48 high of 78 today flowers are beautiful here still fighting diarrhea

Great car pictures Don, nice kitty pictures BEF

Prayers for all our Country Ukrainian people

/ Good morning!!!! #149,752  
Roy glad you are doing better

/ Good morning!!!! #149,753  
good morning all
looks like another lovely day out, 51 going up to 71 in clouds and sun
have morning planned helping friend finish her veggie garden, did half last week, will finish off rest this morning.

Buppies, feel better, you have really been through the ringer
Roy, listen to docs and get better

helo, hope you get good results and news.

nice to be able to finally start putting golf shirts on in the morning. Those LL Bean chamois shirts need to get put away until this Fall.

Every morning two or three big blue jays come out and feed. They seem to like the cracked corn on the ground. Pretty aggressive birds, other birds stay out
of their way. And then the bluebirds venture out. Still early but expect the hummingbirds soon.
I wonder how they get through the night without eating, they have such a high metabolism.
My all you can eat buffet is waiting.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,754  
Drew thanks saw humming bird yesterday

/ Good morning!!!! #149,755  
47 and crystal clear skies. Seeing 70 and nice today.

I've been gone a couple of days to come back and learn of such bad news on the health front. Sure hope Buppies, Roy, Helo, Toppop, Sophie, Alien, and anyone I missed are on the mend. Prayers said. Our bodies take a lickin' and keep on tickin' needs to be the motto.

Been on the Appalachian Trail, talking with some interesting thru-hikers...a grandfather with 6 grandkids from Olympia, WA, a retired couple from SC, and a young 23 year old guy from the Black Hills of South Dakota stand out. One young German guy was going to hike all the way to Newfoundland. I didn't even know a trail went past Katahdin.

Speaking of Mother's Day, our front yard chipmunk's two babies finally came out of the den for the first time. Also, my wife and I visited my mom yesterday in Virginia Beach...she was all gung-ho to go to Costco...where she had never been, but heard all about. We walked the whole store, picking up a number things to stock her house...each time she said, oh, that's so much cheaper than where I shop. Plus, bought her a cordless stick vac. Then we pigged out on a slice of cheese pizza at their snack bar and a 25 cent bottle of water. She thoroughly enjoyed it. I got the vac assembled, did the 4 hour battery charge, and descaled her Keurig while there. Left her a double slice of the apple pie we bought, and of course, we had bought one of the $5 rotisserie chickens for her to eat this week. She'll be 91 later this month.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,757  
Morning all, 56 going up to almost 70 and sunny.
Got a few plants into planters, cleanup around the pool, sprayed some rm43 and then had to rest the leg.

Seem Dads girlfriend got lost in Istanbul airport, then they tried to meet the cruise ship at another port. At this point my uncle says they were both talking at once and nothing made sense.
Will call them later today when they've had a chance to sleep. My dad seemed to mess up every single step of the process, I think he needs less complicated trips from now on.

But he is home safe.

LS - wish we could send some rain your way, we are way ahead of what should be normal for this area by many inches. Looks like we had 4" over the weekend.

Alien - sorry no solution to the biceps, hope the hand surgery gives you better capabilities.

Helo - hope it is something that can just be adjusted in diet. Our thoughts on an easy to fix diagnosis

Stay safe and be well,

Another invasive from Europe - Garlic Mustard. Online says it interrupts the ground environment causing issues for other plants and insects. While it is edible, think it will need to be knocked down soon.
I think between the autumn olive, Stiltgrass and the other invasives they make up most of the ground cover in my woods.

2022-05-11T06_56_28-04_00[1].jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #149,758  
Good Morning
It’s 59 and might tickle 70 today.

Yesterday was fairly productive. I picked up some 3” schedule 80 pipe to make a new mailbox post, I’ll cut about a 4’ piece to put in the ground, and weld a plate on top of it with a matching plate that will weld to the above ground post. Then the two plates get bolted together with 1/4” bolts to make it all frangible. I got a piece of 3/8 plate to cut the flanges out of. Plasma cutter did a nice job.

IMG_8818.jpg

I need to drill them for the bolts and weld them to the pipe, but that’s another day. Did get about half the mulch spread and 3/4 of the mowing done. The auger for the loader on the tractor showed up at my buddies shop (EA offers free delivery, but to a business) and he dropped it off at my place. Of course the hoses were not correct, being O ring instead of MPT to fit the single lever coupler of my third function.

Today started with a run to the hydraulic shop to get the correct ends on the hoses, and pick up some wear sleeve for them. I don’t have a lot of time this morning, I have to head out for a check ride with the FAA in the turboprop, need to be in Wilkes Barre at noon.
I hope to get a batch accomplished this afternoon when I get home.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,759  
71°F and cloudy this morning, going up to 91° today.

At home for the rest of the week. Originally scheduled PTO time to attend the oldest stepson's (and his girlfriend's) graduation from Texas State University. However, our arrangement for taking care of the animals while we were gone fell through. So, Wife went and I'm staying home. Not particularly please about that, but it is what it is. Too many unreliable people around.

Got all the lions and wolves and raptors fed, then fed myself. Not sure what I'll get into today, but it's definitely an opportunity rich environment.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,760  
I just saw something about a body found in a barrel at lake Meade.
There were actually two found.... the one in the barrel, and another one not too far away from where the barrel was found. The second one was barely exposed out of the dirt.

I bet they find more "interesting" things in the exposed lake bottom. I can't believe how low the water levels have gotten. But, RNG's lake / reservoir was down to a trickle last year.....