Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,751  
Morning all , 47 going to 66 and heavy rain.
Keep hearing from relatives and friends about heavy rains in Southern Cali,

Got some time to do pick up sticks and chipping yesterday, nice day to be out.

Drew-add to the adventure. safely got blown tire fixed without accident. Anytime something goes wrong and no real damage is better than the alternative.

Scaredy- be strong an know you will make it through, life suck sometimes, but grandchildren will be growing and you will get to watch them mature.

Sodamo - glad surprise party went so well, good work!

PopGadget - safe travels.

Back to day job, be well,

Only did 2 small areas, got a few of these plus some bigger branches.

pickupsticks.jpg

Now reduced to chips. The little chipped has worked well so far on anything up to about 3" and starts pretty easy. Still have the larger areas to do and need to move quite a few larger chip piles before they break down too much.
20230322_180617.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #166,752  
On a lighter note, Sophie has had me laughing since coffee this morning when she realized this is her last day being 69. Told her I’d welcome her to the septuagenarian club tomorrow.
LOL! I have 9 more days to be 69. (70th birthday is April 1.)😯

/ Good morning!!!! #166,753  
Good Morning all. We got 3" of snow overnight, with lightning and thunder (lightning alert came up my phone, dog alerted me before that, at 2AM). I had put the rear blade away just the other day. Forecast for the next three days is 43, 47 & 49. I'm debating whether to hook it back on and tear up my gravel, to clear it. I may try to just "lightly" scrape it... ??

/ Good morning!!!! #166,754  
Good morning, warmer today with light rain

Got 16 feet of flower boxes in yesterday. Still have to fill them up and plant them.
The sill inspection called off since they changed it to be inspected from the outside by taking down sections of the brick wall.
Also wanted 8000 dollars deposit and open ended fix - it contract. Don't think so

Strung a line for fencing at the property line to the neighbor and set some flags for fence poles every 8 feet. Have many 10 ft by 6 inch diameter poles to go in there

The Danuser PHD is mounted on the MF tractor already and the tiller is mounted on the other tractor ready for the garden plot.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,756  
55 and currently cloudy @ 10:00 but it's been raining on and off overnight. Looks like we got a little over a quarter inch. Heading up to around 60F for the high.

Need to refill the tube feeders, little guys have been hitting them hard.

Got all the drawer bottoms cut to length for the workbench and router table, plus the drawer frame fronts, backs, and sides all cut to length for the router table.

IMG_2341 copy.jpg

Some of those done for the workbench as well but still a ways to go on that one. Need to rip more 3/4 ply ... that I just buried on the storage rack ... and use the table saw ... which is also buried ... :LOL:

Also got the pocket hole jig positioned on its mounting board and the holes drilled to mount it, and got it screwed down. Now just need to map out where the recesses need to be routed and make up templates.

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #166,757  
Good Morning all. We got 3" of snow overnight, with lightning and thunder (lightning alert came up my phone, dog alerted me before that, at 2AM). I had put the rear blade away just the other day. Forecast for the next three days is 43, 47 & 49. I'm debating whether to hook it back on and tear up my gravel, to clear it. I may try to just "lightly" scrape it... ??
If you can turn your back blade like this )> then you will save a lot of your gravel. The arrow being the direction of travel

/ Good morning!!!! #166,758  
Good Morning!!!! 48F @ 7:00AM. Cloudy early, then off and on rain showers for the afternoon. High 59F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
After today we get a dry weekend, then more rain to start the week.
Lake Oroville is still over Top of Conservation (TOC) storage, indicating that they're trying to hold on to flood management water. This early in the rain year, with so much snow load in the Feather River basin, I worry that's a bad idea.

If those are right angle extension valve stems, Drew, my experience is that they often fail. Better to carry an extension piece and screw it onto the regular valve stem only when adjusting air pressure, and keep it in the glove box the rest of the time. You got lucky on road service; my last round took more than 24 hours. Yes, I complained, and got crickets in return.

Funny story about the MH trip, Bill. Sorry your mom didn't think so.

Got a call from another neighbor asking of my security cams had caught any packs of dogs running together. It seems he's lost a calf and a cow to dog packs, and other neighbors have lost livestock, too. And last week on the old boat launch road below the house here, a homeless guy that was supposedly camping down there let his dogs loose on another neighbor that was hiking down there. Fortunately that neighbor had a cattle prod with him, so he wasn't hurt. In the video from the gate camera, I saw the homeless guy go down the boat launch road in a gold colored Suburban, then a few minutes later, the hiker followed. Saw the Suburban leave, but not the hiker. Video wasn't clear enough to get a license plate, as the camera is focused mainly on my driveway entrance. But body damage on the Suburban should be enough for a positive ID if it's ever located, and now the rest of the neighborhood knows what to watch out for.

Yesterday I had still gotten zero replies to four requests for van price quotes. So I found the sales manager's email on the dealer's website that had the best feature match, emailed him, and got nothing back from that. Then I tried the instant text message service, and still nothing. I guess today I'll try calling them to see if anybody answers the phone. Business must be good at Ford because they act like they don't need my money...

Hang in there, gang, Friday's comin'!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,759  
Good Morning - currently 61° going to 80°

Drew - sorry you had tire problems - hopefully this trip will work out any future problems, so the rest of your trips will be a breeze..

David - Happy Birthday to Sophie.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Mark