Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,651  
IMG_1196.JPG

No rain in a month, the farm is getting dusty.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,652  
50F and clear @ 21:30, heading down to a low of 42F in the overnight. Thankfully, no rain since midnight ... (y)

Woman did some clean up work on the front side of the pole barn, I got about half that screened clay spread out and compacted. Pretty wet over there in spots.

We both worked on pulling up some remaining black locust roots from the trees that were removed previously, also were able to pull out one 3" stump (not black locust, maybe ash) that was right up next to the barn.

We knocked off mid-afternoon to go up to the rental place (who I haven't rented from before) to provide Drivers License and credit card.

They'll deliver a JLG 260 MRT rough terrain scissor lift tomorrow afternoon and then pick it up Monday morning:

uX5NS8dSqSggUD0a4Ywz.jpg

Should be able to get all the gutter work done over the next couple of days 🤞 ... plus some inside work (hang some more lights, etc.) as well. Might even do a little pole saw work on some higher branches over around the house time permitting.

Stopped at the Steak and Shake on the way back and grabbed a Frisco Melt, Fries, and a Coke and ate on the way home.

Also stopped at DG (for The Woman's Pecan Sandies) and the grocery store for milk and bread.

After we got home we went back to our respective tasks over at the barn until it got too dark to work. Pile of screened clay out front now almost half gone.

Had a bowl of Peanut Butter Swirl when I came in.

Looking forward to seeing some sun tomorrow (finally)

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #156,653  
Good evening all. 60ºF for the start, clear sky, windy. windy early, sky clear, and high temp was 80ºF. Bike ride to start day, then trip to Sherman to get Volagi wheel and lunch. Got home in time to nap, After dinner went out to put wheel on Volagi, won't go on bike correctly, have to talk to bike shop tomorrow. :(
Bill sorry about being under the weather. Hope you got truck cleaned out and can get back to the yard.
Buppies hope elbow is healing and digestive issues past. Hope you don't get too much rain, prayers sent.
Mike hope you here from BIL soon. Sorry about horse. Hope hay helps clear up issues. Sorry about continued insurance and lawyer woes.
Roy glad you are waiting till Monday. Good to hear more solid food.
Helogabals hope trip was successful.
Frits glad weedeating progressing. Sorry about the slow recovery. Sorry about the wrong pilot for hole saw.
Billy glad you are enjoying new blade balancer. Sorry about big toe.
Ken sorry about washing machine break down. Hope you can find more reliable one that keeps wife happy. Sorry about fall hope recovery quick.
Paul hate to hear about lack of cut Christmas trees. Sorry about the need for the roundup. Hope trip went safely.
Chris glad e-chainsaw working for you. Hope mowing went well.
Don hope you don't get to 90ºF.
Scotty sorry about back issues. Hope project works for you. prayers for your back
Helogabals so no worries about posting a screen showing you ignoring 90km/hr limit. Thanks for explaining readout.
Rich neat to hear race bike to make debut, sounds like good endorsement for your work.
David hope Dr visit went well. Hope H&F fun.
PJ that is the balancer I have.
Mark hope you had a good day.
Drew have been happy with mine, using it for years.
PJ glad your friends made it through the hurricane.
Thomas glad you got to grill sausages, interesting supervisor.
Chris sorry about the fertilizer. Glad lawn looks nice
David problems with eyelids, or just looks?
Drew with manure nobody wins. Sorry about not being able to enjoy music at dinner.
Kyle my experience was on stuff old 30 years ago. Neat about you friend finally getting a baby.
Don that is some serious dust.
RS glad rain is cooperating, nice lift. Hope you are productive with it.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter and family drama, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, , Roy /palpitations, /angina, /alligatoritus, /wife ankle,recover from getting sick, Billy /wife back & hip, mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /internal issues, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Frits/ daughters hip replacement /veteran son with mental issues, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Lou / eye issues, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife headaches, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /wife not feeling well, /marriage, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans and land purchase and development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery,Mike /spine injury and recovery, Scotty, /back pain, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,654  
I don’t like to complain about farm smells because I like to eat. But some does stink worse, especially the liquid manure.

