Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,712  
Good morning to all! Low of 31°, going up to 45°. Mostly cloudy, ominous clouds, but only a snow flurry so far. Not really expecting any precip, just high winds. Gusts to 50mph.

Pennwalk, I started seeing those traffic light /stop arm trailers out here about a year ago.... yep... eliminating flag people. They "talk" to each other, to switch from 'red to green' depending on which end of the construction zone has cars waiting.

Drew, decisions, decisions..... lots of possibilities out there. Tough to narrow all the options.

Buppies, continue to rest. Get better soon!

RNG, we had friends that were Native American. They would "smudge" our house every year with sage.... can't hurt right?

Five of the 'to do' items crossed off the list.... only 4 more to get done. Thankfully, nothing got added to the list -- for now.

Today's agenda is a run into town for a couple stops. First is a restaurant supply that's open to the public. That's were we get our meat and cheese. Bulk sizes, but about half the price of elsewhere. Most meats are in the 25-35 lb range chunks. We have to slice / cut it into serving sizes.
The second stop is Costco. Not too big of an order there, but I bet it will still go over the $200 mark.

Then pick up the 2 GS's at school.... they have an early dismissal today. They'll stay with us until their Dad picks them up after work.

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,713  
Big surprise here Monday. Robinsons General store here in Dorset, a big landmark for over 100 years, all of a sudden closed up shop, Without warning.

This is quite a famous store, voted Canada’s says best country store, and supplied a pretty much full line of groceries, plus a hardware store. Owned by the Robinsons family up until 2021, when they sold it to new owners, who have now closed due to financial problems.

Wow. This is where we get all our groceries up here at the cottage, and now the best place to go to will be Huntsville about 40 minutes away.

Just a big shock. The speculation is that the Robinsons family will take it back over, since they hold the mortgage, but who knows? This whole area needs that store.😢

/ Good morning!!!! #162,714  
Good Morning
Today started at 26 and will creep past 40 under clear skies.

Yesterday was another day of fingerprint frustration. While they assured me that their equipment was perfect, it could not scan either my self or my partner. They said it worked fine on three people before us. The only thing that we have in common is we are both past retirement age, and have well worn hands that have seen a lot of use.
Apparently the solution is to see if the local or state police can collect our fingerprints the old fashioned way and mail the cards along with an affidavit. We’ll see how that goes….
Prior to that failure, we did have a success with the installation of the defrost control.

Today I dropped off a Fujitsu condensing unit to my buddy’s equipment graveyard to start my day. Stopped at the lumberyard to see if there has been any movement in the supply of Baltic Birch. (Nope, still not available). So no speaker builds for the foreseeable future. I have a huge backlog of potential orders, but I won’t take an order unless I can deliver a finished cabinet.

Now it’s off to the auto parts store to pick up headlight bulbs for my daughter. I will likely have to supervise her while she installs them, I think that she is going to do an oil change as well, while she is in the shop.
Tonight is Airport Authority meeting, so the day is filling up fast.

I desperately need a freeze so I can load manure and get it out of here, we’ll start spreading it again in the spring.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,715  
The mini split proposal was a lot more than expected for a 15000 BTU unit. I had expected something on the order of two times the equipment cost but the proposal looks to be three times the equipment cost for half a days work to install and then it did not include the electrical work.
So wait for my shoulder to improve or go get other proposals? The contractor said that he was 4 weeks out to install so maybe it reflects he is not very hungry for new work?

/ Good morning!!!! #162,716  
66°F and no rain. Been a dry wet season so far, only .39 inches for the year.

Anchor bolts for my addition are all epoxied in place.

My 3 additional lithium iron phosphate batteries get installed today. Will give me a 25% increase in storage capacity. My attempt to somewhat future proof my system and extend their lifetime, maybe even past mine, by reducing their overnight drawdown to around 30%. Hopefully a rather quick install as I pretty much have it ready.

Need to go to Credit Union later, HD, and likely ash Sophie if she’d like to grab a bite somewhere.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #162,717  
Good Morning
Today started at 26 and will creep past 40 under clear skies.

Yesterday was another day of fingerprint frustration. While they assured me that their equipment was perfect, it could not scan either my self or my partner. They said it worked fine on three people before us. The only thing that we have in common is we are both past retirement age, and have well worn hands that have seen a lot of use.
I ran into the same issue two weeks ago. They ended up rubbing Corn Husker Lotion on my fingertips to get the machine to read my prints.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,718  
Now it’s off to the auto parts store to pick up headlight bulbs for my daughter. I will likely have to supervise her while she installs them, I think that she is going to do an oil change as well, while she is in the shop.
Getting her to do the work is great learning experience. Did that also when she hit the curb with the Subaru and damaged the front wheel and suspension. Had several chain falls hooked up to bring the mounting points back in position. She still talks about it several years later. Something like "never again xxxx"

/ Good morning!!!! #162,719  
Part of the saving is not to have to pay for hotel rooms and be able to cook food and save on restaurants. For a family that will make some sense. But at 300 to 400 dollars a day it may not financially make it a good deal for you
each choice has its positives and negatives. I can fly for 150 bucks. Clearly the best way.
I can take the train, with a sleeper room, for 3k. I need the rv for two weeks. Will be curious to see what they charge if they ever call back.
I can't drive the rv for more than five hours a day, which just makes the trip long. If I owned the rv, who cares. But if the meter is running,
an expensive meter, not sure this works. With two people driving, easy to cut trip time in half. But not all by myself.
It's why the train ticket still has some attraction, one day of my time and I'm there.

older brother sent me article on Amtrak train stuck on siding due to a rail freight derailment. Pretty sure it was the AutoTrain, not the one
I ride. But could be same track. As long as i have my own room, and bathroom, and they keep feeding me (I for sure bring my own food too)
sooner or later train has to get there.

went to market, bought megamillions ticket, which would have been helpful with a full cart of food.
found boneless chicken breasts on sale, bought big package, split it up and froze the packages. Can always use chicken for something.

eggs, whooeeee. Do you remember me complaining that egg growers were getting shafted, as well as milk producers.
Well my 2.39 eggs are now 4.89 eggs per dozen. Keep laying mama at forty cents a piece...
I now have two full dozen eggs in fridge. Use some for muffins, and more home made breakfasts.
I'm told they hard boil better if they are a little old. How old?
am totally dysfunctional when it comes to boiling eggs. Supermarket wants a buck an egg for hard boiled. Versus 40 cents.
Hmmm, seems I really need to learn how to do this. Lot of home remedies here. One person told me to bake them. ??

/ Good morning!!!! #162,720  
Popgadget, I think the FAA's Chief of Murphyism has arrived.

David, are they LifePo4s?
Epoxied anchor bolts, someone doesn't want to blow away. (y)