Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,871  
Texas Forecast

It's an appropriate song but we need one with a little more pep and less whine and more hope. (y)

RNG the potTED plant was neither medicinal or recreational, it was decorative.
Pot plants and Potted plants are the same in Texas because that marrewana is illegal in Texas. And if there is a "bust" the news always uses the legal name - cannabis plants.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #153,872  
No, Kyle no evidence at all. I haven't had any cameras on the coop for several years now. Never needed one ... until yesterday. So, game cam is going back up. She also set a live trap.

In fact, The Wife did some scouting around while I was at work and found the remains of one of the Orpingtons behind her cousin's barn, which is in the opposite direction. We're starting to think it may have been a raccoon. More than a little glad we've had some time between the initial discovery anger and me making a fool of myself with the new neighbors.
Coons, skunks, foxes, weasels, coyotes... There is a website out there something like What killed my chickens. Hope you figure it out.

Don, the clouds part before they get to my place. No rain in a long time. Cracks in ground. No grass, no hay to cut, none so far this year. East of town got 2 showers last week.

I heard of a rancher selling cows cheap, so maybe beef will come down?

Rng, hope the wildfires get contained. Hope you get your power grid figured out.

On my job, I wouldn't call it micromanaging, they all are trying to "coach me up" on what comes and goes, meanwhile staying knowledgeable about what is going on. The emails are actually better in the long run to help remember stuff.

Sitting here in Discount tire, waiting for an hour now, even though I had an appointment, they still haven't touched my daughter's car. She drove over something and punctured a sidewall, so replacement is necessary.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,873  
76F and partly cloudy @ 10:30, heading up to a high of around 83F for the day with a mix of clouds and sun.

Started off with more screening yesterday, got 15 more bucketloads of screened compost/manure hauled down and placed in the expanded garden area.

While I was doing that I stopped long enough to park the B2910 in the grass up by the shop and grab a 1/4" drive ratchet out of the shop and adjust that (new) plastic cover over the front u-joint. If it's not rotated just right, it causes a growling/squealing/annoying noise while in motion. The correct rotation position is not what is shown in the pictures and isn't probably what you'd think it would be. Nice to have the noise gone.

Also topped off the gear oil in the front axle which was low. It doesn't appear to be leaking much thankfully.

Noticed that the one tomato plant that we did not get caged has been heavily "pruned" ... 🤬

Scheduled some bills for payment.

Put on pallet forks and got the eastern red cedar logs dug out of the weeds. Still need to hit that area with the bucket and push the remaining debris further back into the woods, after which I'll be able to mow it and it will fill in with grass.

Relative stopped by to pick up more summer squash, while out back noticed that something had been eating the squash and zucchini. Probably coons or groundhog ... 🤬

Forgot to get a count on the squash plants while I was back there.

After that I rearranged the pallets up at the shop and moved the old PT lumber from the deck out of the field and stacked it on the pallets. Looks like there is plenty there to do what I was talking about.

Also shoved the fallen tree further out of the way, over towards the property line.

Once that was done I got about 85% of the compost/woodlot mowed.

Went to refuel the Kubota and found out the bulk tank is now empty. Fairly safe bet I'll be waiting to fill it until the prices drop further, so it's back to taking a can down to the corner which I'll need to do today (for both gas and diesel) Thankfully the B2910 sips diesel and is pretty economical to operate.

Managed to get a 3 hour nap yesterday afternoon (didn't sleep the night before) ... plus a good night's rest last night.

Agenda for today:

Water plants still in pots, front and back.

Get those two boards screwed onto the new frame for the soil screener (one board came loose on the old one yesterday, still usable but just barely) and get it moved up to the shop so the new screen came be attached once it's welded. Think it will probably need another two boards beyond that, so need to order another GC PT 2" x 4" x 10' from Menards.

Maybe get the front mowed.

Maybe do some more compost/manure screening.

Never heard from the local Kubota dealer on whether my parts that were on order came in, so will need to give them a call next week.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #153,874  
Good Morning.
78 and Breezy with a high of 85.
Finally a nice day to work outside.

Son will be here shortly to do some fence work. We have to pull fabric on the posts we put in on our last go at it, and would like to get 2 gates hung, which will involve setting 4 posts and some fabric work.
I’ve got the tools loaded into the carryall, counterweight and auger on the tractor, just waiting for his arrival.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,875  
Good morning to all! Low was 60°, high today around 80°. Only hit 76° yesterday, under mostly cloud cover. We did get a few brief showers from some passing T-storms. Total over the last 2 days was 1/2".

