Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #171,291  
PJ- That’s a solid looking chicken coop.

RonJH- Full Moons are difficult to capture; everything is washed out; but this is a nice picture. Thanks for sharing.

Kilroy- Great project and even greater you got a “WOW” from Wifey. Thanks for sharing.

PopG- Nice looking plantings. And good luck with your “project” this afternoon.

Buppies- Non-restful, disturbed sleep patterns really drain one of their life energy. I hope you get some restful sleep soon.

RNG- Good luck with the van.

Ken. I am sorry to read about SIL. You have a nice project going.

Last night's bean and sausage "glop" turned out really well. Wifey and I will be eating it for a while this week.

It was a raw, breezy, and cloudy 44ºF for this morning’s low temperature. There have been some breaks in the cloud deck and brief periods of sunshine so far this morning. The current temperature is 52ºF and I do not believe that it will be getting much warmer today, and I might see a rain shower or 2 this afternoon.

Excepting snow management the older I get the less tolerant I am for working outdoors in less than pleasant weather conditions with the only exception being photographing wildlife. Today looks to be an indoor activity day; like focusing on domestic duties 😱

/ Good morning!!!! #171,292  
Good morning! Low of 40°, heading up to 72°. Sunny now, clouds and a 30% chance of a t-storm this afternoon.

PJ, that is one nice coop for sure! The lights are a nice touch!

Drew, is it your yard waste? Maybe make a simple 3 sided compost area? Maybe a row of forsythia in front of it?

Paul, beautiful landscape bed! The mulch is nice.... wish there was a supplier out here with mulch like that.....
I have been considering converting a Kadet Senior to electric. It currently has a Saito 4 stoke on it... I think I would miss the 4 stroke sound....

Kilroy, nice progress! You did good to get a "wow" from the wifey. That's what counts right?

Ron, glad you found the window cleaner..... oops... the windows were done already! Now you have some for next time.....

RNG, hope the van works out... sounds like the best option so far. And it's below MSRP.....

Mostly, good to hear that the trip was uneventful. Too bad about the accident.... sounded pretty bad. Be safe coming back.

Easy agenda for today. I will be doing the drip irrigation hookups for the new planters. Then remove the gravel 'ramp' and get it spread out.

The transplants done yesterday show no signs of distress this morning. Maybe we will get some berries after all.

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #171,293  
69F and sunny @ 10:00, heading up to around 83F for the day's high supposedly according to WU.

OTOH, WeatherBug says the day's high will be 78F. Like that one a little better.

In fact, WB says highs will range from 71F to 78F through this coming Friday ... which sounds just about perfect to me.

Only downside: Akron annual rainfall is now officially in deficit (-0.11") as of last night ... and no decent chances for rain until this coming Sunday ... :(

Got a shower and shave yesterday afternoon and put on some good duds and ran down to ACE, picked up a couple more seed packets of corn and a small (56 oz) watering can which I prefer to use when watering small plants. One for the front/indoors and one for the back.

Swung by the local garden center which is run by a girl I went to school with, think she was a year or so later ... a bit of a character. She had all sorts of veggie plants and they looked pretty good and I thought reasonably priced (about $20/flat or $1.97 for a four pack)

Picked up two flats: cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, eggplant, some tomatoes (Woman had already brought 3 tomato plants, and those are looking good), and peppers. The peppers ended up being the majority of it - probably close to a flat by themselves.

Was surprised to see that She had both flats of sweet corn and beans already started. Have never seen that before.

At any rate, after I got back I gathered up some pots into the dump cart with seeds planted in them which hadn't yet come up and took those around back.

By that time the cold front was moving through and it had cooled off and was quite pleasant outside.

So I started repotting the pepper plants in the flats, ended got 19 of those done + 4 Big Boy tomatoes. Took the tomatoes around back. Left some of the peppers out front on top of the Weber grill moved the rest inside the garage for the night, along with what was left in the flats. Looks like what I left outside made it through the night undamaged.

Two flats is a lot of plants BTW ... lol.

Coffee just finished brewing ... (y)

And I just let the downstairs cat upstairs to be fed. This practice was strictly verboten under the previous regime ... mainly because they couldn't tolerate the inevitable spats with the upstairs occupants that would ensue.

My theory is that after a few initial dustups, things will settle down and the pecking order will sort itself out ... and there will be relative peace and harmony. We're about to find out whether that will actually work out in practice. So far, other than a couple of distressed yowls upon sighting of the intruder, all has been quiet.

