Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #163,761  
Seems 9 times out of 10 I drop the plug in the oil pan than try and find it. :rolleyes:

Only the crush washer dropped in the pan. I usually reuse them, but new filter came with new washer.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,764  
Good (late) morning! Low was 22°, going up to 45° today. Sunny, but strong breezes w/ gusts to 35 mph. Next chance for precip is next Wednesday.....

I still have 2 items on the list from 2 weeks ago.... both of which are outdoor tasks... trimming 12 trees and emptying 4 planters to retrieve the bulbs that are packed in there way too tight. Maybe over the next couple days the weather will cooperate with us.

Drew, sure, go ahead, rub in those mild temps..... Enjoy your stay!

RNG, do you have a range setup? Nothing like multiple gun shots going off to deter any airBnB from becoming 'unsuccessful'.... especially at all different times:eek::devilish:

Ken, hope your son does ok.... if he had any apprehension, he probably would have let it be known already.....

WNG, make sure you get us some good pics while you're out breaking in the boots!

Not going to make it into the shop today.... wifey wants to take a ride to Hobby Lobby.... she needs a restock on her craft / yarn supply. She gets preferential treatment! Maybe I'll have a chance later.....

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #163,766  
51° now cloudy.
Cleaned out pellet stove and brought another load of pellets to fill up the porch storage box.
Taking the ash pan to the garden to empty it, and a deer jumped out from beside the house. I looked to see if it had a young one there, didn’t see anything.
IMG_7795.JPG

Tiger laying on me. He’s only done that a couple times before, he’s not a lap cat. Pebbles is curled asleep in the rocking chair.
Was setting up a new video camera when Tiger first jumped onto my computer on my lap, then I removed the computer and he stayed.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,768  
33°F and partly cloudy this morning, supposed to get up to 52° today. It's 54° now.

Put up 25 ft of new fence this morning to separate the yard area by the walkout basement from the rest. Wife wanted to give the current foster dog (deaf and blind) a smaller place to run around. Nice weather for that kind of work. Sunny skies and still soft ground to drive the posts.

Was going to carry everything down there from the barn in the tractor bucket, but the battery was dead. Hmmm. I'd put the charger on it last weekend, apparently to no avail. Time for a new battery, I guess.

Happy (belated) Birthday, Bird.

Good afternoon, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,769  
Good (Sunday) morning. Overnight Low of 17C and it's presently 18C, overcast & calm with a smattering of rain. Nothing substantial in the gauge, but it's early.

Bit of a rough night/sleep overnight. Must be due to a weather front coming through... Niggling/annoying joint/body restless uncomfortableness, so I popped a couple of osteo-panadol and eventually drifted off.

I'm off to Church in a bit and that's about it for the day.

Take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,770  
41F and mostly cloudy at this point, was sunny earlier.

Saw four deer over in the woods on my way over to the barn.

Trip was successful - retrieved a bunch of smaller pieces of 3/4" baltic birch leftovers that I saved when I did the floor and sleeper bunk in the van back in '07 and stuck them in the garage. Also one good sized piece (25 x 36) that could possibly work for the bottom of a table saw sled. Need to inspect that one a little more closely.

The saw has non-standard miter slots (more like embedded t-track ... gee thanks Craftsman ... 🤬) and the rail on miter gauge that rides in the track is all kinds of sloppy and no real way to easily adjust it (beyond dinging it up with a center punch and see if that roughs it up enough to take out some of the slop) ... no way it's going to deliver a straight cross-cut.

Should have enough wood for the bottom and the fences for the sled ... plus plenty leftover for other jigs and fixtures.

Think I'll be mostly be going with a combo of dogs and dovetails for work-holding on the benches, fences, etc. MicroJig.

Although I did come home from Lowes the other day with 24 Jorgensen Pony F clamps ... :giggle:

Have got a good bit done on design-wise on the plans for a woodworking bench, planning to utilize the underside for storage.

Saw this system this Dutch fellow came up for workbench cabinets and drawers. It appears that it would be (relatively) low-cost, fairly easy to make, and is customizable. Here's a short video he made where he describes it:

He used MDF for parts of it ... something I will not likely do, due to lack of availability of certain thicknesses.

He's on the metric system so I've been working to convert it over to US unit that are comparable and make sense.

Really like the fact that it eliminates the expense for typical drawer slides which can be pricey.

Had another look at the router bits that I got with the router when I went downstairs earlier to grab a shower. Looks like most of them are Bosch with a few no-name imports which are rather exotic-looking. But the ones I'll most likely use (straight, round-over, rabbeting, and flush trim) are Bosch ... (y)

Just placed an order for Massca M2 Pocket Hole Jig System which I'll use on the workbench project.

Time to go see whether the movie the Woman is watching is any good ... and find out what's for dinner ... ;)