Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #171,421  
The air around here was not healthy to breathe today; even the šŸ• agreed during the P.O. run during which time he kept inside the truck.

/ Good morning!!!! #171,422  
Was working in the shop, and all of a sudden it looked like a rain shower was approaching, I ran out to put some things away, and realized it was smoke.
Visibility Dropped from better than 10 to no more than 2 miles in about 5 minutes. I have never seen anything like it.

/ Good morning!!!! #171,423  
thanks txdon, and others
- two of my friends, and my cousin, were / are all prepared to assist me in the event that I need to hide my own equipment for a time. One friend has a flat deck tow truck and the other friend lives 10 minutes away and has space to put everything. that would be a quick solution HOWEVER, the consequences of her draining all the funds etc are a concern and I don't want to aggravate things. (she currently has chosen to live on the property, with the tenants, and until there is a Separation Agreement - in the works, I can't even isolate accounts, - that ends soon)
- the fact that BOTH LAWYERS are aware of this incident, now means that anything done to the tractor or equipment (SALES - my concern, relocation, damages, punctured tires etc) it is easily directed back at her.
- I've thought of a kill switch generally, but this matter brings it more front and centre. that will be done yet, along with some metal stamping of my initials.
-my immediate solution for additional security / personal identification of pieces ... RANDOM stickers from various Brands (Arctic Cat etc) strategically placed out of sight ... on the tractor, loader, bucket, backhoe, grapple, auger, auger bit, rotary mower, box blade, ATV, vintage Jacobsen, zero-turn cub cadet. Photos of stickers as placed. Everything is identified by serial number with the dealership at purchase, and now if needed I can specifically identify items.

This is a case where the Battle is the Lords, and I am carefully dealing with some mental health / instability issues. Also a case after 27-28 years, where it gets filed under "never would I ever have thought this would happen"

One day at a time.
Apple AirTags are cheap, too.

Hang in there!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #171,424  
Morning all, 52 when I went to walk the dog, going up too 80.
WU says rain of up to 0.0" today.....

Did a lot of watering and cleaned up some weeds, all I felt like doing as day job getting busy.

BEF - pain not good, hope your better now.
Accidents with youngsters so sad.

KC - looks like you could use some suitcase weights up front. Nice Wheelies.

Scaredy - Happy belated birthday. Good to hear you are trying to stay positive, definitely praying for a good outcome and can get moving on.

Chair broke, emailed the people we bought it from almost 20 years ago. Clip snapped on spring. They told me they will send a new set in the mail, no charge.

A little hazy here yesterday,
View attachment 804459

Be well,
Yeah - that harrow does have some leverage hanging off the back. Especially heading uphill. Good thing the tires are loaded! Finding the proper weights cheap will likely be difficult, I may end up casing something out of concrete?

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #171,425  
Good morning! Low of 48Ā°, heading up to 72Ā°. Very good chance of a shower / t-storm. Had a storm glance by last evening, put a 1/4" in the gauge. About 4 miles south, there was accumulating 1/2"-3/4" hail. There are some reports of damage.

Glad we just got rain..... Hopefully, more rain will arrive this afternoon. Heavy cloud cover, higher dew point, higher humidity.... we should get some more....

Dennis, hope you are felling better and you're able to get some sleep.

Fritz, we would take that pup in a minute..... but how could we.... being 3/4 the way across the country.....
Beautiful pup.

Drew, good to hear that there is some good customer service still out there.

RS, your making me up our game.... nice shelving/ plant holder.

Scaredy, so sorry to hear about the ongoing drama. Hope you can get to a turning point. Keep the faith, prayers sent for you.

RNG, sorry about the run around with the dealer. Did he give you any excuses when you contradicted his lies?
For some strange reason, I enjoy making salesman sqirm.

David, try to enjoy the painting..... it's hard, but any little positive thoughts might help.....
I/we will be undertaking painting the house sometime this summer.... not looking forward to it....

Jay, that's a nice cart.... definitely need to keep it in service. Probably nothing built like that today....

Being it's damp and mucky outside, not sure what I'll get into. I'm sure I can find something to do....

Everyone have a great day!
Ya knowā€¦ when Drew finishes his repair, he could swing by and visit Frits and go on a cross-country trip to ā€œmake sureā€ the repair holds up šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

/ Good morning!!!! #171,426  
It was hazy here all day from the smoke. Started yesterday afternoon.

/ Good morning!!!! #171,427  
Was working in the shop, and all of a sudden it looked like a rain shower was approaching, I ran out to put some things away, and realized it was smoke.
Visibility Dropped from better than 10 to no more than 2 miles in about 5 minutes. I have never seen anything like it.

Was just out watering the garden and it looked like clouds going over, maybe itā€™s smoke, but I canā€™t smell any smoke.

/ Good morning!!!! #171,428  
GM Update:

Went up to woodlot, Bailey had a good walk, Mrs was raking up roots in newly-plowed area (many more need treatment with loppers) and picked up about three bushels-worth, with plenty more to go. I took the excavator and opened/re-opened up a path for about another 30-40 yards until I got to a culvert that I need to add some dirt over before I can cross it and continue, but I found that doing a ā€œreverse rakeā€ technique (pushing away from machine instead of pulling in toward the machine) works really well and by the end of the run I was getting marginally good at it. Also managed to clear out about a 400 sq ft patch of thorny bramble and knocked over a rotted tree stump about 2ā€™ diameter/15ā€™ high. It was punky and sorta hollow, but it make a satisfying thump when it came down.

/ Good morning!!!! #171,429  
Good (Wednesday) morning. Another balmy overnight Low of 11.2C and it's presently 18C! A heavy fog to start the AM, now calm & clear. There was 1.0mm in the gauge at 0900.

Well, the phone data transfer (yesterday) was a bust... as I suspected it would be. Nothing is ever 'simple' for me and it became a cavalcade of technical hick-ups and cursing rage! :D (I'm proud of myself for not flinging either of the bloody things across the room) So, I'll head into Launceston on Thursday to visit a mobile phone 'repair' shop to have it done properly.

So, today is 'into town' day for mail & groceries... hopefully I'll continue with the branch/tree clean-up this arvo.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #171,430  
Another good day of painting progress, done for the day. All the wood structure and concrete columns painted on master suite box.

Soak in hot tub felt well earned.

Also had my last televideo appointment with surgeon that did my floppy eyelids and he is pleased with the healing results.

Time for a fresh drawn porter and conserve energy..