Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,471  
27 going to 61. Now we're talking.

Buppies, those bucks have a one-track mind this time of year. Good song, BEF.

Happy Birthday to your wife, Phil. Those flowers and gifts look just right.

PJ, I am sorry for your weekend getting ruined by the mouse. You made such a nice studio. I am frequently fighting them. Can't figure how they get in, even into the vehicles. I use traps, but have to be careful in the shed and barn due to the Carolina wrens and chipmunks. We no longer have cats, but strays are around from time to time, and lots of foxes and hawks and owls.

Mostly, looking west meant I was thinking of the mountains. I couldn't resist, and hiked up Bear Church Rock. I think it is my 2nd favorite SNP hike. Then had a request to stop by Yoder's and pick up some things. It was very busy.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,472  
One of the views from The Bear Church...such clear skies, can see Old Rag in the far distance.
20221122_111521.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #159,473  
The orchard visit was almost a nogo, as we couldn't find the entrance. No sign, the GPS was off, and their voicemail was full and not accepting messages. On the last trip by I spotted a table up a driveway with what looked like boxes on it, and that turned out to be it. We poked around at the table for a few minutes before a gal about our age came out and started to tell us about her apples. Granny Smiths and Black Thorn. Then there were the walnuts, which were hulled but not shelled. They lost the old sheller in the Camp Fire, along with their home and lots of equipment, and the replacement sheller wasn't very good. But it was still much better than banging the shells open with a hammer, so we spent fifteen minutes working five pounds of nuts through it. The GS apples weren't as tart as I'd have liked, so we'll find out this morning how they taste in a pie. And in an apple crisp, via a recipe I found on the Jim Beam website.
That apple crisp recipe looks great, but I think I'd get drunk if I ate a slice. 😁

/ Good morning!!!! #159,474  
Was checking out the Mini-Ex yesterday after it was delivered back from the Kubota dealer. Turns out I did not know the controls as well as I should because there was nothing wrong with it except for programming the controls to do what I want. The aux hydraulics can be set for one way flow , two way flow. high flow, low flow etc to accommodate different attachments such hammer, auger, thumb etc.

IMG_1073.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #159,475  
23 outside this AM. Heading to lower 60's today. :)

Not much on the agenda. Did not make it into the woods with the chain saw. No activity on any game cams. Looks like my efforts on the owl box in the silo have not panned out.

I'd like to wash something today. Or spread some concrete. This warm weather is ideal for that, today at least. LOL.

Sorry about the studio and mice, PJ.

Being in the "country" and with an old home, they are a big issue here too. I use the eVictor "electric" traps. They go in, don't come out. Nice and clean kill. I use peanut butter for bait.

Hope all have a great day. If your on the road, safe travels. If your ailing, quick healing.

To all my GM friends, Happy Thanksgiving. To those not celebrating this American holiday, have a great day. And be safe all.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,476  
good Morning! God has granted us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

We are officially in cold weather mode: yesterday I stuffed 1/2” backer Rod into all the gaps around the double doors out the deck. What a difference it makes! One of these years they need to be replaced, but not this year. . .

Yesterday was a big push on house cleaning, even though Thanksgiving will be at mom’s instead of here. She threw out her back two weeks ago and she is still not feeling capable of Getting in and out of a vehicle, so we will roast the bird and drive it over and celebrate and Give Thanks.

25.8F right now, maybe it will get into the 50s today. The proposed itinerary for the day is (after breakfast) hit the gym, pick up mail at the box, pick up last-minute necessary items from the supermarket (including wine for brining Turkey), and the turkey from mom’s fridge. It would be nice to get to the woodlot later and see how the concrete set up on the relocated gateposts.

FYI the proposed itinerary will likely change after MrsKilroyJC awakes 😂🤣😂

/ Good morning!!!! #159,479  
29°F and clear skies this morning, going up to 60° today.

Had a terrible weekend. Got home Thursday evening and opened the studio door to find fallen ceiling tiles and water running onto several pieces of electronic equipment. Turns out a mouse had chewed and punctured the water line running to the refrigerator. The studio is directly under the kitchen. Talk about a real kick in the gut. Spent the next two days sucking up the water from the carpet, and two days with fans drying everything. Got the line repaired on Friday by finding the hole and cutting off that end section, since there was ample service loop. Spent the rest of the weekend cleaning stuff. The only bright side is that it afforded me the motivation to clean and reorganize in there. Not how I wanted to spend my weekend, but there it is.

Took Monday off as well, for an appointment ... the details of which I won't share here lest I jinx myself again.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving this week. Long been my favorite holiday.

Good afternoon, gents.
Horrible to hear about water damage - I always worry about the pea in our house. There are some definite advantages to copper in that respect. . .

/ Good morning!!!! #159,480  
Just got a call from Son. He tested positive from a alligator bite. Was looking forward to their visit. Thanksgiving dinner will still be at other sons place as planned.
Oh no sorry to hear that. Hope that he will recover soon