Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,691  
Good morning, low temp is 7 and high to 23°F. Wind E 15 mph. Snow this afternoon, overnight, all day Thursday and into Friday evening. Told you I would be paying for the lack of snow in November and December. But what can I expect, I'm in Northern Ontario and snow is what we get in winter.
I will probably plow it twice a day, morning 0700 hrs and around 1600 hrs in the afternoon depending on accumulation.

My Culligan water softener is rented, other than I refill (they will come out and do that too if I require it) the salt they supply no charge, they do all the maintenance on it.
The guy that delivers the salt makes sure we are the last ones on his route and he empties his truck on us...Perfect. That is usually 2 or 3 extra bags.

buppies, are you drinking LOTS of water? The more you drink the faster you will flush out whatever it is that has you down. You lose a lot of water when you woof your cookies (puke) or have the runs.

txdon, if you burn sage in Texas will the evil Californians leave? Send them to Saskatchewan, Canada they will find the weather much more to their liking after about 50 years there, maybe.

BEF, I usually look at the time stamp on either my phone or the PC to tell what day of the week it is. Even in the summertime when I am working.

I would roll into a truckstop when I ran stateside and holler on the CB what day of the week it was and get a reply that IF I maintained my log book I would know. My reply would always be that I know the number but not the day.

P-trap woes are still happening, but we are getting closer to a solution. We know what wont work.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #162,692  
Rip, that roof replacement job looks good and well underway. I like that the roof structure looks straight and not sagging. On mine they replaced the purlins with 1x6 oak boards to make sure the roof panels would screw into solid wood so it turned into a much bigger job but those panels are not going anywhere. On the old original roof on the corn crib building I have to add screws to hold the panels from time to time and still had a few panels blown off. It is overdue for a roof replacement. On the log cabin we replaced the roof with a raised seam roof that will last a century. It will outlive the next owner I think.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,693  
Good morning all, hope your day is getting off to a good start,
It is 36F under sunny skies after an overnight low of 30. Forecast high of 48, light winds and clouding up this afternoon.

Still can't find the paperwork we need, especially frustrating as we were reviewing it 2 months ago.

Equipment successfully moved.

Liz spotted another tree to take down before it falls down where new shop is going. Think I will tackle that tomorrow.

Hope to pull down and put away the last of the Christmas lights.

Have a good day everyone and be safe out there.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,694  
Not sure of temperature no more oops but nice head and chest cold aches all over but some better just tired. Drinking 8 bottle of water a day

Thanks for thoughts and prayers they mean alot

Prayers for all our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #162,695  
Morning all, 30 going up to 42 still cloudy.
Started some cleanup work on garage, bagging leftover foam bits and cutting out sealant overage.
Still more tape and seal to do, but getting there.

The NJ side of Washington's crossing is massive compared to the PA side. They did however just do a restore of many of the PA side buildings.
The WC bridge is extremely narrow and is always fun to watch people panic as they go across. I swing in my side mirrors on the truck, easy to damage them on that bridge.

Phil -hope the wife gets better, must be frustrated as can be
Buppies - please take care and rest

Be well,

/ Good morning!!!! #162,697  
Still moving along this AM.
Good to see the work finally underway, Mike. Hope the weather holds during the repair.

Spent most of the day in the office doing paperwork. Throwing out a few years worth of old receipts, photographing things damaged during the porch roof fiasco and tracking down replacement costs, and talking to the contractor about his $100k+ estimate for the repair. Holy smokes! He wasn't able to find matching roof tile, so that was a big part of the cost. He thinks he has to rebuild the chase for the woodstove pipe all the way to the foundation, too, or it'll just blow off again. Still no word from the insurance adjustor on her estimate.
Racing against the weather.
All estimates on these projects are outrageous. Trying to find materials, doubly so.
Underside of the roof looks in great shape, and the metal is much better than any on dad’s buildings. I’d have a basketball court inside.

Looks just like one down the road from me.
103 years young. Only a few boards needed replacement, mostly around where the silage use to be.
The space is amazing to me. Especially so in the light. LOL.

Rip, Is that a lightening rod on top of the milk barn with a glass bulb?
Yes, only a few left. Sadly.....

Rip, that roof replacement job looks good and well underway. I like that the roof structure looks straight and not sagging. On mine they replaced the purlins with 1x6 oak boards to make sure the roof panels would screw into solid wood so it turned into a much bigger job but those panels are not going anywhere. On the old original roof on the corn crib building I have to add screws to hold the panels from time to time and still had a few panels blown off. It is overdue for a roof replacement. On the log cabin we replaced the roof with a raised seam roof that will last a century. It will outlive the next owner I think.
They appear to have replaced "added" just a few around the silage area. But the overall wood structure appears to be very sound.

Today the abutted structure to the barn is coming down. Probably "attached" in the early 1970's. It was never dry underneath, flat roof and all. And it really detracted from the overall barn itself.

And for Drew, there are three projects going on on the Dairy Barn/ Milk House and abutted "garage".

The Dairy Barn is getting the new roof, the Milk House is a total renovation for livable space (all on me), and the "garage" is leaving the tax records. LOL.

The SO has mentioned siding the Dairy Barn now.... but we shall see how my back holds out after the Milk House is done. I need to finish that up, hookup Mr. Cool, trim the inside, and bust the bathrooms out for pipes and what not. That will require a jack hammer probably. The angle grinder is just not the right tool for the job. LOL.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,698  
I think we could have quite a party.

Ken, I no longer go over that bridge if at all possible.
Yes, lost a mirror on a company car there, driven over by some lady creeping over the center line.

a trip to Bowman's Tower is a must for visitors, hope it is open when you come. It's quite a hike to the top, and a bit claustrophobic at the top where it gets
narrower and narrower. The stone stairs go round and round and round. But quite the view.
I've walked those stairs dozens of times. No more.
This tower is about a mile from Ken's home.
It's what I grew up looking at.

the second pic is one of my favorite memories, with the JD with two tires on one side and one on the other.
These were local farmers trying to grow hay. Deer wrecked so much they didn't come back.
So we mowed and mowed.

1673446189739.png

Attachments

• IMG_1509 (1).JPG
    IMG_1509 (1).JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 62
   / Good morning!!!! #162,699  
I plan to visit the tower. We have been discussing a trip up there for over a year now, so now I have the time.
Was supposed to leave for Ohio an hour ago. I’m still waiting. She just came down and said “don’t say anything”. Lol.
I got a load of pellets in while waiting.
IMG_7584.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #162,700  
Towers are always interesting to visit. This tower was built in 1642 and was constructed with a spiral ramp winding up inside so you could ride a horse going up or pull a carriage

1673447915396.png