IMG_6409.JPG

Nice sunset tonight. Getting much better with turbocad. Cabin has expanded into a house. This is what I got so far. Will be on a basement. Blank area behind kitchen is for stairs. But everything we need on main level, all 3 ft doors except closets. Didn’t draw doors yet on some closets.
cabin1.jpeg

I’ll probably mirror it, so side door will be on left, which is where barn / garage would go.
I am after cost cutting, so a basic rectangle, simple roofline. No fancy bump outs.
Original idea was to build part and add on later if we move. Now I’m thinking I’d rather get whole foundation done at once, and finish right side later. I have no idea what the county will allow.
Went with 2x6 exterior walls. Want cathedral ceiling in middle part. Might add 2 ft to the house to expand the middle section. That would add 56 sq ft.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #156,655  
Rear brake only. It is in the rules.

It is similar to speedway, but much larger tracks. Good riders actually do a lot of “braking” by sliding the front wheel going into a turn
Sounds mental 😱
Normally front brakes does 80 - 90 % of the job. For me, most of the time - even all 100 %. Cant imagine how it is to ride if moto is without them ... :oops:

Anyway - ritual time. :) Goodmorning all. Here +6 C, foggy, low chance of rain.
For today plan is to do some office jobs (end of the month) and make some arrangements for weekend

/ Good morning!!!! #156,656  
Daughter was working in Stuttgart Germany a couple of years ago and she was complaining about the size of the parking spaces as well with inches to spare in her Mercedes rental car. Also the apartment building she was in had an car elevator system to take the car up a few levels and it was also very tight
car.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #156,657  
Helogsbals I don’t think my truck would fit

46 high in 50s rain and more rain wind too guess we will see if they are right

Mostly stomach thing gone elbow not so much

Prayers for all Kyles family others silent or spoken people in Florida and SC our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #156,658  
Nice looking drawing BEF

/ Good morning!!!! #156,659  
51 outside this AM. Heading to mid 60's. Rain moving in after noon.

Managed to get the old window out of the Milk House yesterday. Should be a dump run this AM. The framing has some rot but the new window size will take care of that. All wrapped back up for the weather for the next few days.

BIL reported in. Says damage pretty significant. His house had minor flooding, minimal roof damage. FIL's house has a few walls caved in and parts of roof missing. Next door neighbor to FIL, house is gone. Have not spoken to FIL, ahh... he does not handle stuff too well. He is up here and was to go down on the 8th for the winter. Neither has insurance. This is going to add to the stress levels a lot more.

Looks to be an inside weekend. Guess I will dial it down a bit and take it easy.

Hope all have a good weekend, be safe, and get better health wise if needed.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,660  
good morning all

looking at pics this morning, pretty awful in FL. Probably one of the largest natural disasters they have had
Florida has enormous boating industry and looks like half the boats were ruined; ones taken out of water and put
on stands on hard ground look like they were washed away too, piled up on top of each other.

brother's daughter and family in Charleston are going to have a very wet day today as well as my old friends in Washington NC, at least three inches of rain, likely a lot more.
cloudy day here, rain coming in tonight and lasting for several days.

I finally got so sick of my plastic gas can cross threading, driving both me and the gas station in NJ (they have to pump your gas) nuts, so I bought a NATO spec
metal jerry can. Made in Latvia. My is that built nicely and looks like it will last forever. And it wasn't much heavier than the old one which surprised me.

have a ground breaking ceremony to attend today for a school addition, the ceremonial shovel deal, for about a 7M addition to school, new gym, science classrooms, etc. All stuff long in planning and whole school is excited. Have to wear my school board hat and attend, though I'm skipping the cocktail party/reception for donors afterwards at local estate. We try not to have alcohol for events on campus, and most of these donors aren't Quaker and want their wine and libations for sure. So we take them off campus and handle it that way.