Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,911  
Good evening! 46° now, was as high as 66° earlier.

Been extremely windy today. Gusts up to 45. Power has been out several times, longest was over an hour. Went to get gas just in case, got the gas, but couldn’t pay. The system was down. Good thing they know me, have to stop in tomorrow.

We went to the hog roast and auction for the local VFD. Had to detour to get there due to downed trees and power lines. Some of the stuff at the auction went high. Power went out there too, but for only a few minutes.

Hopefully weather is quieter tomorow.

Everyone stay safe out there

/ Good morning!!!! #166,912  
Late posting today.... low last night was 24°, and a nice dusting of an inch of snow. Never got above 38° today. The wind has been consistently gusty since last night and all day today.

The quarry called me at 08:00 and informed me the gravel delivery was "on it's way"..... duh! He's sitting in the driveway..... So --- another gravel fix.....

Wasn't getting the tractor out in the wind and cold. At least the gravel is here for me when I'm ready.....

Wonder what ever happened to Eric Salop? Hope he's ok.

Don, give extra hugs and scratches to Whipper....hope she gets better.

RS, nice score on the table saw! It's cleaning up nicely.

Kilroy, cute pup! The wifey loves his name!

Drew, please stop rubbing in the temps you are enjoying! Awaiting some pics now......

Thomas, sounds like a really good plan for the evening! Our menu was slightly different.... indulged in some Philly cheesesteaks and beer battered fries.

Daughter and family on their way back up to Colorado.... just left. They have a 4 1/2 hour drive ahead. She got called into the clinic tomorrow. Other provider that was covering her shift called off.....

Everyone have a great evening!
And he is living up to it! But he is already starting to learn his name and is most times responding (or at least reacting) when we call.

we just had our first “oops” - I guess he needs to go out IMMEDIATELY after eating… input causes output. So now the area rug under the dining room table has a nice dusting of cayenne. Won’t he be surprised next time he goes up under there! (Mrs and I watched Cool Hand Luke night before last, and I was inspired by it).

/ Good morning!!!! #166,913  
41F @ 22:15 and the wind is still blowing.

Woman made Her Chicken Paprikash yesterday so I took a break and came down for a bowl.

Also needed to grab the Goo Gone, some more rags, and a refill on the coffee. Seems that someone in the ownership chain was a fan of duct tape.

Shop was a toasty 77F when I left, will head back up there shortly.

Measured the power cord on the saw, looks to be a little over 15' long. Might be a little short, would have been nice if it would have been 5' longer.

Initial wipe down done on the front and left side of the saw cabinet, also a little work with some polishing compound.

Front side after removing the raise/lower hand wheel for the blade and some clean up:

IMG_2362 copy.jpg

Left side prior to initial clean up:

IMG_2363 copy.jpg

Crud around the blade tilt hand wheel:

IMG_2365 copy.jpg

After removal of said hand wheel, a wipe down, and some minimal effort with a little polishing compound on the upper portion of the cabinet:

IMG_2367 copy.jpg

Also got the Square D disconnect switch and the Biesenmeyer fence components their initial clean ups:

IMG_2366 copy.jpg

The fence components have a number of chips in the paint, I'll probably touch them up if I can find a suitable color match, along with lightly wet sanding all the painted surfaces on the fence components with that 500 grit silicone carbide paper ... just to clean off any crud.

Plate on the motor was pretty scratched up, thinking that the FLA number might be 7.8A from the looks of it:

IMG_2360 copy.jpg

IMG_2361 copy.jpg

Did confirm the motor is a Baldor (lower lefthand corner two pictures above)

Given that I have the info above on the motor, I can probably look up the specs for it online and confirm.

Bearings in the motor and the arbor feel really good ... they are smooth and quiet, and don't feel like they have any slop whatsoever.

Assuming there aren't bad conditions that rear their ugly heads while under power at speed, probably the only thing I'll do to the motor is pull the bolts and separate the ends slightly and blow out any sawdust inside.

Then I might take a shot at repainting it.

Back to the salt mines ...

