Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,891  
60F and "Fair" (really ?) @ 16:15 but with wind really howling, currently under a Severe Thunderstorm Watch.

Had a Lightning Alert about an hour ago from Weatherbug. A number of limbs and trees have fallen already, Woman says one stripped the branches off one of the arborvitaes over on the west side.

Have found a VFD on Amazon I think I'm going to go with that seems well-rated and is reasonably priced, just need to check the specs on the plate on the 3 phase motor to make sure the model I order has sufficient output.

Also found a really great video from a good old boy that explains the set up which is key because I understand the documentation (probably in Ching-lish) ain't for **** ... :giggle:

Now need to start looking for an enclosure to mount it in.

Still trying to figure out the best mounting solution. From an environmental perspective, ideally I would wall-mount it in the basement - which is heated and cooled conditioned space. But that seems like it could be an issue in terms of easy access to the controls.

One Unisaw owner chose to mount his (unenclosed) directly on the saw:

... but I'm not sure how good an idea that is, given that the saw will be living in the garage which is not really a conditioned space.

I may have enough 14-3 wiring to run the power from the box in the basement out to the garage, assuming that 14 gauge wire is sufficient for the power draw.

Current thoughts would be to run the power from the breaker box in the basement out to that Square D switch box that can with the saw mounted on the wall. Then run power from that to a proper twist-lock receptacle wall-mounted under the switch.

From there I can run the power from the receptacle to the VFD mounted on the saw using the proper twist-lock plugs and receptacles using some SJOOW cable.

I have a miter slot track that came with the corresponding t-track that I ordered for the router table. Need to take that t-track up when I go and see if it fits the slots on on the saw's table.

Probably also take up some polishing/rubbing compound and a gallon of water so I can have a go at the cabinet and see how it's going to clean up.

Temperature has already started to drop and is headed down to around 33F overnight so might as well take advantage of the warm temps to be able to heat the shop easily.

Not going to mess with refilling any feeders with the way the winds currently are.

Sty under my eyelid seems to be almost gone.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #166,892  
Good morning! 41˚F heading to 80 clear skies.
Whipper walked outside labored and is not eating, she is getting lots of love.

At the "Farm" this weekend is the "Breakfast with the Easter Bunny" starts along with the Easter egg hunts, kids and adults, and its the last weekend of the baby animals. A pretty day for all the activities.
Please give Whipper love hugs for me.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,894  
60F and "Fair" (really ?) @ 16:15 but with wind really howling, currently under a Severe Thunderstorm Watch.

Had a Lightning Alert about an hour ago from Weatherbug. A number of limbs and trees have fallen already, Woman says one stripped the branches off one of the arborvitaes over on the west side.

Have found a VFD on Amazon I think I'm going to go with that seems well-rated and is reasonably priced, just need to check the specs on the plate on the 3 phase motor to make sure the model I order has sufficient output.

Also found a really great video from a good old boy that explains the set up which is key because I understand the documentation (probably in Ching-lish) ain't for **** ... :giggle:

Now need to start looking for an enclosure to mount it in.

Still trying to figure out the best mounting solution. From an environmental perspective, ideally I would wall-mount it in the basement - which is heated and cooled conditioned space. But that seems like it could be an issue in terms of easy access to the controls.

One Unisaw owner chose to mount his (unenclosed) directly on the saw:

... but I'm not sure how good an idea that is, given that the saw will be living in the garage which is not really a conditioned space.

I may have enough 14-3 wiring to run the power from the box in the basement out to the garage, assuming that 14 gauge wire is sufficient for the power draw.

Current thoughts would be to run the power from the breaker box in the basement out to that Square D switch box that can with the saw mounted on the wall. Then run power from that to a proper twist-lock receptacle wall-mounted under the switch.

From there I can run the power from the receptacle to the VFD mounted on the saw using the proper twist-lock plugs and receptacles using some SJOOW cable.

I have a miter slot track that came with the corresponding t-track that I ordered for the router table. Need to take that t-track up when I go and see if it fits the slots on on the saw's table.

Probably also take up some polishing/rubbing compound and a gallon of water so I can have a go at the cabinet and see how it's going to clean up.

Temperature has already started to drop and is headed down to around 33F overnight so might as well take advantage of the warm temps to be able to heat the shop easily.

Not going to mess with refilling any feeders with the way the winds currently are.

Sty under my eyelid seems to be almost gone.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday ... (y)

Automation Direct is a good place for VFD's, electronics and enclosures and terminal strips.
1679776185828.png

/ Good morning!!!! #166,895  
Soooo, already mastered owner manipulation
I am (and have been) a lousy sleeper to big in with. . . I needed my sleep.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,896  
32F...old man winter stop to say hi 🙄 1/2" snow on/off rain 1 maybe 3 inches most of the storm exiting around 9pm,rest on/off snow over night.

Gott everything done I wanted little more,tippy toe to couch for nap but one kitten was waiting for me in her spot,beteen her cuddling purring not much of nap.

Evening plans...fryolator will be little busy soon onions,fries,chicken tenders,later on feet up good ole movie.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,898  
54 partly cloudy raining this morning but dry now.
Came back from WV through Harpers Ferry and drove along the B&O canal on the way home. Passed a very nice barn on the Maryland side close to Harpers Ferry, see attached picture.

RS that saw will be nice when you are finished setting it up.

Don hope Whip will pull through.

Wng we had a tall Cherry tree hit by lightning close to the house and it was very loud and instant to the lightning.
IMG_1714.jpeg
IMG_1205.jpeg
45b0ee07-9bff-4051-9608-5dbdc96a8d84.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #166,899  
Good (Sunday) morning. Overnight Low of 7C and it's presently 8.9C (going up to a predicted 21C). Clear & calm.

Apparently there were Southern Lights last night but there were light clouds so, if it was so, I missed'em.

Well, I'm off to Church in awhile and then the rest of the day is His.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,900  
Soooo, already mastered owner manipulation

Yup. We are learning more in puppy kindergarten about training humans than training dogs. For example when Zoe is so excited to meet a new person, she will jump on them uncontrollably to lick them and make a fuss. If they turn their back to her and ignore her, she will sit in front of them to get the petting and attention that she wanted in the first place.