Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #164,311  
Another day working at church building. Got the new network cables coming down in the wall, cleaned up all the wiring so everything is now hidden.
New hdmi switch output works to existing 1080p projector, from computer close to the switch, but when I tried the computer from front of the building, on a 100 ft hdmi cable it doesn’t see the input. Will have to explore hdmi extenders for the long distance.
Installed new mixer. Just slightly different, each mic input has a redirect switch, so no sound till I discovered that. Will have to fine tune volumes. Rearranged some equipment in the rack.
Getting chilly out.
Recycle pickup managed to tear the axle and other wheel from the bin. They told me to leave can by the road and they would swap me for a new bin after it got collected.

Replaced top element in old water heater. Just a little bad.
IMG_7872.JPG

Haven’t found bottom replacement yet, it’s the longer one. I guess I could buy the shorter top one, same wattage.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,312  
32F and cloudy @ 06:30, calling for a high of around 41F for the day.

Woke up shortly after Buppies from the sound of it, coffee made and enjoying first cup (still)

Just fired off the torpedo heater so things are warming up out in the garage.

Made some decent progress yesterday.

Got the bags of sunflower, safflower, and whole corn all emptied out and put in their respective containers.

New shelving unit unbanded, assembled, and put it into it's spot + plus a little rearranging of that corner area done.

New clamp rack hung and clamps moved over from the pegboard.

And the resultant empty space on the pegboard promptly filled up ... :LOL:

Wound up with two sets of shelves, still have another one to do ... if I can get figure out where to shoehorn it in.

Anti-corrosion material removed from the table on the spindle sander and two coats of Simonize paste wax applied.

Spindle and belt/disc sanders both screwed down to the bench top so they won't wander.

Woman and I made the run up to Menards and got the return done and picked up the butcher block top. We also did a little grocery shopping while we there: we went by the grocery area on the way up to check out and something caught Her eye (She was hungry) and commented that it was a really good price. This is real progress as when I've previously suggested grabbing some grocery items at Menards She poo-poo'ed the idea. Can't think with the idea that a big box home improvement store would have food items and they would actually be FRESH ... :LOL:

Stopped at Freddies on the way home and grabbed a couple of burgers with fries. Would have been MickeyD's but they have quit offering all day breakfast apparently.

After we got back She headed over to neighbor's/friend's to do a little dog sitting while neighbor/friend was out of town.

I worked on more organizing/clean up in garage.

Part of that was putting up pegboard hook retainers that I had ordered from Amazon a while back. Really irritating to grab a tool off the pegboard and have the hooks come off with it.

Also unwrapped the counter top and started applying the Danish oil to it. Got three coats on one side:

Before I started that though I took the 6' Swanson level and checked it to see how flat it was. Could not pass a piece of thin card stock under it anywhere along the length, but was able to slip a single sheet of paper under it in places. Seems like the edges are a little higher than the center on this side.

Will be interesting to see whether the other side has a crown in the center or whether it is similar to the first side. Might require some sanding at some point if it's an issue but I suspect it probably won't be.

Later today I will probably flip it over and start oiling the other side.

By the time I finished up around 22:00 my feet and back were killing me, and that was after discovering yesterday that my boots only had one set of inserts in them and adding the second set. Hit the rack just after 23:00 and slept like a log.

Woman had me order Her a couple of items from Amazon the other day, so I went ahead and ordered a package of those interlocking foam anti-fatigue floor pads. Those are due in today so we'll see how it goes with those. Really should see if I can score a high barstool for cheap off Craigs so I can sit down more when I don't actually have to be standing.

As far as agenda for the rest of today goes, probably refill feeders since we now have something to fill them with.

Do some more design work on router and portable sanding table.

Speaking of "pimping out" your router table:

:LOL:

Possibly get back to the shower valve project.

Plus whatever else comes up.

Hope everyone has a great day ... (y)
That is absolutely amazing, rswyan! Never before have I seen such talent. Good for you!

/ Good morning!!!! #164,313  
That is absolutely amazing, rswyan! Never before have I seen such talent. Good for you!

:LOL:

If you were thinking that was me in that video ... it wasn't ...

;)

/ Good morning!!!! #164,314  
Haven’t found bottom replacement yet, it’s the longer one. I guess I could buy the shorter top one, same wattage.

Keep in mind that for a given wattage the longer the element, the lower the heat density is and the less they scale. Look at “ sand hog” type elements recommended for hard water as an example.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,315  
Thanks have tried lately to get better organized. When working there was little time and materials and tools ended up at the last emergency project. And many tools and materials were purchased again because I could not readily find it. And then don't forget all the "help"I had from the kids working on their projects. This is still in progress but starting to come together. At least like items are now in one place. And items stays where I put it last. Still have a row of full size cabinets full of stuff to go through.
I have 8 or 10 office supply cabinets stacked up that I will line one of the walls with and also have many storage steel modular racks with shelves not used yet
Such a nice shop. But we like tools. That is my problem, if I don't have a place to hang it, drawer it, or shelve it, I may never find it again. To make it worse, I have a place at the lake and tools there. If I can't find it, then it MUST be at the lake. One time I needed a palm sander. I found it 6 mos later and a DeWalt angle grinder - I now have two almost new ones because I couldn't find the first one.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,316  
Good (Tuesday) morning. Overnight Low of 8.6C and it's presently 21.9C, partly cloudy, fairly calm.

I started a roof gabling repair (water/rot damage) by first cleaning out the damage... there's always more damage than what it initially looks like. :rolleyes: Fortunately the section is still solidly attached, so I liberally applied 'wood hardener' and will let it cure for well over a day or two. Then it'll be wood-filler putty.

This morning I got up a wee bit earlier IOT go into town for that blood sample... then, after a couple of coffees and breakfast, I noticed that this test was a 'fasting' one. Bugger. Oh, well. There's always tomorrow, eh?

Looks like a trim & mow day.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,318  
I clamp them somewhere around the house, some in basement closet, garage, barn, or on the side of saw. I’m always looking for them, or I see them doing something else and think, I need to remember where that one is.

I haven’t started my battery tool rack yet.

Ordered hdmi over cat6 extender supposed to support 4k60hz.

Wish I had the space for tools some of you all have. My workbench is one 6 ft folding table.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,319  
I clamp them somewhere around the house, some in basement closet, garage, barn, or on the side of saw. I’m always looking for them, or I see them doing something else and think, I need to remember where that one is.

I haven’t started my battery tool rack yet.

Ordered hdmi over cat6 extender supposed to support 4k60hz.

That sounds like a cool device. Costly?