/ Good morning!!!! #166,914  
Good evening all. 42ºF for the start, .2 inch in rain gauge, patchy fog, very light breeze. For lifted in just over an hour, Clear sky, high temp 72ºF. Bike ride to start morning, 69+ miles air speed 13.32 mph. Lunch then nap. Dinner at mexican restaurant.
Posts 6PM Friday:
Thomas sorry about the extra raking. Hope evening went according to plan.
Randy(wag) nice weather, hope you can win the battle with the thistles, replacing cap sounds like never ending job.
Phil nice job on the saw.
RS good luck with saw, hope bearing in good shape.
Kilroy nice puppy pics.
RS nice saw pics, cleaning up nicely
Saturday morning posts:
Ron glad shopping done. Have fun dog sitting, hope Sassy gets over it. Glad you got deck down with no one hurt. Nice woodpecker
Buppies wife wants step in shoes, did not like how sketchers fit. Hope not too much rain, and not too fast. prayers sent.
Spike sorry about no rain. neat A-10s.
Bird my neighbor that I ride with said he got .5 inch at his Denton house.
Kilroy sorry about reality setting in hope puppy survives :) nice pics
Thomas thought you were going to shut off snow valve. Hope gravel recovery was successful and you managed undetected nap.
Billy glad you got hike in with only sprinkles. neat pics
Bill have fun plowing. Hope you got needed cookies :)
Drew glad you got some extra sleep. Enjoy the nice weather, good to hear plenty of good coffee :)
RNG sorry real estate deal not progressing well. Glad you got your burn permit. Hope RM43 application went well.
Don sorry Whipper is not eating again, good to hear she is getting lots of love. prayers sent. Hope seat time at the Farm was good.
Don nice pics.
Paul glad operation was successful. Glad you won battle with grille cloth. Zoe looks like she wants to be a lap dog.
Gstrom glad you found the loose neutral connectors. Hope foaming going well.
Ken sounds like nice night out in New Hope. Had a Dual turn table for a long time.
Drew thanks for link to turntable, I think mine was 1215.
James hope you can enjoy your snowstorm. Good to hear grocery reopening.
Kyle nice you still have your turntable. Glad your story had happy ending. Hope reconciling goes well., Congrats to son running good relay leg.
David good to hear mowing done, progress on tax paperwork, Sorry about H&F. Hope slider install got finished and Birthday lunch for Sophie went well.
Dennis hope breakfast was good. Hope good visit with son.
Scaredy sorry about sleepless night. Hope you got a nap in today. prayers sent
RS hope not too much damage from thunderstorms. Good luck with VFD setup/install. Hope you got progress on shop projects. Glad sty under eyelid going away.
Thomas sorry kitty found you before nap started. Hope Snow exits early.
Frits riding B&O canal on my bucket list. Nice barn. Was carving from cherry tree?
Randy(wag) sorry you missed Southern lights. Hope Church was good.
Kyle glad water leak fixed.
Ted sorry about wind. Glad you got your gravel, hope weather improve and you can play with it :) Sorry daughter had to leave early hope visit was good.
Rich Glad you could get gas. Hope you had good time a VFD hog roast. Hope wind is quieter tomorrow.
Kilroy sorry about oops, hopefully will outgrow that. We had issues with Australian Shepard chewing on rocker runners, cayenne pepper cured that. :)
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /loss of brother, /heart issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's and David's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's healing from surgery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,915  
41F @ 22:15 and the wind is still blowing.

Woman made Her Chicken Paprikash yesterday so I took a break and came down for a bowl.

Also needed to grab the Goo Gone, some more rags, and a refill on the coffee. Seems that someone in the ownership chain was a fan of duct tape.

Shop was a toasty 77F when I left, will head back up there shortly.

Measured the power cord on the saw, looks to be a little over 15' long. Might be a little short, would have been nice if it would have been 5' longer.

Initial wipe down done on the front and left side of the saw cabinet, also a little work with some polishing compound.

Front side after removing the raise/lower hand wheel for the blade and some clean up:

Left side prior to initial clean up:

Crud around the blade tilt hand wheel:

After removal of said hand wheel, a wipe down, and some minimal effort with a little polishing compound on the upper portion of the cabinet:

Also got the Square D disconnect switch and the Biesenmeyer fence components their initial clean ups:
The fence components have a number of chips in the paint, I'll probably touch them up if I can find a suitable color match, along with lightly wet sanding all the painted surfaces on the fence components with that 500 grit silicone carbide paper ... just to clean off any crud.

Plate on the motor was pretty scratched up, thinking that the FLA number might be 7.8A from the looks of it:

Did confirm the motor is a Baldor (lower lefthand corner two pictures above)

Given that I have the info above on the motor, I can probably look up the specs for it online and confirm.

Bearings in the motor and the arbor feel really good ... they are smooth and quiet, and don't feel like they have any slop whatsoever.

Assuming there aren't bad conditions that rear their ugly heads while under power at speed, probably the only thing I'll do to the motor is pull the bolts and separate the ends slightly and blow out any sawdust inside.

Then I might take a shot at repainting it.

Back to the salt mines ...
Saw cleaned up real good.

mostly, got 48 oatmeal & raisin cookies only 36 left.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,916  
When I had my Maine Coon, at bedtime she would lay on the corner of the bed where I put my feet. I would move her over and climb into the bed on my back. She would walk up my legs from the foot of the bed and lay on my chest and purr up a storm. Within 5 minutes of her purring I would be sound asleep.
I'm a 'stomach-sleeper', hugging my pillow under my right shoulder... Penelope the pussybeast will routinely plunk her butt (tail folded) into my right hand and proceed to purr me to sleep.

This is repeated by her after every trip to the heads I have to undertake during the course of the night.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,917  
Good morning, the low is 28 and the high temperature is going to 39°F. Wind WNW 14 to 20 mph. Snow continuing until about noon or so. Somehow I think it will be rain after the sun comes up.

