife and I flew up, spent a week, then He and I drove back, while my wife and his wife and kids flew back. Several of my states were on the return trip.

AK_MendenhallGlacier1988.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #144,850  
Must have been what they were into. I used to have lunch, 6 of us at the cafetiere table and the other 5 all had Phds. These were all engineers, Satellite systems, radio frequency, telephone systems/design. great bunch of blokes.