Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,862  
Good Moning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

Puppy!

his new name, “Harry Houdini” which we decided on the first day we saw him at the shelter last week is totally appropriate, and the enclosure I made in the living room is merely a minor obstacle to his desire to be elsewhere.

He does not —NOT— like being in the crate, and is quite vocal in his dislike. Quite operatic, and I can only imagine how he will be when he gets his full vocal range.

but he is a cute little bugger!

E5F2C20D-27A2-4A9A-A624-C7D240D33966.jpeg

He will have to be in the crate while we are out, our other dog Bailey will have to suffer the audible assault.

I hope everyone has a happy healthy safe peaceful blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,863  
27F over cast mid 30's for high,rain arriving early afternoon than 1-3 inches snow turning back to rain over night,should make for sloppy mess. 🙄

Outside chores done on time and E muffin afterwards. :)

Plans for today...quick trip to town,little seat time on Kubota try and bucket out driveway gravel from snowbanks 🙄 looks like slow motion afternoon may sneak in undetected nap. :)

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,865  
45 going to 74, and more rain, but at least I got the birds fed during a pause. Gobblers are noisy this morning.

Don, hope Whip is doing better today.

Kil, congrats on that handsome new puppy. I'm sure Harry will produce thousands of smiles on your face.

Nice new saws, guys! Be careful.

Got a nice section of the AT hiked yesterday. Not too far, but very steep. Met a nice thru-hiker and her dad from New England. They had just started the day before at the James River Face Wilderness, about 12 miles south of me. Fortunately, the rain held off, only got a short sprinkle.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,868  
Good morning, the low is 25 and the high to 32°F, Wind E 17 gusting to 24 mph. Snow!
5:33 AM EDT Saturday 25 March 2023
Snowfall warning in effect for:
North Bay - Powassan - Mattawa
West Nipissing - French River
Significant snowfall expected today into Sunday morning.
Hazards:
Snowfall amounts of 15 to 20 cm. That is 6 to 8".
Reduced visibility in heavy snow and local blowing snow.

Timing:
Beginning late this morning or this afternoon.

Discussion:
Snow and local blowing snow is expected to impact northeastern Ontario with 15 to 20 cm (6-8") of snow expected by Sunday morning. Some areas may also receive ice pellets mixed in with the snow, which could reduce the total snowfall amount.

And the usual common sence warning that nobody pays attention to;
Prepare for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions. Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become difficult to navigate due to accumulating snow. If visibility is reduced while driving, turn on your lights and maintain a safe following distance.

I will join all the idiots going out when we have been warned about a storm. I will try to get in the way of the road polishers as much as I can. Need cookies. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #166,869  
good morning all
72 in Delray Beach FL
woke up at 5am, normal time, and for once went back to sleep for two more hours. Shows how tired I was.

beautiful weather here, too dry for the locals actually, lot of sprinklers running. My friends/hosts have beautiful plantings, bird of paradise and bromelaids with exotic flowers. Nothing I can grow at home for sure.

not sure what we are doing today, working on second cup of coffee.
Plenty of coffee in this house....considering they own a coffee business.
hope to take some pics today.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,870  
Good Morning!!!! 40F @ 5:00AM. Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. High 59F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph.

Caught another Ford dealer advertising a Transit they didn't have in stock yesterday. Apparently not many of them update their websites to reflect current inventory. Makes for a lot of wasted time on the part of paying customers. Puts a big shadow of doubt over all the online websites that are supposed to be tracking inventory levels. It's all for naught if the dealers don't update their information. Garbage in, garbage out.

Can't get a fire going under the real estate agent to come up with some comps for the property I'm considering, but I did get a request into the county planning department asking about a possible subdivide. They said it might take as long as a week to decide. In this market, the property will probably sell before then, but that might be the best outcome, as there are a lot of ways for this deal to go sideways.

Got a knock on the front door around noon yesterday, a rare event considering that the locked gate has prominent No Trespassing signs on it. It was the local fire department coming to do an on site inspection for a burning permit I'd applied for. It's a new requirement, and didn't cost anything but a few minutes of my time to show them my setup and satisfy them I wasn't going to burn down the neighborhood. Got my permit via email a few hours later, printed it out, and added it to the stack under the magnet on the refrigerator where it's easy to find if anyone in authority needs to see it in a hurry.

Might be a good day to get some RM43 sprayed if I can get an early start and beat the wind. All the rain we've been getting has been raising a healthy crop of weeds.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!