Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,701  
For you skywatchers...saw this on the local news/weather site...it references Virginia, so check your local source if interested.

There could be a once in a lifetime experience to see in the night sky Monday night into early Tuesday morning.

A meteor storm is possible from midnight to 2am late Monday night into early Tuesday morning. If it happens, we could see more than 1,000 meteors per hour - but it’s not a guarantee. Most meteor showers have less than 100 meteors per hour, so this would be an incredible sight if it happens.

In 1995, a comet called 73p/Schwassmann-Wachmann broke up into fragments. Astronomers at NASA say those fragments could reach earth Monday night into Tuesday morning and if that happens, we would see the tau Herculid meteor shower. If the fragments don’t reach earth, we won’t see much of anything.

There are a couple of factors working in our favor to see the meteor shower. The sky will be clear in Virginia with no clouds expected Monday night, and there is a new moon, so no moonlight will interfere with seeing meteors.

You don’t need a telescope to see the meteor shower - in fact, you shouldn’t use a telescope. Just find a dark spot away from city lights and look up to the night sky facing south for the best chance to see the meteors.
Any sky showers last night?

/ Good morning!!!! #150,702  
Good morning to all! Low of 46°, going up to only 80° after a front came down from the NW. that kept the wind going strong all night @40-45 mph.

Paul, (PopG), thanks for the city pic.... I could almost make out where my Dad used to work, the municipal service building. Gosh, I almost forgot how many rowhouses there are in the Philly neighborhoods.

Bird, glad you are just bruised from the fall. Take it easy for a bit and heal.

Bruce, glad you are healing quickly and 'no more bleeding'. I am also curious if he had the cable running across the path?

Talking about fawns hiding and staying put.... Back when we lived outside of Dublin, PA, when I was mowing I spotted a fawn off to the side on one pass. On the return pass, it was still there and refused to move. So went around and left a patch of grass around the fawn. Never saw mom come for it, but it was gone later in the day.

Yesterday's agenda was in and out of bed, and overall a BLAH day. Still have a sore throat/ cough, congestion, and joint pain/stiffness. Today is going to be a repeat, rest has always been my best medicine.

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,703  
Hopefully I'll be able to stay up tonight (if I don't forget) to see the meteor shower. Should be around 10pm here. Maybe I can see a few.....

/ Good morning!!!! #150,704  
IMG_0910.JPG
IMG_0924.JPG

Very large crowd at the Memorial Day Ceremony. The 700 folding chairs were full along with another 700 under the trees. No politics just just honoring the fallen and the Veterans.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,705  
Memorial Day - deepest gratitude to all those who gave their all.

65°F and no rain

Hosting in person Happy Hour this afternoon. Grilling some marinated chicken thighs on the Primo.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #150,706  
   / Good morning!!!! #150,707  
82F and sunny 12:15, "feels like" 85F heading up to a high of around 88F.

Went out around 00:30 last night to see if there would be a show and stayed until around 01:45. A good bit of high clouds but you could see most of the stars through them. Unfortunately nothing significant as far as shooting stars go.

The only real "shows" were the next door neighbors were out having a fire in their backyard and had one guest who sounded like maybe he had a few too many adult beverages. They are younger folks so not entirely unexpected ... ;)

Then there was a raccoon who figured that the floating sunflower seeds in the chipmunk trap were easy pickings. I shoo'ed him off a couple of times, think he finally gave up ... after he had mostly cleaned it out.

Temps were in the mid-to-high 60's while I was out there so it was cool but pleasant. Hadn't done that in some time, used to do it quite a bit. Very enjoyable.

The Woman has already suggested that I go turn on the AC up in the shop and has volunteered to come help "get that Kubota back together" ...

This is highly unusual ... as she is NOT a petroleum grease, grime, and oil sorta gal.

Depending on how bad it is when I go out there I may well take her up on that offer later.

Aside from that though, there are several things I'd like to get done:

Put out the half an orange for the birds (if I can remember)

Finish off that frame for the 55G drum on the WB.

Tie up the Orienipet Lilies to their stakes and mulch behind them.

Plant the 10 Asiatic Lily bulbs.

The above will likely have to wait until later when there is shade.

This is Recycle Week so those will need hauled up to the road along with the garbage.

Maybe a run down to HF in Canton if they are still showing that mic set in stock.

Of course, seedlings and plants will probably need watered first thing.

The list never ends.

Just stuck my head out and it doesn't seem too bad right at the moment. Probably pretty tolerable in the shade, as long as one isn't doing anything too strenuous. That may change as the afternoon progresses.

Hope everyone has a pleasant Memorial Day and remembers those that made the sacrifice.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,709  
The Fallen please, we have Veterans day for those still among us.
Thanks
No one seemed to mind giving the Veterans present a robust round of applause as they stood when they were recognized by their specific branch of defense.
Army
Marine Corps
Navy
Air Force
Space Force
Coast Guard
And also a standing ovation for those in attendance and presently in active service in the United States Armed Forces.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,710  
88 outside in bright sun

Holidays have brought a lot of motorcycles to town and they really make a huge amount of noise going by.
And there seems to be a few extra crazies in loud cars too at late hours.
I'd like to put a big sign out saying Quiet Zone
Then use an audiometer to measure the noise level and have it take pics and give tickets.
A noise activated red light camera.

I wonder if my namesake would be considered a Fallen. He died of some brain disease during WWII while a merchant marine
oiler on a diesel tender going up and down the East coast in 1942. Not sure how the merchant marine was classified.
Uncle Drew never made it past age 24. Thankfully his sister, my Mother, went on to have four kids.