We got about 3" from this little dusting. Maybe the last of the season.
I don't think I will plow this place, but I may have to do the others.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #166,918  
Coffee is done brewing. 28° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 52° with clouds in late afternoon. Weather yesterday was just about everything except warmth. .33" of rain. Then it snowed but it did not stick. Then wind blew. More branches and limbs on the ground. Never got anything done. Except play with dogs. Hope to pick up branches and limbs when it warms up this afternoon.
Caught Mr. and Mrs. Cardinal in the same picture. Not sure if they think it was a good idea.
cZyXOk5.jpg

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,919  
Good evening all. 42ºF for the start, .2 inch in rain gauge, patchy fog, very light breeze. For lifted in just over an hour, Clear sky, high temp 72ºF. Bike ride to start morning, 69+ miles air speed 13.32 mph. Lunch then nap. Dinner at mexican restaurant.
Posts 6PM Friday:
Thomas sorry about the extra raking. Hope evening went according to plan.
Randy(wag) nice weather, hope you can win the battle with the thistles, replacing cap sounds like never ending job.
Phil nice job on the saw.
RS good luck with saw, hope bearing in good shape.
Kilroy nice puppy pics.
RS nice saw pics, cleaning up nicely
Saturday morning posts:
Ron glad shopping done. Have fun dog sitting, hope Sassy gets over it. Glad you got deck down with no one hurt. Nice woodpecker
Buppies wife wants step in shoes, did not like how sketchers fit. Hope not too much rain, and not too fast. prayers sent.
Spike sorry about no rain. neat A-10s.
Bird my neighbor that I ride with said he got .5 inch at his Denton house.
Kilroy sorry about reality setting in hope puppy survives :) nice pics
Thomas thought you were going to shut off snow valve. Hope gravel recovery was successful and you managed undetected nap.
Billy glad you got hike in with only sprinkles. neat pics
Bill have fun plowing. Hope you got needed cookies :)
Drew glad you got some extra sleep. Enjoy the nice weather, good to hear plenty of good coffee :)
RNG sorry real estate deal not progressing well. Glad you got your burn permit. Hope RM43 application went well.
Don sorry Whipper is not eating again, good to hear she is getting lots of love. prayers sent. Hope seat time at the Farm was good.
Don nice pics.
Paul glad operation was successful. Glad you won battle with grille cloth. Zoe looks like she wants to be a lap dog.
Gstrom glad you found the loose neutral connectors. Hope foaming going well.
Ken sounds like nice night out in New Hope. Had a Dual turn table for a long time.
Drew thanks for link to turntable, I think mine was 1215.
James hope you can enjoy your snowstorm. Good to hear grocery reopening.
Kyle nice you still have your turntable. Glad your story had happy ending. Hope reconciling goes well., Congrats to son running good relay leg.
David good to hear mowing done, progress on tax paperwork, Sorry about H&F. Hope slider install got finished and Birthday lunch for Sophie went well.
Dennis hope breakfast was good. Hope good visit with son.
Scaredy sorry about sleepless night. Hope you got a nap in today. prayers sent
RS hope not too much damage from thunderstorms. Good luck with VFD setup/install. Hope you got progress on shop projects. Glad sty under eyelid going away.
Thomas sorry kitty found you before nap started. Hope Snow exits early.
Frits riding B&O canal on my bucket list. Nice barn. Was carving from cherry tree?
Randy(wag) sorry you missed Southern lights. Hope Church was good.
Kyle glad water leak fixed.
Ted sorry about wind. Glad you got your gravel, hope weather improve and you can play with it :) Sorry daughter had to leave early hope visit was good.
Rich Glad you could get gas. Hope you had good time a VFD hog roast. Hope wind is quieter tomorrow.
Kilroy sorry about oops, hopefully will outgrow that. We had issues with Australian Shepard chewing on rocker runners, cayenne pepper cured that. :)
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /loss of brother, /heart issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's and David's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's healing from surgery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.
Puppy pix are fun, but Senior dog is feeling a bit harried. We will leave puppy home when we go to the woodlot later today, let Bailey have some “Me Time” without the little bundle of energy.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,920  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly. . . ).

I got the two halves of the tiller apart almost. The hammering on the wheel shaft sortakinda widened it beyond tolerance and I would need to dress it with the grinder, but I have enough room to access the innards, and I replaced the shift fork shaft daily easily. Old one spread about .240, which is why it wouldn’t throw the shifter into the last position. Of course, things slipped out of position here and there, and there are two spacer/bushings that fell out and I need to download the diagram to find out where they go. Of course, the model number tag is missing, and I need to spend some time trying to find the manual the long way. . .

puppy is devloping a cough and runny nose, so call to vet in the morning. Of course he didn’t have it present during his examination Friday at the vet.

We planned to sleep in a bit today, and having the small crate with puppy in bedroom worked SOOOO much better than leaving him in big crate downstairs. But, big dog is on the recent schedule, and 5 am she was in looking to go out, so everyone got up. But at least pup slept through the night, and went to sleep with significantly less theatrics and vocalizations. Baby steps…

going to put in a couple hours OT after church. Yesterday I finally saw a “big winner” on their stock transactions. Otherwise the trend of mostly losses (5%-40%) or sub-1% profits has been pretty solid.

i hope everyone has a happy healthy safe blessed Sunday!