Don't think I'll be leaving downstairs cat upstairs once I go outside though ... don't need any unnecessary vet bills.

Agenda for today:

Water plants in pots.

Work on potting more plants from the flats.

Start on getting asparagus planted.

Get some more spraying done, wind permitting.

In the upcoming days there are a couple of tasks that are on the agenda now that it looks like things are going to be a little cooler.

1. Get garden plot tilled and the landscape fabric laid down.

2. Use the Stihl pole saw to trim away the lower branches on the large Japanese yew at the southeast corner of the house. This yew is huge - probably 15' tall - and there are multiple entrances to the ground hog burrows around the base. Need to be able to get in there to block off the entrance holes before deploy the smoke bombs.

3. Harvest a number of large(er) black locust tree to use for posts for the electric fencing around the garden. Reluctant to set anything out lest the wildlife destroy them. Need at least four - but six or eight would be even better. And they need to at least 12' long. Will have to see what's available.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #171,294  
RS, Burgess is addictive. Some of there stuff is so cheap. Yes when it shows up you think who shrunk the plant...

I've been pretty happy with the quality of the stuff I've gotten from them so far. To the point that I went ahead and placed another order the other day. A fact which I'm sure will get me a "You're In Big Trouble Mister" ! in the coming days ... :LOL:

The King Kong strawberries looked fantastic when I got them and the price was great IIRC. To the point that I wish I had ordered more.

Asparagus I just got looks good too.

but most of my stuff has grown. I've complained before here of their management and QC issues, but sure can get in a lot of trouble
reading Burgess catalog on the throne.

We typically don't have literature in the loo ... but I'm thinking sticking a Burgess catalog in there might be a great idea ... (y)

Have fun on the plant acquisition trip ... ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #171,296  
successful trip, bought lots of veggies and two dappled willows.
got those planted, everything watered
pulled out radishes, planted squash, Italian sweet grilling peppers, poblanos, small cukes, and hard Fall squash.
that was plenty of exercise for me.

I think the color of that strawberry is marvelous.

Attachments

• IMG_1846.JPG
    IMG_1846.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1845.JPG
    IMG_1845.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1843.JPG
    IMG_1843.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 55
   / Good morning!!!! #171,297  
64°F and .29 inches rain.

The AARP movie was interesting, based on sad but true story of how lepers were treated here in Hawaii after the take over of the Kingdom.

Dinner was good, albeit frustrating. New menu, price increases and 3% up charge for using credit card, and the suggested Tip guidelines have increased. The Guess we will be eating there less often, not more.

Today the actual painting fun begins.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #171,298  
good morning all
there's where PJ got to, good to hear from you Paul.
fine looking chicken complex

Ted, I really like the colors on the new shed.

I'm being lazy and in slow mode. going to go to local garden shop later this morning, bring something home to plant.
need to check out supply of fruit trees. Now that I have an phd and 12" auger whenever I need it, can plant a few trees in the back.
Seems silly to plant apple trees when I live between two apple orchards, so keeping an open mind. Another willow would be nice.
since a big area floods, really have to avoid that. But I would like to plant some visual barriers at the very rear of property where lots of trashy
yard refuse has been dumped. Shady area. Not hosta. three to four feet tall.
suggestions?

I'll see what the garden shop has. Been going there all my life, Bountiful Acres in Lahaska.
Expensive but first class experience. Need to find something to plant in raised garden where radishes were.
Have plenty of tomatoes growing. Maybe some pablano peppers, a very mild heat pepper I can cook with.

RS, Burgess is addictive. Some of there stuff is so cheap. Yes when it shows up you think who shrunk the plant...
but most of my stuff has grown. I've complained before here of their management and QC issues, but sure can get in a lot of trouble
reading Burgess catalog on the throne.
Elderberry or dwarf bamboo?

/ Good morning!!!! #171,299  
57 going to 75 and the rain in the Fc did not show up. No rain today either

Coffee is good this morning

Have enough since the subscription got messed up. Put 10 bags in the freezer

Plan today whatever wife wants and if left over time we will see.

Glad the excavator skills are improving. Takes a little time but now you can focus more on increasing speed

Buppies that is too early to get up. hope you are OK
No speed increasing until after the 50 Hour Service!!!

🤣