Amazing how spotty the heavy rain can be.... 4 miles away got over a couple of inches. Lots of flash flooding going on in the burn scar areas.

A shame to see all the devastating flooding going on in Kentucky. Hundreds of people loosing everything they have. Going to be a hard recovery.

PJ, hope the new job comes through for you! Sorry to hear about the chickens. We have thought about getting chickens for a very long time.... I am always able to persuade the wifey to NOT get any....

Wng, nice that you were able to get to the barn in time.... That REO song is one of my favorites. Did you know that song has never been on an album? I was surprised to find that out... it was a very popular song.

Drew, I hope you are able to get the document preserved and on display. It is truly an artifact of history. It should be displayed for all the congregation to see.

Took advantage of the cloud cover and cooler temps to take the trimmer for a walk yesterday. Got half done.... Today will finish up the rest of the areas. The humidity was up to around 65%, so definitely getting the shirt "moist". It is very rare and unusual to sweat when working out here. I cannot decide which feels better......to get 'overcooked' or to sweat.....

Another task completed .... got the large raised planters leveled and set in place. It was too muddy in the area to use the tractor to fill them. Hopefully it will dry out enough over the next couple days. No need to cause more work fixing ruts and then cleaning the tractor off...

Still didn't get the dust collector into a dedicated home space. No rush to get it done, but it's in the way right now. I will use my 'breaks' from string trimming to hopefully figure out a solution.

Still trying to get caught up on here.....

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,876  
Trying to find a silver lining, it was pretty much at capacity with the number of security cameras I have installed, and I would like to install several more. So this may be the incentive needed to move up to a dedicated Network Video Recorder setup.

I ended up using all POE cameras feeding into a (more or less) dedicated PC running Blue Iris software. It has been bulletproof for a decade, and works with almost any cameras that you can find. I have a mish mash of cameras, but settled on Dahua.

All things considered more reliable and capable than much more expensive dedicated systems, just required that I set it all up.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,877  
71°F and no rain, but overcast.

Son and family enroute. Go to airport this evening to pick them up. Long flight from DC area. First time here since before the pandemic. Of course we see them via FaceTime, but in person is special. Granddaughter has her learner’s permit so I tease she has to drive with grandma.

No word from roof guys. Just assume they may still be on last job. Not a problem being here with the family.

Need to get a pic. Friends gave us some yellow tomatoes. Along with some of our own I turned them into a roasted tomato sauce which Sophie is turning into a nice lasagna for a family dinner tomorrow.

No work planned for the week, mostly spend time with the kids.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #153,878  
I ended up using all POE cameras feeding into a (more or less) dedicated PC running Blue Iris software. It has been bulletproof for a decade, and works with almost any cameras that you can find. I have a mish mash of cameras, but settled on Dahua.

All things considered more reliable and capable than much more expensive dedicated systems, just required that I set it all up.

Most Q-See and Amcrest IP POE cameras are Dahua. At least exact same software on them. I have all 3 of those brands and others.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,879  
Nice day out. 86°. Nice breeze blows occasionally.

Had some more of our corn last night, better than the first.

Up late last night so slept in.
Ran to Lowe’s and got more paint, primer for shed. Also some z trim.
50A breaker to wire up generator outlet. They didn’t have 6/3 to cut to length. Amazon did decide to take back the generator I bought. At 23% THD I’m afraid it could damage electronics, even though people on here have used it.
Got some premix trufuel. I thought the cans had a seal under the lid, every can I checked didn’t, even the big cans. BTW it’s cheaper price per oz to buy smaller cans than the larger can.
Picked up bbq sandwich at Dairy Queen and it was horrible. Should have ran down to mission for the real stuff.
Got 3 5 gal cans gas and 1 can diesel.

Not sure I said this, the L5030 is fixed and gets returned Monday. It did need new head. Dad said he would reimburse me for the cost. Haven’t done anything about my rim.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,880  

That’s the number of zucchini and yellow crookneck I managed to get planted.

Despite yesterday’s losses there appears to be a good number back there still that will need to be harvested today lest they get too big.

Went down to the corner and got gas and diesel, both down about 14 cents per gallon since yesterday.

Just finished watering and feeding all the veggies in front and out back in pots plus tomatoes and peppers in garden.

About to refuel the Cub and then head out and start mowing the front lawn.