IMG_1274.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #158,532  
Looks like Cypress Leland

1667743340330.png

/ Good morning!!!! #158,533  
Our Cypress Lelands will be planted Thursday. will take some pics to share

/ Good morning!!!! #158,534  
Morning, 72 going to 74 and rain on/off today

Got more leafs ground up and split another few loads of wood.
May have to figure out how to use the wood boiler if oil keeps going up in $.

My brother is getting his new knee tomorrow, he is very worried. I hope this goes better than expected.

Dog is upset dinner was put away

20221105_173822.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #158,535  
Newberry I’ll check when I get home

1873 Winchester or Umberti

/ Good morning!!!! #158,536  
Good morning to all! Low of 35°, going up to 62°. Sunny, breezes at 10-15 mph. Should be a nice day!

Don, thanks for posting the tornado video..... I know you Texas guys want to stop the influx of people moving in..... that is definitely a good deterrent!
My question: have anyone here that have lived all their life in Texas ever had a really, really close call with a tornado?

BEF, hope you sealed the leak. It's amazing how just a tiny hole will allow so much water to leak through.

Phil, neat woodworking project. I have always been amazed at guys making pens. I have never gotten into wood 'turning'. You have an amazing skill!
Hope you are able to fix the saw..... puzzling to say the least....

Drew, I grew up with listening to a "grandfather clock" chiming every hour.... it was one that chimed the hour with the appropriate amount of 'dings'. I actually liked it. We have an antique mantle clock, doesn't work, but it is interesting. We have always talked about getting it repaired, but no actual clock makers out here. About 40 years ago, some guy offered $5K for it.... I'm thinking that I should have taken it an ran.....
image.jpg
Thomas, take it easy with the leaf wrangling.... don't want to cause any issues...

Ron, beautiful sunrise!

Ken, how can you resist those eyes...... a snack was definitely deserved.....

Not sure of today's agenda, need to go pic up a prescription for sure. I normally got notifications for refills when they are due, but not this time.... only had 2 pills left for the week.... no notice at all.

The daughter and family will be heading down from Colorado, headed to Giddings Tx. for the week. She is dropping my MIL off here to stay. Should be an interesting week at this homestead......

It will be a busy week.... Tomorrow, the fiber internet guys are coming for the install, then the rest of the week: Max goes to the vet to get his teeth cleaned, the wifey and I both have eye Dr. appointments, then I have a cardiologist appointment.

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #158,537  
68°F and .02 inches rain

Dried out enough I got a few hours seat time, enough to finish this round of mowing.

I know many of you are chomping at the bit. Anxiously awaiting that 1st snow so you can get out and plow, blow, shovel. I’ll just start mowing again.

Nice dinner out with friends

Plan is to watch some football today, not much else.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #158,538  
On the trees on our side of the property line the plan is to fill in with firewood 6ft high and cover with a tarp. That way it gives privacy at least until using the firewood and it dries out the wood being nice and dry. Looks like for a 100 ft stretch it should be possible with perhaps a few poles in between and treated wood on the bottom. See video for idea

how-to-cover-firewood

/ Good morning!!!! #158,539  
Good afternoon, the lights just came back on after going out at 23:55 last night.
Low temp was 53 and the high to 54°F. Wind SW 14 mph. Mainly sunny.

I have a 'Boston' porthole clock which if I am not mistaken is made by Chelsea. It is right twice a day.
I also have a genuine Chelsea Ships Bell clock (it strikes the watches) , circa 1924, that according to the family legend came off the Kaiser Wilhelms yacht before it was sunk off Florida to make an artificial reef. It is right twice a day, also.

The last time I remember it being this warm in November, we were playing football on Christmas Day and by Feb. 1 were doing snow removal in Toronto, Ontario 1981 I think it was. We WILL pay for this fantastic weather. Mark my words.

Thanks all for the weather station suggestions. I will check on amazon.ca

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #158,540  
Since we’re talking clocks I built this one years ago from a kit.
IMG_6975.JPG

Made a slightly smaller one for my parents. I also made the doll case next to it.