Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,671  
54 going to 62. Rain from Ian is almost here. Wind and stormy clouds came in yesterday. Damage in Florida looks terrible. Prayers said.

Ken, hope you're better from your fall, and NHBX from your knee twist.

Nice floor plans, BEF. Looks like you've got a good grip on that S/W.

Went to Virginia Beach to visit my mom yesterday. She is still restricted from driving, so ran some chores and did her grocery shopping. I set up her medical alert system and we tested. Sure hope we don't have to use it.

Need to make a dump run this morning, hopefully before the rain gets here, and a few other outside chores...then will roast coffee.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,672  
What type of balancer
I had the cheap plastic version of what PJ showed, and also used a nail, but my blades always showed "in balance." So, I grew suspicious. The new balancer showed serious out of balance. I mow a lot, and am tough on blades, so decided to get serious...Not as nice as m7040's but same principle...

MAXPOWER 339075B Magnetic Wall Mount Blade Balancer​

/ Good morning!!!! #156,673  
MAN! looking at the pictures seems like the supply of project boats just got a lot bigger. I predict that the price of building materials is going up.

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #156,674  
45°F and clear skies this morning, going up to 74° today.

Stayed up too late playing around in the studio last night. My friend with the record store had asked me to throw a bass line on a song he's recording, and sent me a rough mix of it. I got the project set up a couple days ago, and finally got around to spending some time with it. Heavy/speed metal is not my normal genre, so trying to find something that works but isn't in the way of his busy guitar work was proving a bit challenging. Think I finally found an agreeable compromise. Didn't get to bed until almost 11:30. That 5am alarm was a bit rude this morning.

Nice sunset pic, BEF.

Good morning, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,675  
I've always just used a screwdriver, wngsprd. I ordered the one from Amazon last night. Too cheap to spend $100 on one.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,676  
Good morning, the low was 43 and the high to 63°F. Wind S 3 mph. Sunny.

My cold is breaking up, thankfully. It came in quick and is going out just as quick. Thankfully.

I don't know why anyone would live in a state as hurricane prone as Florida, but they do. Good thoughts and well wishes for the people affected by that hurricane.

Stay safe all

/ Good morning!!!! #156,677  
I ordered the one from Amazon last night. Too cheap to spend $100 on one.

Me too....

/ Good morning!!!! #156,678  
I had the cheap plastic version of what PJ showed, and also used a nail, but my blades always showed "in balance." So, I grew suspicious. The new balancer showed serious out of balance. I mow a lot, and am tough on blades, so decided to get serious...Not as nice as m7040's but same principle...

MAXPOWER 339075B Magnetic Wall Mount Blade Balancer​

The replacement of a ZT spindle is not cheap. On the Kubota 331 about 300 dollars I think. Rebuilt one with parts for 100 dollars or so. Keeping the blades balanced is good insurance

/ Good morning!!!! #156,679  
Neither has insurance.
That's a serious problem.
I learned my lesson the hard way.
I thought my house in Virginia was fully insured against fire, flood (though we are about 50' above nearest water level), storm damage etc. And my wife, the Lawyer, did also.

Then there was an earthquake on August 23, 2011. The earthquake was the third largest in the eastern US in the last 200 years. Collapsed a basement wall. Insurance wouldn't cover anything. Cost about 20K out of pocket for engineered approved repair.

Insurance company said it would only cost like $5/ month to have earthquake coverage added, which we did after the fact.

Also put earthquake insurance on our just bought houses in Mississippi, for like another $4/month.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,680  
GM all! TGIF
Going to 90º today. Better than 100 !
Hopefully the heat can settle down now. Waiting for my 220v outlet to cord adapter so I can weld in the barn instead of the garage. I'm just itching to get that rock bucket mod in action.
Comeon Amazon. lol. What did we do before internet and Amazon!? Hey there is a thread idea there.

Hope you all have a great day going into a great weekend.

Last edited: