Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,851  
Those used to be the queen of tablesaws, RS, but I bet you knew that.

That is my (recently acquired) understanding as well.

Last one I saw (no pun intended) was going for about a K buck, but it was all together and running.

Yeah, prices for them are all over the place, depending on the condition and the vintage.

I’ve seen newer(ish) ones with asking prices approaching $3K.

And older ones - that looked like they had been rode very hard and put away soaking wet - with asking prices around $400 to $500 (and more)

And some really old (WWII era) ones that were in great condition (likely beautifully restored) with asking prices around $1200.

There’s no shortage of them in the MI/PA/IN/OH area.

Shouldn't take much to get that one going.

I think so.

Bearings and gears in it seem good at first blush.

If that turns out to be the case, I’ll probably give it a good cleaning and lube, fix a few known issues and try to get it in service pretty quickly.

Are you going to run it on 3-phase?

Yes that is the plan.

Planning on using a VFD to convert 220 single phase to three phase.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,852  
As promised, puppy pix:

3B1A20CF-939E-4B7B-AF68-F7C15E31F9D3.jpeg
D8D5DD97-7D50-458A-A581-624F463C8853.jpeg
D93681BF-6AE0-46C3-B745-4985FA36A2B0.jpeg
861869A4-7ACD-4AE3-90F5-64E53E20EE5D.jpeg
761B0274-63D2-496D-AE35-F4E01FEE64ED.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #166,853  
Got saw unloaded and stowed away in the shop.

Woman felt like Her presence was required and the extra eyes came in handy as I was getting the pallet forks where they needed to be to slide the cabinet body of the machine onto them.

She also helped by climbing up in the back of the van and pushing some of the components to back so I could load them into the bucket to move them around to the overhead door and then bringing up one of those 4' LED lights I got from Menards awhile back on Her way out to the grocery store so I'd have some better lighting.

A look down into the cabinet with the table off:

IMG_2343 copy.jpg

Lots of white powder, maybe cutting lots of melamine ?

I'll be interested to see what kind of shape that blade is in ... since it looks like a lot finer cut blade than anything I currently have in 10".

Rest of the pieces/parts, including a nice Square D cutoff switch which looks pretty new:

IMG_2346 copy.jpg

Main table and extension wings:

IMG_2347 copy.jpg

Decided to hit it and hand sand with a little Blaster and some 500 grit silicone carbide paper just to get a little better idea of what was underneath:

IMG_2348 copy.jpg

Doesn't seem too bad.

Fired up the compressor, dug out the HF jitterbug and hit it with some (previously used) fine emery cloth that I had used when I redid the top end on the Sprinter engine.

One of the extensions (before):

IMG_2350 copy.jpg

And after:

IMG_2351 copy.jpg

That wing actually looks like it has a hairline crack along the outer edge:

IMG_2352 copy.jpg

Probably something to be mindful of while handling the wing or moving the saw around once it's back together.

Looks like it had a splitter at some point, possibly one of those Delta pop-up splitters ... unfortunately the splitter itself is MIA:

IMG_2356 copy.jpg

Will have to ask about that, maybe jog the seller's memory.

Left side of the machine with the tilt wheel:

IMG_2357 copy.jpg

Front of the machine with the blade height wheel, tilt gauge, and new stop switch, cord will need a new plug:

IMG_2358 copy.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #166,854  
Where things ended up this evening when I knocked off as far as the clean up on the table and extensions:

IMG_2359 copy.jpg

Next on the agenda will be to hit the mating surfaces on the sides of the center table and extension wings with the jitterbug and dig into the clean out of the miter slots/t-track.

Might see if I can scare up an unused piece of fine emery cloth and hit the tops again.

I did measure the rectangular tube on the Biesenmeyer fence and it does appear that it is the commercial version of the fence not the homeowner version (although it is the shorter one I believe) ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #166,855  
Good evening all. 56ºF for the start, 1.5 inch in rain gauge, Thunderstorms, and light breeze. Moderate wind, peaks of sunshine late in day, and high temp was 69ºF, low temp at 1PM, 54ºF. Slow start too wet to bike, worked on clean up garage. Headed for Sherman to get new UPS, lunch and books and bike bearings. Wife did a little shoe shopping but nothing fit the way she wanted so no luck there. No luck at bike shop either, 3/32 ball bearing not common, will order thru Amazon. Got nap in and UPS installed after dinner, I put new larger UPS on my system with router, and passed mine down to wife computer.
Bird I got 1.5 inch of rain plus what ever fell after the morning read and empty the gauge.
Frits glad you got hose fixed.
Ron sorry some branches still frozen down. Hope shopping was successful. We had mallards nest in bushes in front of house, critter got eggs. nice pic
Billy too bad too much wind to hike. hope you had good day indoors.
Buppies hope you get rain soon. prayers sent.
Kilroy hope new puppy day was good. Good to hear chicken happier.
Phil Happy Birthday! Hope you get good results. Is your wife sounding any better? Good luck with bandsaw project.
Spike hope you got some rain, Central Texas did not look too wet this morning. great pic. I remember the DC-3 that were the first gunship.
Drew I grew in a house that backed up to Norfolk and Western double track :) I missed the fact that the sensors were on end of valve stem, my bad. Hope no much else gives you fits.
Mike sorry about the beer issue, I had to learn to drink canned beer, bottles on canoe trips were no-nos. Glad mud work progressing.
Ken hope son has good trip. I bet my pedal work is easier than the steering head work :).
Thomas did the critter let you know you were late? Hope weather prep done.
Paul glad trip was good. What ever came of the engine failure a while back? Hope you mad progress on splinter and speakers.
Frits they did not sound like good dating material.
RNG good luck on offer. Hope you ca get some outside work done during the break in the rain.
Don hope you got some rain out of front. Sorry to hear Whipper is doing poorly.
Ted hope you get more precip, sorry about the winds.
Mark hope good visit with your mom, and rood looks good.
RS glad guardrail for scaffolding will work out. good luck with VFD on 3 phase motor. And the the restoration product.
David hope mowing and H&F both went well.
RS looks like good bones.
Kyle those are big calipers(clock) !
Dennis plenty water in the creek, Nice pics
More tomorrow!
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /loss of brother, /heart issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's and David's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's healing from surgery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,856  
Drinking first cup of coffee. 33° with light rain this morning. Heading to 48° with continued rain. Got my shopping done with no problems. GD dropped off her dog for me to take care of while she goes on a short vacation. Allie moved like she belonged. Sassy does not think this is a good thing. Hope she settles down in a short time.
Helped neighbor tear down a second store deck from his house. Sawzall made the job very easy. I am sure it will not be as easy to put back up.
No plans for today yet.
ArpA7jJ.jpg

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,857  
47 today presently strong storms very close now will see how much rain we get

Nice pup kilroy sorry about no joy for woman’s shoes mostly

Glad trip is going well Drew

Prayers for all our Country Ukrainian people

Nice table saw find rswyan

/ Good morning!!!! #166,858  
Good morning to all. Cool start 56 degrees heading to 80. The last front produced nothing but a few sprinkles. The ground is bone dry and everyone is getting that "another drought" feeling. :cry:

Still my favorite Close Air Support aircraft, the USAF has fielded the Super A-10 (A-10C) Warthog with upgraded avionics for use with precision weaponry.

A good day to all!

1679739524645.png

/ Good morning!!!! #166,859  
mostly_gas said, "Bird I got 1.5 inch of rain plus what ever fell after the morning read and empty the gauge."

WOW . . , I only got about .59" but that was great to have that happen right after I spread the Scott's Weed & Feed on the yard.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,860  
Good evening all. 56ºF for the start, 1.5 inch in rain gauge, Thunderstorms, and light breeze. Moderate wind, peaks of sunshine late in day, and high temp was 69ºF, low temp at 1PM, 54ºF. Slow start too wet to bike, worked on clean up garage. Headed for Sherman to get new UPS, lunch and books and bike bearings. Wife did a little shoe shopping but nothing fit the way she wanted so no luck there. No luck at bike shop either, 3/32 ball bearing not common, will order thru Amazon. Got nap in and UPS installed after dinner, I put new larger UPS on my system with router, and passed mine down to wife computer.
Bird I got 1.5 inch of rain plus what ever fell after the morning read and empty the gauge.
Frits glad you got hose fixed.
Ron sorry some branches still frozen down. Hope shopping was successful. We had mallards nest in bushes in front of house, critter got eggs. nice pic
Billy too bad too much wind to hike. hope you had good day indoors.
Buppies hope you get rain soon. prayers sent.
Kilroy hope new puppy day was good. Good to hear chicken happier.
Phil Happy Birthday! Hope you get good results. Is your wife sounding any better? Good luck with bandsaw project.
Spike hope you got some rain, Central Texas did not look too wet this morning. great pic. I remember the DC-3 that were the first gunship.
Drew I grew in a house that backed up to Norfolk and Western double track :) I missed the fact that the sensors were on end of valve stem, my bad. Hope no much else gives you fits.
Mike sorry about the beer issue, I had to learn to drink canned beer, bottles on canoe trips were no-nos. Glad mud work progressing.
Ken hope son has good trip. I bet my pedal work is easier than the steering head work :).
Thomas did the critter let you know you were late? Hope weather prep done.
Paul glad trip was good. What ever came of the engine failure a while back? Hope you mad progress on splinter and speakers.
Frits they did not sound like good dating material.
RNG good luck on offer. Hope you ca get some outside work done during the break in the rain.
Don hope you got some rain out of front. Sorry to hear Whipper is doing poorly.
Ted hope you get more precip, sorry about the winds.
Mark hope good visit with your mom, and rood looks good.
RS glad guardrail for scaffolding will work out. good luck with VFD on 3 phase motor. And the the restoration product.
David hope mowing and H&F both went well.
RS looks like good bones.
Kyle those are big calipers(clock) !
Dennis plenty water in the creek, Nice pics
More tomorrow!
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /loss of brother, /heart issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's and David's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's healing from surgery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.
Well, we already have puppy stories… the enclosure is worthless. At 13 weeks old he was already trying to mount our other dog. He does not like being in a crate, and is extremely vocal about it, so we took tuns on the couch sleeping with him. He will have to be crated while we are in work, so we will only do 3-4 hours OT today.

”Cute” is a survival trait!