Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,941  
Actually was a nice day today...weather wise. Yesterday we had rain, freezing rain and snow. Mostly rain.

Got out and serviced up the mini x. She's ready for work now.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,942  
Good (Monday) morning. Overnight Low of 11C and it's presently 17.9C, overcast with a steady to mildly gusting wind.

We'll see what 'comes up' for today... not that I lack for little projects. :)

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,943  
IMG_1389.jpg

Here’s the same area on my Powermatic 66 connected to the dust collector.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,944  
Puppy update:

started the day with coughing and green snots. Trip to the only vet open Sundays an hour twenty away. Two shots, two prescriptions, but not kennel cough - apparently there is a nasty upper respiratory thing hitting canines locally and pupper got it.

but he is reacting well to meds and already we see improvement, and he is a quick study —- we have chickens, and he is fascinated by chicken poop. I walk him on the leash for now, and when he heads for poop I have been giving him a tug on the leash and a loud “LEAVE IT!”. Last walk I did, I barely got “Le—-” out and he wa already moving on.

good Boy!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,945  
Take a jig saw and clean up the mess of a cut that is there, make a pattern out of cardboard the fits the hole when you are done and use that to cut out a piece of steel to fit and weld it in.

Yeah ... I suspect I could manage that ... ;)

Will likely use a cut-off wheel in an angle grinder and true it up to straight using a flap disc.

Kinda have to wonder what they were thinking with all that hacking ... way more than what is needed ... for even a 4" dust port.

If you can’t weld it yourself it would be an easy job for someone that has the equipment and skill if you brought them the cabinet and the piece that you made.

I'm pretty sure I could weld it.

I think the base is actually thicker metal that the cabinet body, will need to verify that though.

My inclination right now is to make the piece for the base and weld that in and then use a separate piece and bolt that to cabinet body above the base.

Might even have a drop up in the shop I can use for the second piece, will look when I go up in a few minutes.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,946  
42°F and mostly clear this morning, got up to 69° today. We got a couple of pop-up thunderstorms this afternoon, one bringing big ol' fat raindrops with it. Been raining off and on since about 4pm, with more expected overnight. Wet Spring here so far.

We have been temp fostering a dog this week for someone The Wife knows through the rescue she works with. They went out of town for two weeks, and should be back next Sunday. The dog is very mild, but has occasional bouts of air snapping, which seem to be brought on by boredom. They had just changed the medication she was on, and over this week she seems to already be better. I haven't seen or heard her do it since probably Tuesday. She's both blind and deaf, but learned her way around our fenced lower yard and back to the door the first day she was here. She also learned last night how to move the barrier out of the way and get to the cat's area, where she found the tote with his food and other stuff, including a bag of hairball remedy which is (was) just shredded coconut. Today, she has the runs (but no hairballs).

Everything is greening up and growing here. Hope we get a respite from the rain for awhile. I'm going to need to get some grass mowed (first time this year) by next weekend.

Hope everyone is well.

Good evening, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,947  
   / Good morning!!!! #166,948  
Down to 43F already.

Woman broiled up a nice cod fillet for dinner along with oriental Rice-a-Roni, was very tasty.

I went up and started a fire in the double barrel before that was ready, should be warmed up and needing to be fed by now.

Placed the order for the VFD with Amazon along with some 2 x 3 plastic end caps for the fence tubes. Should be here tomorrow.

Just need to grab that silicone remover and find the Yeti for my coffee and I can head on up.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,949  
Good evening all. 43ºF for the start, clear sky, breezy. Light wind, clear sky, high temp 73ºF. Chapel to start day, pancakes for breakfast. Washed dishes, cleaned front porch leaves, and gutter grates. Got Peugeot ready for riding, will ride it until San Antonio race. Did get nap in.
Bill cookies won't last long at that rate.
Bill enjoy the seat time.
Ron interesting weather. Hope dogs are getting along and enjoyed the attention. Nice pic
Kilroy good luck with tiller project. Hope puppy doesn't get too sick. Good to hear baby steps with puppy.
Drew hope repair of lights go well. Have fun driving and cooking.
Buppies Thanks for shoe tip. Glad tree missed truck. Hope chainsawing was successful. prayers sent
Thomas glad snow control progressing, hope you can get in and out of driveway.
Paul sorry about the need to fix gutter hanger in rain. Hope you made inroads in shop back log. Nice Zoe pic.
James hope evergreen is taken care of. Hope splitting done. nice pics
Scotty glad maintenance on pressure was successful. Hope weed eating went well. Glad you got seat time in the Cobra!
RNG sorry about no spraying, hope you get some done before rain and some burning as well.
Frits glad Cody quit herding you. Hope you can find replacement motor for washer.
Ken glad you are getting out of the house. Hope turntable repair goes well. Neat pic
Drew glad light repair was easy. Sorry about unable to remove TPMS sensors. Hope dash cam says up. Enjoy pool time.
Ted glad you are getting more moisture, hope gravel work goes well.
David good progress. Nice slider scratched off list, and tax prep almost done. Enjoy your easy day
Frits sorry repair not working.
RS glad productive evening. Nice progress on saw, what some people do for repair amazing. !? Hope you can get parts ordered. Good luck with VFD running motor.
Joel glad you had nice day.
Randy(wag) hope wind say done and you can get some projects done.
Kilroy glad vet got pup fixed up. Good to hear he is responding to training.
PJ good to hear from you. Must be interesting to work with blind dog. Glad no hairballs :) Hope it gets dry enough to mow.
RS hope work on saw going well.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /loss of brother, /heart issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's and David's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's healing from surgery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.