Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #147,381  
car is all packed, went online and updated EZPass for new car.
drippy morning out

Buppies, house rented is in Folly Beach, just North of Charleston on the beach.

friends are making shepherd's pie for St. Patrick's dinner tonight. Good comfort food.

brother feels worse this morning from alligatorus, but as he says, still upright.
He's a cpa right in the middle of tax time, not great timing. His wife was very sick for three days and is now better

My wife loves Folly Beach, she says the seashell hunting is great.
Personally, I like all the beaches from the VA line to Florida.

/ Good morning!!!! #147,382  
Don, I'd like to be a fly on the wall to hear what you tell them if they don't give you the money like they've been saying. Hope it's not a Bait and Switch like they do with advertising.
They sure do push Trading in to save on taxes. They want a buy and sell transaction. I'm going to send the pics one at a time full resolution later. The pics look good on my computer. ???

/ Good morning!!!! #147,383  
Morning all, 47 going to 57 and rain.
The igniter did not fix the heater. One last pressure switch to test and then I am baffled.
Leaner is not down, did not get to finish since spent more time on heater.

Son came in and wanted to go to see somone at open mike night at local bar/restaurant. So instead of dropping him off, I just stayed in the back for a beer. Some good talent at temperance bar Newtown PA.
Bar is decent, nothing outrageous. Like most bars there, in a very old tavern, that dates back to the late 1700's

Happy birthday to your son Kyle!
Happy birthday Phil and many more!

Stay safe and be well,

Cleaning up the area from all the other trees I fell. Leaner is to the right.
View attachment 737693

Looks just like my tractor, I might borrow your toolbox idea.

/ Good morning!!!! #147,384  
My friend from New Hampshire just moved to Chesapeake VA.
He is having problems finding good, local type, places to eat.

any suggestions ??

/ Good morning!!!! #147,385  
Seems like spring with temps 50s at night and 70s days. After 15th of March hard freezes are rare.

/ Good morning!!!! #147,386  
Good Morning.
It’s 47 and supposed to make it to 55 with rain likely all day.

Yesterday was not a fun day, felt like I was tied to a chair with various federal agencies hitting me with a rubber hose.
The worst part is that they add nothing to the safety or security of the country, but take themselves as vital. It’s hard to imagine the depth of the ineptitude that I have to put up with. Makes me realize that the FAA is doing a pretty decent job by comparison.

The high point of the day was when my grandson walked up to visit. We pulled the tractor out of the shop and washed it.

Today will be mostly picking up the pieces from yesterday, but a much better day to be inside. It’s a good friends birthday today, I’ll probably make a nice lunch for him.

Ken, reach out if you want some trouble shooting tips for your heater.

/ Good morning!!!! #147,387  
52F and mostly cloudy @ 09:30, heading up to a high of 72F for the day. Possibility of rain tomorrow (24% chance) with warm temps again (71F) Daffodils and tulips poked up from the ground about a week ago.

Need to refill all bird feeders this morning after I call and order some parts from the Kubota dealer.

Started tearing into the B2910 yesterday and happily found out that we may have lucked out, with less damage than I was initially thinking.

Rear u-joint on the rear driveshaft going to the front axle cratered:

IMG_1553 copy.jpg

Was able to remove the shaft and part of the rear u-joint without splitting the tractor. It resides in the center frame - which is almost like a tunnel, largely enclosed on four sides ... so not real easy to access - that joins the front and the rear of the tractor together (bell housing ---> hydraulic pump/transmission)

Front u-joint assembly is still on the front driveshaft, will have to drop the rear part of the frame the loader mounts to drive the roll pins out of the yoke. Also will have to use a hole saw to cut a hole in the center frame to be able to access the roll pins that are still in the rear yoke on the transmission and holding it on.

U-joint assemblies are around $150 each (two yokes + cross), shaft itself is around $90, roll pins around $1 each (parts manual shows six total, pinned in three places ... but old shaft was not drilled for all of them), plastic cover $75.

Front u-joint initially seemed fine, but might go ahead and replace it ... since the plastic cover on it had gotten torn some time ago and it is more exposed than the rear one.

Checked driveshaft with straight edge and it's not bent, but need to check the shaft for wear on the splines. Likely also replace the carrier bearing and seal for the front driveshaft while we're in there, since they're only around $20 for both.

So maybe around $500 or so for parts, if I go ahead and replace the front u-joint assembly as well.

Best part (if it proves out) might be no damage internally, inside the transmission or hydraulic system.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe St. Patricks Day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #147,389  
Beautifully clear water, Don. If the photos of the car were this good, i'd say there's sumthin' fishy goin' on...
I re-sent the same pics this morning but this time full resolution and texted them right from the phone instead of going on their web site and it worked they were accepted. We might be able to close the deal by the end of next week, maybe . . .

My wife just check the rules for pinching on St Patrick's Day. If you get pinched but are actually wearing green you get to pinch the pincher 10 times back.

/ Good morning!!!! #147,390  
Good morning to all! Low of 32°, high around 45°... maybe. A couple fronts coming across and may get a few showers. I hope so. We could use the rain.

Slowly getting over the upper respiratory bug.... no alligoritis, a good thing. Only nasal congestion and occasional junky cough happening.

Unfortunately, Tuesday night I got out of bed to go to the bathroom. Made it in there and suddenly got lightheaded and passed out. Wifey heard the crash and rushed in. She said I was out cold for a few minutes. She had called our middle son and he came over and helped me up. No apparent injuries at the time, so didn't call 911. The B/P apparently bottomed out again, 20 minutes later it was still low at 90/50 while laying supine.

Then after waking up yesterday, the good knee was hurting really bad. Must have twisted it during the fall. It got better throughout the day, but still sore today. Put a call into the cardiologist, consensus is that it was caused by dehydration from being sick (I realized that I probably only drank 28oz. over 2 days), in combination with the meds, and getting up too fast from sleeping. He is sending out a 30 day heart monitor to see if there's any abnormalities going on. Nuclear stress test next week still on schedule.

Getting old isn't fun..... I was told this was to be the best time to enjoy... I was apparently lied to....

Just looked outside, it's SNOWING! That's not supposed to be happening....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Phil, Kyle's son, and PJ's son. Hope they have a great day.

Drew, congrats on the new car. Hope you can figure out all the features.

Another day of rest is in order.....